Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:13:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54318 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2013, 03:23:44 PM »

September 23rd will be my first anniversary of registration in Atlasia. To celebrate this I am holding a cake eating celebration. Since less people are available on Mondays, it will be held on Sunday September 22nd, between 13:00 and 15:00.

Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2013, 11:11:24 PM »

Hello Poroit, I have no idea who you are (I became active on this forum in July) and I hope you have a great cake day
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2013, 02:09:43 PM »

The cake was good and fun was had by all. Thanks to those in attendance. Sorry for those who could not attend.

Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2013, 02:32:14 PM »

The cake was good and fun was had by all. Thanks to those in attendance. Sorry for those who could not attend.

well we had cake yesterday (with Matt) so I'm good! Smiley
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2013, 02:43:40 PM »

Congrats Poirot!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2013, 07:36:03 PM »

Congratulations on your first year, Poirot!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »

Northeast Citizens,

The regional Senate election is coming soon and I have declared my candidacy for the Northeast Senate seat. Yes, It's time for yet another Senate run. I've had a few unsuccessful bids but I feel now could be the time. It's time for Poirot.

I have an official sound (instead of song). It's the sound of alarm clock. This will remind everyone in the morning of October 18-19-20 that they need to vote Poirot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYhpmlEB-JI

My official food is the bagel. It can be a morning food. I prefer the cinnamon and raisins variety.

This time vote for Poirot!
Thank you kindly.

Announcement made in Mystic, Connecticut
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2013, 08:04:01 PM »

Thank you for welcoming me at the Harvard Law School in Cambridge Massachusetts.

I was invited to talk about the possibility of involving ordinary citizens in federal judicial decisions. Citizens could be picked randomly and somewhat forced to act as jury. I know the random pick is probably to be fair and not choose a biased jury. However I'm not sure if taking people from the street to sit them in court would deliver the best justice. Not all citizens are active, not all could be interested in doing the job, not all are competent in law, not all would take great time to make a decision and be unbiased.

I would not like to be drafted to serve on the court and I am against judicial draft. I am for a professional court system with professional justices, who have applied willingly for the job, been trained, have law knowledge and desire to serve in that capacity.   

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2013, 04:13:53 PM »

The Senate could eliminate all farm subsidies. This could lead to many family farms in the Northeast, like the Smiths farm here in Troy Vermont, going out of business.

I would keep subsidies for small farms. It can be tough to compete with gigantic industrial farms or places with a better climate. We can't let our rural areas with their small farms deperish. Food produced locally gives us fresh products, that don't need to be transported over thousands of miles, it make our neighours survive and our villages and land inhabited.   

You may remember that I voted for the Agriculture reinvestment act in the regional assembly in January 2013. This allowed farmers to get grants and ensure the viability and preserve 
the agricultural base of the region.

Now I'm going north of the border to Sherbrooke in Quebec because Atlasians living north of the border have the right to vote in our election so I'm going to reach out to them.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2013, 04:31:58 PM »

I'm in Cape May, New Jersey to talk about my No old left behind policy.

With the rapid spread of technology we move more and more towards a paperless society. Many governement and business transactions can be done using modern technology. While this poses no problem to a vast majority, it requires the knowledge or ownership of hi-tech tools. Not everyone has a smart phone or a computer or can easily use them. This affects mostly old people or poor people.

Some businesses or government offices no longer send forms or statements by mail. They want people to go online, or they will charge you if you want an invoice on paper. That is not practical for people who have trouble with technology. Some people still function with paper. No old people should be left behind. 

I want the older people (or poor) to have the choice to access data and information in their preferred way. If they ask for a form, income tax form, brochure from government services they should have the option of getting it by mail on paper for free. No question asked. Private companies will have to send monthly statements or transaction statement on paper for free if the client requires it with no additional charge so the client can follow their accounts.

No old left behind.
It's time.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2013, 09:17:21 PM »

I've come by ferry to Lewes in Delaware. During the journey I remembered I wanted to rename to Senate Protest and analysis thread something like the Senate Café to attract more citizens in that place. A more friendly and welcoming name could get more people to enter the place.

Since discussions and interactions have been rough on the boards lately perhaps a more appropriate name should be the Senate Saloon thread. Heated discussions, fist fights, drunk posting; that could increase participation.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2013, 09:23:35 PM »

Since discussions and interactions have been rough on the boards lately perhaps a more appropriate name should be the Senate Saloon thread. Heated discussions, fist fights, drunk posting; that could increase participation.

Isn't that already what happens? Wink
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2013, 10:06:58 PM »

Consider yourself endorsed Mr. Poirot.  The Senate needs a shake-up, and you're the right man for the job.  Smiley
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2013, 08:56:27 PM »

Consider yourself endorsed Mr. Poirot.  The Senate needs a shake-up, and you're the right man for the job.  Smiley

Thank you!

I forgot to say visitors (Flo, siren) can grab a bagel when they stop by.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2013, 09:12:32 PM »

I'm at Laurel caverns in Farmington, Pennsylvania. I'm difficult to see because there is not much lighting.

I would like to put better lighting into senate operations and activities. I don't know if there is a lot of consultations, or deals made behind the curtains of the senate or with the president before a bill comes to the floor. I think it would be interesting to have communications before presenting bills or consultations when a bill is on the floor made in public if some happen in private. It would be informative and interesting to know. The thread for this would be called the Senate antechamber.

There seems to be a problem of senators becoming inactive for whatever reason. I was thinking we could shorten the mandates to three months. It could make it easier for people to commit to a shorter period if you predict life circumstances will change in a few months, or stick to the mandate when you have only a couple of weeks left instead of having to resign.   
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2013, 09:30:11 PM »

Endorsed!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2013, 09:39:57 PM »

Thanks for your endorsement Flo. Smiley
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2013, 01:24:37 PM »

In Albany, New York to talk about improving the process of federal amendment ratification by the regions. I'll try to make it short because I have talked about the same thing in previous campaigns and I'm starting to sound like a broken record.

I get the impression when the senate sends an amendment for ratification to the regions they don't seem to care what happens to it or try to explain it to the voters. Sometimes I see the ballot text and I'm not sure what are the implications of the change.

I would get maybe the VP or AG to coordinate with the regions in making sure voting booths are opened by regions after a period of time. The regions keeps operating the voting booth. The VP (or AG) would post the text in a thread opening a 48 hour period that serves as notice to governors and a question period for voters if they have questions and want to better understand to make an informed decision before voting. People could also argue for and against if they wished but the main goal is to have other people than PPT be the link to regions and voters because he has probably enough on his hands already.     
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2013, 10:28:39 PM »

I am in the town of Johnston in Rhode Island. Rhode Island is the smallest state. It is not because you are small that you are not important.

Big political parties have their own interest in mind when they make decisions about the game. In reforms about how candidates are elected or regional reform, I will express concerns for future indepedent or small parties candidates. For example, if we have three regions with more population, it looks incredibly difficult for a party with 3 members in a region to compete with 2 or 3 big parties if they are trying hard to win a senate seat. Give a chance to the little guys.

Some have said many times it's natural order to have only two parties. I disagree with that. Two parties are not fun. Three parties with the same agenda is not fun either.   

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2013, 05:31:45 PM »

Last day before the election. Campaign stop in Portsmouth New Hampshire.

I would like citizens to let citizens keep more money in their pockets.

To achieve this I will propose a national tax free savings account program based on the Northeast No Tax Account.
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Northeast_No_Tax_Accounts_Act

Driiiing. It's time. Vote Poirot.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2013, 08:50:06 PM »

Northeasterners,

I end my October 2013 NE Senate campaign in Old Orchard in Maine. I have traveled to every state of the region to try to get your vote. The voting booth is about to open in a couple of hours. The choice is now yours.

oh, I see something on the horizon...

A big wave! It could be a wave of support for me that will start in Maine and unfurl on all the Northeast.

oh, and I hear a sound...
Driiiing, It's time! Vote Poirot. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #171 on: October 18, 2013, 04:24:22 PM »

Driiiing. It's time. Vote.

(there is already a lineup at the polling station)
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2013, 07:50:41 PM »

Endorsed! Join in the Progressive Union!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2013, 11:47:55 AM »

Driiiiing! It's time!

Because it is my fifth run for Senate I have hired Lou Bega to sing Mambo Number 5 as entertainment for the crowd gathered at my election night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAln0m1PGMI

The crowd needs spirit lift up because it is not looking good right now. With the possible number of votes left it could even be metaphysically impossible to catch up the other candidates.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2013, 06:59:04 PM »

Thank you Lou Bega for entertaining the crowd tonight.

Over the part three days, the people have spoken, and they have not spoken in my favor, so I concede this race. I recognize that people did not want me to go in the Senate. In the end, it was not my time. The other two candidates, bore and Goldwater garnered many more votes.

The campaign did not succeed as I had hoped. The repetitive use of driiiing sound might have been annoying for some. I was trying to provoke a Pavlovian conditioning. Associate the alarm clock sound with a vote for me so on election days voters hearing alarm clock sound would go vote for me. Unfortunatley it had very limited success.

The campaign also focused in posting appropriate images to reach voters who have trouble reading, trouble understanding me, or don't have time to read so they still would get the message. Maybe the segment of the population with poor reading skills didn't turn out to vote.

I want to thank the voters (note that I can use the plural this time) who cast their ballot for me. I appreciate the support of those accomplished and distinguished Atlasians. It was great to have visitors in my campaign office, people interested to know what was happening. It was heartwarming to have citizens travel from other regions to offer their endorsements. It was much appreciated. Also thank you to the Progressive Union party for endorsing me for second preference.   

I want to congratulate bore and Goldwater for their more effective campaigns and thank them for their participation in this civic exercise we call election. It looks like bore will be reelected so he will continue his effective work as Northeast Senator for another term. Congratulations bore.

I will not be in the Senate but my ideals live on. I'm proud to say already my No old left behind policy has influence policy in the world. A few days ago in Canada's Speech from the throne, the government put in its legislative agenda for people to not have to pay more to get a paper bill. I quote: End pay to pay policies, so customers won’t pay extra to receive paper bills.

Atlasia influences the world. Foreign governements look up to us, they follow with interest what is happening here. If this is not proof that other nations monitor what happens here, I don't know what is.

Thank you kindly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies