PA voter ID enjoined until after the election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:13:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  PA voter ID enjoined until after the election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA voter ID enjoined until after the election  (Read 1275 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« on: October 02, 2012, 05:08:23 PM »
« edited: October 02, 2012, 05:10:07 PM by Dr. Cynic »

Wonderful news. Now we can have a more truly democratic election here in the keystone this year.

SOS, how many times have you showed your drivers license to someone in the past year or two?
Me? Only whenever I've purchased alcohol. My ability to vote was never in doubt, nor was it at all the point when this thing was passed. I'm much happier for my non-driving grandfather and tens of thousands like him, as well as the other groups negatively affected by this law, like the Amish.

If they're free and relatively easy to get, I think that should be the standard.

Not for me... I don't drive, Grumps. The nearest DMV to me is in either Washington or Belle Vernon and that's just not in walking distance since I'm living in Monongahela again and not in Pittsburgh proper. In fact, getting any form of ID has been extremely difficult for me over the years.

Besides, the people at my polling place have known me for 20 years. One of the workers there is the father of my best friend. Why should I show ID when they know who I am already and they know I'm registered?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies