Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:59:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54440 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: October 03, 2014, 09:01:51 PM »

I'm at the University of Georgia School of Public and International Affairs in Athens, Georgia, IDS to give a speech on foreign policy.

The President still has influence over foreign policy in the Hands Off approach. It's not like domestic policy that can be more easily delegated to the Senate. Some decisions must be made more quickly than after a three-week debate. The Hands Off philosophy for foreign policy will mean the country will not seek to intervene in conflicts and war around the globe. When the country intervenes with military forces it will be because we have no choice, when we are attacked or vital interests are at stake. We will prefer diplomacy to military action. We need to avoid getting dragged in other places conflicts.

When military intervention is required we will do with our allies in NATO or in working with UN. And wwe will not do all the work. Other countries need to pull their weight and not rely on Atlasia. Over the past years our governement has chosen to spend a lot on the well-being of its citizens so we can't afford to spend huge money on military.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #301 on: October 03, 2014, 09:45:16 PM »

Where do you stand on the ongoing Atlasian Civil War.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #302 on: October 04, 2014, 09:10:09 AM »

Where do you stand on the ongoing Atlasian Civil War.

I don't know why people started to panic after the Presiden't resignation. There is a clear successor and it is the Vice-President. People should just give him time to settle in the office. I don't consider the different factions trying to stir trouble major threats.

I think the image would be too large so I just post a link to it for my campaign: Keep calm and Hands off

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-hands-off-2.png
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #303 on: October 04, 2014, 08:01:10 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2014, 08:47:12 PM by Poirot »

Tonight I'm in the Northeast, more precisely in Nashua, New Hamphire.

Many have complained there are not too many offices to fill at the regional level. In forming a Cabinet I will try to keep citizens in the regions and not bring a bunch in Nyman. I will try to have the minimum legal amount of people in Cabinet. I want to achieve this by getting Senators to also hold Cabinet positions when the Constitution allows it. There seems to be many Cabinet members who don't complete their mandate, resign or become inactive in their role so it becomes a waste of manpower resources to deplete regions in bringing them to Nyman. I will not have a bloated Nyman with famelic regions.

Sometimes a President has to make an appointment to the Supreme Court. If this occurs there are some criteria I will consider in making a choice. Past work as a regional judge or attorney general (in other words legal experience) would prove the ability to do the judge. The person should be able to be neutral. For neutrality I would prefer someone who has not been very partisan in the period before the nomination and someone that will be low key after the nomination in being partisan in politis debate. The person has the right to express opinions in public but be careful on the partisan politics. Finally another attribute I will look for is longevity and availability, meaning someone who will not resign after a short time because he wants to quit the game or is bored because there are not a lot of court cases to hear but because there is no schedule for when a court case will arise the candidate will need to be available on short notice.

People now can wear a tag from my campaign promotional material.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #304 on: October 06, 2014, 10:24:18 PM »

I arrived in Durham, North Carolina in the IDS.

International industrial espionage is the topic of my event in the Research Triangle area. My administration would put effort in chasing spies who steal commercial and industrial secrets from Atlasian based companies. We must protect our national inventions, know-how, intellectual property, things that gives our companies and economy a competitive advantage. People in other countries envy us and would like to take the easy route in copying us instead of putting their own effort to develop things. My administration will do what it can to help industries such as aerospace, military, computer, hi tech, biotechnology, automotive. I will not let other countries compete us by stealing our people's findings and discoveries. I say to the corporate spies: Hands off our secrets!     

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #305 on: October 09, 2014, 02:05:02 PM »

Press conference in Norfolk, Virginia in the Mideast region.

I'm here to announce the vice-presidential candidate for my ticket. It is someone who is well respected not only here in his home region but all over Atlasia. It is with great honor that I present you shua.

Shua brings a lot of experience and credibility to this ticket. Over the years he has hold many roles such as Assemblyman, Senator and GM. He knows the game and is very qualified to be Vice-President and President of the Senate, being familiar with the Senate workings.

The Hands Off campaign is very proud to have shua put his hands in this campaign. If you want to say a few words. Applause for shua.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #306 on: October 09, 2014, 03:29:29 PM »

Endorsed!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #307 on: October 09, 2014, 04:50:09 PM »

Was your speech in Nashua interesting, given that most of the city was in ruins after the fighting there?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #308 on: October 09, 2014, 05:21:39 PM »

Best of luck to you and Shua. You probably have as much chance of winning as Antonio and I do, anyway. Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #309 on: October 09, 2014, 05:25:27 PM »

Good luck on the campaign trail!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #310 on: October 09, 2014, 06:48:02 PM »

Thank you!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #311 on: October 09, 2014, 06:54:01 PM »

Was your speech in Nashua interesting, given that most of the city was in ruins after the fighting there?

I did a speech in Nashua. Before going to that location I looked at a map (published by SOIA I think) and chose to go near the Atlantic coast because it looked like a safe place. If there was a mention of events in Nashua before Oct. 4th, sorry I didn't take it into account. It wouldn't be the first time I hold an event with an empty crowd.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #312 on: October 09, 2014, 06:55:33 PM »

I wish Marokai and Lumine good campaigns too.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #313 on: October 09, 2014, 09:58:12 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2014, 10:17:21 PM by shua »

Hello Norfolk!  It really is an honor to be here tonight in my wonderful city on this occasion.  I would like to thank Poirot for this opportunity to join him in this campaign.  Poirot has long been an advocate for a more open and effective democracy, and I believe he is the candidate for our time. Recently we have seen much tumult coming out of power struggles. We have also seen citizens restless with the current state of affairs, citizens seeking new avenues to protect their freedom and provide for their needs and for their voice to be heard. To those citizens I say "Join us!" We seek not to curb you, but to empower you to express your thoughts and dreams and ideals in whatever peaceful manner you may choose. We will no longer consolidate power in Nyman, but we will open up decisions to greater engagement at every level.  I look forward to this campaign wherever it may lead and I hope we can count on your support!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #314 on: October 10, 2014, 11:54:20 AM »

What does hands off mean? The opposite of my presidency?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #315 on: October 10, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »

What does hands off mean? The opposite of my presidency?

I have tried to explain Hands Off in my campaign posts above and been to two party conventions to present it.

I think your presidency had a Hands Off period. If I remember you were busy studying for some time and were not very present. Maybe it was an involuntary Hands Off. I will be present.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #316 on: October 10, 2014, 06:57:43 PM »

I'm in Oklahoma City, Bluster in the Midwest for today's campaign stop.

I've laid out how I would keep my hands off some things and it means I will have time to have my hands on some others on the fantasy elections board.

I would like to have a Help Desk thread. This will serve to ask questions in public and anyone knowing the answer is invited to reply. All kinds of questions. It could be a citizen wanting to know what is the legal drinking age in the country, or the name of a health bill passed last year because the citizen has trouble finding it on the wiki.

In my Presidential thread I will do some public notices. I want to advertise when a new bill in the Senate comes up for debate so if the topic looks interesting a citizen can go look at the Senate thread. I would like to post reminder of upcoming national and regional elections so citizens are not caught by surprise and have time to declare before the deadline and campaign.  I will do this if there is no newspaper doing it since I don't want to steal journalists jobs.

I will also look at the possibility of moving the Senate protest thread to the fantasy elections board to be more accessible in case less citizens venture onto the government board.

When a federal amendment is voted by the Senate I want a thread on the fantasy board that will explain the changes proposed. That will be done by someone who supported it in the Senate. If someone who opposes it want to speak to explain his reasons he will be able to do so and citizens will be able to ask questions for clarifications and worries they might have. After a short period depending if there are reactions and debates the voting booths will open.

These unexpensive measures are to facilitate the public's participation and engagement.     
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #317 on: October 13, 2014, 02:20:29 PM »

I made a speech at the TPP party convention earlier and I also did this one at the Democratic Republican party convention trying to convince them to endorse my ticket.

The main philosophy is the autonomy of the centers of decisions that are the regions and the senate.

I want to avoid the regions to always have to submit to Nyman. That means if the regions decide to make a law, Nyman doesn't suddenly wake up and decides it doesn't like it, it's not good and want to make a federal law that void the regional law. I call this empowering the regions so the assemblies have their full purpose.

Besides regional autonomy, under my term I propose Senate autonomy. I have decided to let the Senate legislate. It usually has enough bills in the queue to be busy. My involvement in the legislative process is more an ordinary citizen giving its opinion. I will let the Senate pass the laws except in very few cases.

I hope in giving this kind of autonomy to centre of decisions, the office holders in them will get more satisfaction and not be unhappy that another body tries to undo what they have agreed to and adopted as law. I want to avoid fights and gridlock and the game to be more enjoyable.

Another Hands Off philosophy concerns international relations. My administration will be very prudent in involving the country in foreign conflicts. I am not planning to intervene in other countries affairs unless there is blatant harm to our country.

I believe in Hands Off players. Players should have political freedom and freedom of expression. I'm not a fan of banning or silencing players. We don't need to lose more players. We need more people to be active and try to accept who they are. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #318 on: October 13, 2014, 02:40:17 PM »

I'm visiting South Bend, Indiana in the Mideast with shua. (He's popular in the Mideast and I'm trying to benefit from his popularity)

We are unveiling the campaign sign. You can see that the Hands Off slogan is on it. The dominant color is blue. I found the symbolic of the color blue.

"This color is one of trust, honesty and loyalty. It is sincere, reserved and quiet, and doesn't like to make a fuss or draw attention. It hates confrontation, and likes to do things in its own way."

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #319 on: October 14, 2014, 04:22:36 PM »

A presidential ticket is composed of two people so why not have two banners! This one was made by renowned bannerist homelycooking. The campaign wishes to thank him for his work.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2014, 09:08:12 PM »

The campaign is back in the Northeast in Allentown Pennsylvania.

My them today is increasing transparency. If I'm in the President's office I will encourage citizens and officeholders to communicate with me via my public office. I will try to do the same thing if it's not a private matter or something that shouldn't be public.

I hope by leading by example others will discuss matters in public. Like Senators can discuss a bill in publicrealted to policy doesn't need to be done outside the forum board. They don't need to consult in secret in the corridors of the Senate or behind curtains.

In being more transparent everyone will know what is going on and will have better access to information.  The message board will be more active and fun. It will be more difficult for occult forces to influence officeholders. No secret deals and more open democracy.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #321 on: October 19, 2014, 02:09:54 PM »

I have talked about the Hands Off theme of the campaign on many occasions. Today in Gulfport Mississippi in the IDS I will remind voters of the subtheme.

The subtheme of the campaign is satisfaction. The Hands off philosophy is a way to increase satisfaction for the numerous officeholders in doing their job. In letting other centers of decisions have more autonomy it will give office holders a sense they can really make a difference and have a voice because another branch of government will not be waiting to destroy their work or engage in bitter power struggle. It should also favor local democracy. I want happy and satisfied officeholders who find it fun to come to the office every day to participate in building the nation.

The Hands off the world philosophy will lead to more harmonious international relations and a higher level of satisfaction among the citizens of the world. Finally with the Hands off people principle, every citizens will be more satisfied because of freedom to express opinion and acceptance of differences.     

The campaign song is Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggSswQx7Enk
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #322 on: October 20, 2014, 09:16:47 PM »

I'm in Saratoga Springs, New York in the Northeast. The theme during this campaign stop is Hands Off peoole.

Hands Off people mean I believe in an Atlasia that is inclusive. I want a country in which citizens feel their voice can be heard. I want a country that gives a chance to every citizen to make a contribution. I want a country that respects diversity of opinion and freedom of speech.

I won't be for ganging up on someone or trying to silence and exclude someone. We need everyone to participate and accept their input. If more people participate it will be more fun and we will be more happy.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #323 on: October 21, 2014, 10:31:48 PM »

I'm in Racine, Wisconsin in the Mideast to give a preview of Operation Hands Off.

Operation Hands Off will take place October 24,25 and 26. Yes that is election weekend. It will be the time for all Atlasians to go vote and indicate their support for the Poirot / shua presidential ticket. Please, help us get elected and join us in Operation Hands Off. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #324 on: October 23, 2014, 01:51:56 PM »

I am in the most serene republic of the Midwest for my final event before the vote begins. I started my campaign in the same region. I'm in Kansas City in the state of Harmony (Kansas).

It is almost time for Atlasians to choose a new leader. I will recap a few reasons why people should choose the Poirot/shua ticket.

It is symbolic that I am in Harmony. My ticket is the best one for the country to return to harmony. I am a registered Independent and not been involved in the power struggles of the two big sides. My running mate is a highly qualified candidate.

My proposals will lead to a more effective democracy and empower citizens. I will let the Senate and the regions have more autonomy. Power will not be concentrated in the hands of a few people in Nyman, it will be more decentralise.

I want to see greater engagement and satisfaction at every level. I will spend less time in a tug of war with the Senate to focus more time on the fantasy elections board to keep citizens informed on what is going on in government and give them a chance to have a say. I will also push for more transparency and avoid discussions behind closed doors so everyone know what is going on. Finally I will do my best that people with different opinions are respected and that everyone who wants to contribute to Atlasia gets a chance to do so.     

This weekend don't hesitate to vote for the Hands Off campaign. Vote for the Poirot/shua ticket!

Thank you all for your attention

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies