Rasmussen Gloats About His Accuracy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:32:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Rasmussen Gloats About His Accuracy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen Gloats About His Accuracy  (Read 6162 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2005, 04:39:14 PM »

Election Results Highlight Accuracy of Rasmussen Reports

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 06:13:15 PM »

Rasmussen did do very very well this year.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 06:52:08 PM »

Yes, he had a spectacular year.  Whatever his changes in methodology were from 2000, they were obviously the right changes.

Rasmussen was as good this year as Zogby was bad.  Zogby was exposed as the partisan hack that he is.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 08:39:10 PM »

Zogby was exposed as the partisan hack that he is.

Woo! I remember when liberals were saying to watch the "independent" polls at Zogby Interactive and pay no attention to the "partisan hacks" at Gallup
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 03:21:52 AM »

Woo! I remember when liberals were saying to watch the "independent" polls at Zogby Interactive and pay no attention to the "partisan hacks" at Gallup

Gallup did pretty badly.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 05:26:33 AM »

Will Rasmussen change his party id? CNN said that was 37/37/26 at the election day. I think that Rasmussen uses 39/35/26. Hence...
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 05:29:10 AM »

Will Rasmussen change his party id? CNN said that was 37/37/26 at the election day. I think that Rasmussen uses 39/35/26. Hence...
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 10:48:56 AM »

Gallup did pretty badly.

Only at the state level.  Their national poll, before they did a ridiculous split of the undecided vote, was spot on the difference.  Their state polls were also nowhere near as bad as Zogby's.  And, unlike Zogby, they admitted there was a problem and are looking into fixing it.  Zogby was gloating about his accuracy for a while.

Scott did nail it and can look forward to some sweet, sweet media buys.  Hopefully Zogby loses all his contracts and people stop listening to him. 

Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 06:36:52 AM »

Gallup did pretty badly.

Only at the state level.  Their national poll, before they did a ridiculous split of the undecided vote, was spot on the difference.  Their state polls were also nowhere near as bad as Zogby's.  And, unlike Zogby, they admitted there was a problem and are looking into fixing it.  Zogby was gloating about his accuracy for a while.

Scott did nail it and can look forward to some sweet, sweet media buys.  Hopefully Zogby loses all his contracts and people stop listening to him. 

sorry but I disagree. You can not evaluate a poll company only with her last poll. During the campaign, Gallup gave lots of incorrect results because their polls were biaised (too many republicans or too many democrats,...). And well, the Gallup states polls were... awful.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 01:15:13 PM »

I kind of suspect that Rasmussen just got lucky, but oh well, we'll see in the future.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2005, 08:57:03 PM »

Gallup did pretty badly.

Nothing, other than a few poorly done local polls, was as bad as Zogby.

Gallup did horribly at the state level, but did freakishly well at anticipating trends in states. When Gallup showed Bush +10 in Ohio, the next week, Ohio swung towards Bush. When Gallup showed Kerry +10 there, it swung towards Kerry the next week.

The national poll went a little extreme at times, too, and showed similar weird trending to the state polls, but was overall OK.

Still, Gallup needs to look at some of their sampling (I think they once had a poll where a third of people made $75,000+ or something of that sort). I forget what areas they did poorly in at this point - it's been a while. Maybe Vorlon remembers.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 09:02:47 PM »

Gallup did pretty badly.

Nothing, other than a few poorly done local polls, was as bad as Zogby.

Gallup did horribly at the state level, but did freakishly well at anticipating trends in states. When Gallup showed Bush +10 in Ohio, the next week, Ohio swung towards Bush. When Gallup showed Kerry +10 there, it swung towards Kerry the next week.

The national poll went a little extreme at times, too, and showed similar weird trending to the state polls, but was overall OK.

Still, Gallup needs to look at some of their sampling (I think they once had a poll where a third of people made $75,000+ or something of that sort). I forget what areas they did poorly in at this point - it's been a while. Maybe Vorlon remembers.

And to Gallup's credit they are doing exactly that.

Rasmussen did the same 4 years ago when he went kablooey.

Zogby gloats about his accuracy.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 10:00:47 PM »

Don't expect that jackass hack Zogby to change a thing.  He's a tool.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies