Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:21:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54521 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: July 29, 2014, 10:08:31 PM »

Mes amis, I have declared my candidacy for the special Senate at-large election being held August 1 to 3, 2014. I have been candidate for Senate many times. I am again. My official campaign song is Oops I did it again by Britney Spears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduA0TULnow

Since the campaign lasts a few days, I will not have a campaign banner. Désolé. I hope the at-large population consider me when they make the choice later this week.

Merci.       
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2014, 10:53:12 PM »

If elected, I will have two policy priorities.

I want to increase the safety of rail transport. There have been accidents with rail tank cars. They can spill or explode. We need to get rid of older type of tank cars and only accept transport by newer and more solid tank cars.

I also want to protect ordinary people who participate in crowdfunding: Surveillance of crowdfunding websites and limit the amount of money someone can give to one project to limit individual risk. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #252 on: July 31, 2014, 10:57:01 PM »

I don't know if voter turnout will be low because it's a special election in middle of summer or high because there are many candidates, but if there are people out there thinking of voting for me, please don't forget to vote.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #253 on: August 04, 2014, 09:23:35 PM »

I am going to send out different sized thanks to voters according to preference vote in upper half: mega thanks for first preference, super thanks for second, big thanks for third and thanks for fourth.

I want to say good job to the numerous candidates. Voters had many possibilities in an election with only one winner. Congratulations to Spiral for winning this race.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2014, 07:22:34 PM »

People of Atlasia, I am here this evening in Little Rock, Arkansas (Imperial Dominion of the South) to announce my candidacy for the position of At-Large Senator. It is called Little Rock but it's not that little and that didn't stop this city of growing and developing.

I plan on making campaign stops in the different regions of the country over the next two weeks. There are already candidates representing the different big parties and I'm running as Independent. Independents can have very different ideas, so I want to avoid being ideological and will try to propose little things to make little people's lives better. I hope to get your vote in the August Senate At-Large electon.   

Thank you kindly.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2014, 07:29:31 PM »

Good to see you running again, Poirot, I hope you will participate in the Senate debate as well!
GAworth
United States

« Reply #256 on: August 08, 2014, 08:00:43 PM »

People of Atlasia, I am here this evening in Little Rock, Arkansas (Imperial Dominion of the South) to announce my candidacy for the position of At-Large Senator. It is called Little Rock but it's not that little and that didn't stop this city of growing and developing.

I plan on making campaign stops in the different regions of the country over the next two weeks. There are already candidates representing the different big parties and I'm running as Independent. Independents can have very different ideas, so I want to avoid being ideological and will try to propose little things to make little people's lives better. I hope to get your vote in the August Senate At-Large electon.   

Thank you kindly.

Welcome to the race my friend!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #257 on: August 08, 2014, 08:08:14 PM »

Welcome to the race
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #258 on: August 08, 2014, 10:27:29 PM »

Good to see you run again.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #259 on: August 09, 2014, 07:55:35 PM »

Thank you to people leaving a message welcoming me to the race. The nation must be excited I joined the race. The silent majority at home must be doing the wave right now.

I will try to attend the debate but my focus is on my campaign/travel and my handlers are scared I will deviate from the campaign strategy of avoiding controversy and being wishy washy to appeal to a greater number of voters. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #260 on: August 09, 2014, 08:12:56 PM »

I'm in Littleton, New Hampshire in my home region of the Northeast. This region has the most voters registered as Independents. I want to appeal mostly to Independents and marginal party members. I think it's important to have someone not in big parties in the Senate that can be there to defend our interest.

For example, there was a discussion on using a system of party list for some election. I'm afraid that would not be good for candidates outside the major parties. Some people questioned the party list and I thank them but we have to rely on some people in big parties to think about the impact on us.     

Independent and marginal party candidate could have been put all in the same list, even if we can vary greatly in opinions. We could all have been put in the same box.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2014, 09:10:21 PM »

For the presentation of my campaign logo I'm at Disneyland (Anaheim, California) in the Pacific region.

The theme is For the little people. Little people can be anyone, ordinary citizens but I was thinking on people not in big political parties or less politicized citizens who are not necessarily looking for big political debates. That is why I want to propose a few little concrete policies that have a chance to pass in the Senate. Try to find policies that can get the agreement of a vast majority.

To represent the little people I have chosen an image of the seven dwarfs. I have put pictograms at the top. It looks like a superhero flying. This represents Poirot (maybe a slimmer version) coming to the rescue of citizens by being in the Senate.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #262 on: August 11, 2014, 09:54:14 PM »

Today, I'm in Chicago in the Mideast region, more precisely in Little Village neighborhood. It is like Mexico of the Midwest.

My topic is the International Youth Exchange Program. I would like the federal government to make available to regions funds dedicated to youth to give an international experience. This will give our youth a chance to live new experiences, learn about foreign culture, develop international friendship and hopefully a better understanding of the world.

There is not much restrictions for regions to get the money. The age group target should be high schoolers. Regions can decide of the country/countries as long as the destination is considered safe to travel by the Department of External Affairs. Regions can choose a domain of interest for the exhange (like sports or arts or language) if they wish. Regions can probably choose more than one country and more than one interest, it's up to them to design their  exchange program.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2014, 07:29:10 PM »

Are you hungry? It's time to announce the official food of this campaign. It is pizza!

Pizza will be provided by Little Caesars. That is why I'm still in the Mideast, in Garden City Michigan, the location of the first Little Caesars restaurant. All volunteers and visitors can grab a pice of pizza. Bon appétit mes amis.   

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2014, 07:36:37 PM »

I've read a Senate directive from the new Senate PPT. It is about reducing Senators salary.

I didn't even know how much Senators were paid. All the work I have done in Atlasia has been volunteer. I will continue to volunteer for the well being of the citizens. That is my motivation, not have a salary. Therefore, I will not touch a salary for being a Senator if I am elected.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #265 on: August 14, 2014, 07:23:36 PM »

I'm back in the Northeast to campaign, at the Ezra Prentice Apartments in Albany, NY. The topic today is rail transport safety.

People living here have a rail track a few feet from their homes. They have oil train tankers in their backyard. They fear what would happen if there was a train accident. With more oil being transported by train, it is time to increase safety rules.

I would propose to the Senate more strict security measures for flammable products transport.
The DOT-111 model tank cars will have to be off the rails within two years. Railway companies will have to use tank cars more robust and solid.
Trains carrying flammable products will have to slow down at a maximum speed of 40 miles per hour in towns.
Railway comoanies will have to inform municipalities if they are on a route used to carry products that can explose or catch fire so they can prepare emergency plans.
Regions can ask the railways to not use some tracks in heavily populated area if there is another alternative track that can be used without too much inconvenience to the railway companies.

It is important we take action before a deadly accident happen. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #266 on: August 15, 2014, 09:27:22 PM »

I'm in Dallas Texas (IDS) tonight, at the AT&T Performing Arts Center. I will be attending a performance of Les Misérables.

Before going in I have a press conference to present my official campaign song. It is Little People by Gavroche.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1JbsKCdOw8

I hope the little citizens of Atlasia see they can fight to be haerd and have power.
The election is in one week and until then I want my small campaign team to be motivated by these lyrics:
And we'll fight like twenty armies and we won't give up. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #267 on: August 16, 2014, 09:33:36 PM »

I'm in Punta Gorda Florida (IDS region). I met a seniors group and played a little game of cards with them.

Some of them are not familiar with all the new technologies used nowadays. That is a problem for them when companies and government ask people more and more to use new ways to interact with them.

I don't want these little old people to become dependant on others for help to complete forms over the internet or have problems receiving paper invoice because a company wants to save money.

I am proposing that governements dealing with citizens and companies dealing with customers offer at least one traditional way (like paper or phone) to interact with them. People won't be forced to use new technologies; they will be autonomous if they only can use traditional mediums. Someone choosing an old fashioned way can't be required to pay a supplementary fee.     
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #268 on: August 17, 2014, 11:19:06 AM »

I'm spending all of this day campaigning in the Midwest region. My first stop is Walnut Grove, Joy (Minnesota). It is the location of the tv series Little House on the Prairie.

I'm here to support a proposal to lift the time restriction of moving betwwen regions in the case of a region being underpopulated compared to the others and need an influx of citizens. That should make it easier for settlers to move to new territories.

We face a demographics issue because there is a lack of women. People need to procreate otherwise the population size will shrink. Maybe if we make weddings free more women will be interested...   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #269 on: August 17, 2014, 02:07:10 PM »

I'm continuing my day in the Midwest in the state of Vitality (South Dakota). This is where Mount Rushmore is located.

There is a trend to name locations, make sculptures or paintings of players (usually past officeholders). I will not participate in this by gloryfying some citizens over others. Choosing to honor some people is tricky because it is subjective. Some people will judge a player is worth of the honor, others won't. Some choices could be controversial. This could get personal and I prefer to avoid that. Let's value everyone's contribution to Atlasia instead of selecting some.   

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #270 on: August 17, 2014, 09:18:43 PM »

My last stop in for my Midwest day. It is on a ranch in Buffalo, Amity (Wyoming).

Being around horses made me think of My little pony. And for My little pony, friendship is magic. There is no better place than Amity to reflect on friendship.

If I am elected to the Senate I should try to treat others Senators as friends. That means if I don't agree with them I should try and say it in a respectful manner. I should try to work with others for the common good of Atlasia. Since friendship is magic maybe if we are all friends we can solve all of Atlasia problems. Hate and conflict is not a good environment to accomplish positive things. If people get angry and frustrated they might leave the game. So even if we don't have the same opinions, let's try to be friends.

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2014, 09:27:17 PM »

I can't give a preference to anyone that uses "pony imagery"
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2014, 09:38:24 PM »

vom
GAworth
United States

« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2014, 11:09:20 PM »

My last stop in for my Midwest day. It is on a ranch in Buffalo, Amity (Wyoming).

Being around horses made me think of My little pony. And for My little pony, friendship is magic. There is no better place than Amity to reflect on friendship.

If I am elected to the Senate I should try to treat others Senators as friends. That means if I don't agree with them I should try and say it in a respectful manner. I should try to work with others for the common good of Atlasia. Since friendship is magic maybe if we are all friends we can solve all of Atlasia problems. Hate and conflict is not a good environment to accomplish positive things. If people get angry and frustrated they might leave the game. So even if we don't have the same opinions, let's try to be friends.

And this is when I had to reevaluate my preferences.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2014, 05:43:50 PM »

Really? A post about trying to work well with others is hurting my voting intentions? Next time I'll promise to be mean. I can start right now. I try to be welcoming to visitors in my campaign office but if people come to give negative comments they don't get the free food which for this campaign is pizza.

I guess people didn't listen to Gavroche's Little people:
so never kick a dog because it's just a pup
you'd better run for cover when the pup grows up
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies