Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:19:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54490 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: March 11, 2015, 03:18:58 PM »

I'm in Minneapolis, in the state of Joy (Minnesota) in the Midwest region. It is time for the presentation of my official campaign food. I wanted something that can roll to go with the rock image of my banner. I chose swedish meatballs because it is round and it is filling.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #401 on: March 12, 2015, 08:02:25 AM »

I'm holding a morning event in Miami Beach Florida in the South. I'm at a gym to talk about my commitment to activity. Activity is important for the health of the game. There is sometimes criticism about the activity level of officeholders. There will not be activity problems with me. I will not only vote when it's time to vote, I will participate in Senate discussions and debates. If you look at the past, I was active when I was a representative and I try to keep my campaign active. I'm fit to be a Senator.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #402 on: March 12, 2015, 10:23:32 PM »

I'm ending my campaign in Oil City, Pennsylvania in my region of the Northeast. Why Oil City? Because my priority if elected will be to increase safety measures for train tank cars carrying oil. There have been many accidents lately and we need to do something.

During the campaign I have travelled to the five regions. I have tried to show my activity by having an active campaign and participating in the official debate. Now it is almost time for you, the voters to make a decision. I ask for your vote, to represent you as At-large Senator. 

Thank you kindly.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #403 on: March 13, 2015, 10:22:03 PM »

There are still two days left to vote. I ask my supporters to not forget to take some time to go to the voting booth this weekend. See you at the polling station.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #404 on: March 16, 2015, 12:12:25 AM »

Congratulations on the great campaign you ran. You're slowly wearing people down, and you'll likely be President by next year or so at this rate! Cheesy
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #405 on: March 16, 2015, 12:21:56 AM »

I'm still expecting the moment when you win a non-Assembly election. That won't be today, but keep on trying and you'll certainly get your big chance Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #406 on: March 16, 2015, 12:27:07 AM »

It had been my hope to get to serve with you in the Senate at least once. Hopefully, one day we will both be in the chamber together. Smiley
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #407 on: March 16, 2015, 07:15:57 PM »

Congratulations on the great campaign you ran. You're slowly wearing people down, and you'll likely be President by next year or so at this rate! Cheesy

Maybe it's not very enjoyable to be President so if nobody wants the job I think I will have a chance.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #408 on: March 16, 2015, 07:17:40 PM »

I'm still expecting the moment when you win a non-Assembly election. That won't be today, but keep on trying and you'll certainly get your big chance Smiley

It's possible I will try again.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #409 on: March 16, 2015, 07:22:58 PM »

It had been my hope to get to serve with you in the Senate at least once. Hopefully, one day we will both be in the chamber together. Smiley

I think you will need to wait multiple mandates before it happens. Wink
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #410 on: March 16, 2015, 07:52:33 PM »

The results of the March 2015 special Senate At-Large elections have been certified and I received the fourth highest number of votes. I reached double digits. I think this is a good result. I am satisfied. I feared I would get many fewer votes. I consulted a poll that lead me to believe I could even have spare fingers counting votes with one hand. I was happy to see the votes I received. I'm sending a warm thank you to all the people who voted for me. I'm also happy to have received many second preference votes.

I congratulate Adam Griffin for earning the right to represent the people in the Senate. I wish to thank the other candidates, Foucaulf, DKrol, JCL for their involvement in this race over the last few weeks. I salute all the candidates work in exposing their ideas, trying to earn the votes of citizens and trying to get voters to the polls. Running a national campaign requires a lot of work, time and dedication. It's not always easy because when you run you expose yourself to criticism. Good candidates are a key ingredient to having an interesting and competitive election and I am glad to have shared the experience with you.

Thank you kindly.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #411 on: March 16, 2015, 08:48:29 PM »

You are an outlaw in direct contravention to executive order and will be re-detained and appropriately charged upon re-entry into the Pacific Region.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #412 on: March 17, 2015, 12:13:26 PM »

You are an outlaw in direct contravention to executive order and will be re-detained and appropriately charged upon re-entry into the Pacific Region.

What executive order is he in "contempt"of?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #413 on: March 17, 2015, 12:39:19 PM »

You must vacate the region within 24 hours or you will be detained on executive order.

Is this even legal?
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #414 on: March 17, 2015, 03:24:38 PM »

You must vacate the region within 24 hours or you will be detained on executive order.

Is this even legal?
Yes, as it was a matter of public safety
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #415 on: March 17, 2015, 07:51:55 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2015, 08:03:52 PM by Senator JCL and the geologist »

What SimFan, you're denying him lawful entrance to your region over imaginary ponys.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #416 on: March 17, 2015, 07:59:13 PM »

It was the time I used a pony image in a campaign event held in the Midwest. It looks like I'm still an outlaw in the wild wild west. That doesn't stop me from visiting the Pacific. I can use a disguise such as wearing a moustache and a hat. Here I was along the Pacific ocean. 

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #417 on: March 18, 2015, 01:06:10 PM »

You show em Poirot Cheesy
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #418 on: April 01, 2015, 10:28:54 PM »

I'm in Montreal to make an announcement.

It is with excitement that I declare my candidacy for the April Senate At-Large election. I look forward to this campaign. At-large elections are the most fun. I will try to give a good performance and wait for the result of the elections game.

Citius, Altius, Fortius.   
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #419 on: April 01, 2015, 11:26:39 PM »

I'm in Montreal to make an announcement.

It is with excitement that I declare my candidacy for the April Senate At-Large election. I look forward to this campaign. At-large elections are the most fun. I will try to give a good performance and wait for the result of the elections game.

Citius, Altius, Fortius.   

...And the adventure begins again
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #420 on: April 03, 2015, 06:51:52 PM »

My first campaign travel in this adventure is Vancouver in British Columbia. The issue today is communication.

When a Senator is elected I think it's important to have some public communication with his constituents. I don't want to be seen as one of those politicians who goes away to Nyman and not heard from after that until he needs your vote. I plan on updating my office thread on how I voted on various bills and giving a short explanation. I want to also update to give my opinion on bills after I make an important intervention in the bill's legislative thread in case people don't read those threads. That should help my constituents to know what is going on in the Senate.

I would also like to improve communication between the Senate and the public when there is a constitutional amendment. The amendment should be explained and there should be a chance for voters to ask questions and debate before voting booths are opened.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #421 on: April 04, 2015, 09:06:42 PM »

I am visiting Calgary in Alberta. The citizens of the Northeast have been lucky to benefit from No Tax accounts for two years now. I am proposing to implement these types of savings and investment accounts for federal tax income.

To give more detail, here is the Northeast No Tax Accounts act:
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Northeast_No_Tax_Accounts_Act

Every year adults can put money in this account type and income generated by the investment in the account (Interest, dividend or capital gain) is tax free. This is an incentive for people to save money in this type of account because the holder gets all the income from his savings.

The maximum amount that can be put in the account is kept low (like $2,500) because it's for average citizens and not only the rich.

The federal taxation would recognize the same type of tax free saving and investment accounts created by regions for tax purposes (the same account is considered eligible by the region and federal governement).   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #422 on: April 05, 2015, 10:19:44 AM »

I'm in Lake Placid, New York for two things. The First is to designate onion rings the official foos of my campaign.

The second is to pledge to keep our sports infrastructure in Lake Placid modern and in good shape so amateur athletes can come train here in the best facilities and the town can attract national and international sporting events like world championships (for winter sports).  
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #423 on: April 05, 2015, 10:09:43 PM »

I'm in Rome in New York State.
In my opinion it is illogic that a President could pardon himself. I don't know if there are different interpretations of the constitution on this fact but if there are I support adding a specification that it is not allowed. Civilization has evolved over time and we are not anymore in an era in which a supreme ruler has unlimited power.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #424 on: April 06, 2015, 10:26:38 AM »

Visiting Athens in Georgia to make my proposal for creating Atlasia Games.

This idea comes from the main board. There were threads asking people to vote for their favority city for national olympic bid or olympic games host. The Atlasia games are for the five regions of Atlasia (five delegations) but we won't hold actula events unless there are enough people from each region interested in palying one online game or something like that). It is to go through the process of selecting a host city. The different phases can be done during lower activity time, away from elections time.

The first step is each interested region needs to choose their host city bid. The region decides how it's done. It can be a public vote after the public's submissions, the Governor or assembly making the decision. You can choose an animal mascot or design a flag.

Then from the different regional bids the country will select one. This can be done by public vote (or if this seems unfair for smaller regions it could be done by committee). Regional bids try to be chosen using creativity, by an original aspect, a motto, promising an original event (the Games are not automatically about sports, it could be board games or cultural events) etc.

The cycle for the Games is once a year and ideally there is a rotation of regions so it's not always the same one hosting. The idea is creating activity with the process of selecting a site location and not having actual events.   
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies