MA: Mideast Budget 2012 (Statute)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:56:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Mideast Budget 2012 (Statute)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: MA: Mideast Budget 2012 (Statute)  (Read 6604 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2012, 05:55:33 PM »

AYE
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2012, 06:19:18 PM »

Aye
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2012, 07:51:58 PM »

AYE
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2012, 05:31:52 AM »

AYE
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2012, 05:32:56 AM »

Voting is now closed.  The AYEs are 4, and the NAYs are 1.  The AYEs have it, and the amendment is adopted.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2012, 11:18:35 AM »

Ladies and gentleman, I believe we now have a balanced budget! Smiley Congratulations.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2012, 01:53:22 PM »

Ladies and gentleman, I believe we now have a balanced budget! Smiley Congratulations.

Nice work everyone!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2012, 02:25:49 PM »

Nice work everyone!

Indeed, hopefully we will be able to pass the budget before the end of the session Smiley
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2012, 06:44:25 PM »

Excellent.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »

This is a great step for our region. I am so glad to have been part of it. Smiley
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2012, 06:59:55 PM »

Well I'm not in favor of these taxes increases...but it is nice to see the budget I wrote so long ago make it through to just before the final vote to become law Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2012, 10:09:30 PM »

Well I'm not in favor of these taxes increases...but it is nice to see the budget I wrote so long ago make it through to just before the final vote to become law Smiley
I'd just like to say that while they are increases from the original numbers, they actually won't be increases in RL. In both of them, I found roughly what the average tax was from each state in the region - both the sales tax and gas/diesel taxes are actually slightly lower than what I found the average to be. So overall, this will be a tax cut for more Mideasterners. It's just not going to be as big of a cut as what it was before. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2012, 11:36:12 PM »

Do you think we could get the numbers amended on the first page and proceed to a final vote soon (unless someone else has anything to add)?

I had originally considered proposing a couple cuts to free up money for a jobs bill, but at the end of the day, we're already going to be running a surplus, and I don't want to put any more strain than needed on the government.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2012, 05:57:17 PM »

Yeah, I can try to get that done tonight after class.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2012, 11:22:15 PM »

Actually, Inks, do you think you could hold off on a final vote after you recalculate the numbers? I have some math I want to do with the tax credits. Thank you! Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2012, 04:38:38 PM »

Sorry for the delay - I've had a big paper due this week that's finally done.  I'll have this updated by late tonight.  In the mean time, go ahead and introduce your amendments.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2012, 04:51:35 PM »

I'm not seeing any information on the sales tax analysis, otherwise, I believe we are now up to date.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2012, 05:11:05 PM »

Here's the sales tax increase:
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2012, 05:12:35 PM »

3B has been added to Ad Valorum taxes.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2012, 05:22:38 PM »

We currently have $3.9 billion free to spend from the 2010 Stimulus Act - when I was requesting funds way back when, I asked for a small portion of the money delegated to us be used at the Assembly's discretion. I'm trying to figure out if we could apply some to here, either through tax breaks or increased credits, or if we should hold it. Thoughts?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2012, 05:41:29 PM »

CAN we just "hold it" as a surplus?  Is that allowed?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2012, 05:48:18 PM »

We currently have $3.9 billion free to spend from the 2010 Stimulus Act - when I was requesting funds way back when, I asked for a small portion of the money delegated to us be used at the Assembly's discretion. I'm trying to figure out if we could apply some to here, either through tax breaks or increased credits, or if we should hold it. Thoughts?

I am very skeptical of passing any new tax breaks while the current regional income and corporate tax rates for the upper income brackets are so low.  I won't rule it out without hearing what you had in mind, but my gut feeling is that we would be better off holding onto it than using it to give tax breaks.  I would support using that money to help improve our region's infrastructure, *maybe * developing a high-speed rail system (I need to investigate this a bit before taking a position), improving the region's public schools, investing in green energy research, etc.  There is a lot of good that we can do with this money and that is what we should be focusing on.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2012, 05:56:27 PM »

I am very skeptical of passing any new tax breaks while the current regional income and corporate tax rates for the upper income brackets are so low.  I won't rule it out without hearing what you had in mind, but my gut feeling is that we would be better off holding onto it than using it to give tax breaks.  I would support using that money to help improve our region's infrastructure, *maybe * developing a high-speed rail system (I need to investigate this a bit before taking a position), improving the region's public schools, investing in green energy research, etc.  There is a lot of good that we can do with this money and that is what we should be focusing on.
Once again, when you factor in the federal rates, our tax rates are much higher than RL.

We can hold it at a surplus, but come on Inks, we have to do something nice for The People. Wink Just no huge tax cut that'll put us back in the whole...paging 2001...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2012, 11:56:57 PM »

Once again, when you factor in the federal rates, our tax rates are much higher than RL.

We can hold it at a surplus, but come on Inks, we have to do something nice for The People. Wink Just no huge tax cut that'll put us back in the whole...paging 2001...

Why was this addressed to me?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2012, 12:20:02 AM »

The first sentence was responding to Mr. X's claim that our tax rates are too low. The second part was in response to you asking if we can just "hold on to" the surplus. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies