Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:59:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54435 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2012, 12:08:04 AM »

This evening I'm in Nashua New Hampshire. I've stated in the past that I find the minimum wage at a high level. This could have effects like small businesses cutting working hours of workers to maintain profitability, Higher wage costs could also incite companies to go overseas.

Our region should be an attractive place to invest and the government has a role in creating a good economic environment. I am in favor of a freeze of the minimum wage since it is already at a high level.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2012, 08:30:20 PM »

I applaud efforts of our regional elected officials to get federal relief funds following the hurricane. People in affected areas can count on me if elected to join them in putting pressure and making sure money is not tied up in bureaucracy.

I'm in New York City to witness the situation (and take great pictures showing a caring politician). This city and the area needs to rebuild which leads me to talk about infrastructure. There is a great need for infrastructure: repair bridges, invest in public transit, have modern schools, etc. This take a lot of money. In the budget there is money set aside for the relocation of the capital. I am against relocating the capital. Let's keep it in New York City. We should instead use this money to fix our crumbling infrastructure and help hurricane damaged areas.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2012, 12:21:20 AM »

The campaign is having a party night in Atlantic City NJ. All are invited. On stage Shalamar will perform Second time around. It is my campaign theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrFBsQZNL0c

I chose this because it is my second time around running for Northeast assembly and the singer has a moustache (a distinctive thing in my advertising).

the second time is so much better, baby
and I'll make it better than the first time

People can learn the choregraphy steps and join in dancing. Since the campaign is in its final days, instead of fundraising for the political campaign, guests are invited to make donations to the Movember charity.
http://us.movember.com/

We will be distributing badges and pins with this.

I don't have the rights to this design, but I do for my campaign logo and people are invited to use and post it to support my campaign.

Vote for the Mo, Vote Poirot!   
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2012, 04:17:02 PM »

Your enthusiasm and thoroughness are admirable, Poriot. If you are to be elected I am sure you would provide a new and insightful viewpoint to the Assembly. It is for that reason you have my endorsement.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2012, 07:32:40 PM »

Thank you for your endorsement Senator Simfan. I hope this gives some mo to my Mo campaign so close to voting day.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2012, 12:12:29 AM »

I have noticed the Mideast region could increase its sales tax if the proposed budget is adopted.
Our sales tax would be lower. Perhaps some mideasteners would be interested in paying less tax and saving money. I propose to help our retailers and local chambers of commerce that want to lure customers from out of region (people living near our border and not a great effort to them to shop in our region) by coordinating and paying a share of promotional efforts.

This is a small expense since it will be very local. I make this proposal in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This state has practically all of our border with the mideast.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2012, 08:13:04 PM »

It's from Wilmington in Delaware that I end my campaign. I encourage everyone in the Northeast to go vote during the voting period.

Thank you kindly to everyone who followed my campaign activities.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2012, 01:11:17 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. Assemblyman!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2012, 01:37:43 AM »

Congratulations, Representative Poirot.  I look forward to working with you in the Assembly. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2012, 01:48:01 AM »

Congratulations. I'm glad to have played a part in your victory.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2012, 02:00:20 AM »

Congratulations! Cheesy
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2012, 04:49:58 PM »

Thank you to people who have left congratulations messages and to the people of the Northeast for electing me. I didn't think I could get that many votes. I hope I can live up to expectations in working in the assembly. I'm nervous so I'm afraid of stuttering.

I want to congratulate snowball and sirnick for their campaign and contributing to this special election. Having three candidates run in a special election is a sign of a healthy democracy in our region. You are good citizens interested in public affairs.

It was an exhaustive and enriching campaign; I have visited every state and met some of you. November was an ideal month for me, being Movember. With your vote you have proved that facial hair is not a liability in elections.

Thank you kindly.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2012, 07:59:38 PM »

Office of Northeast Representative Poirot

Welcome to my office.

I've been busy setting it up, trying to find my way in the Assembly and following a legislation 101 seminar. Quite a life change but exhilarating.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2012, 10:42:33 PM »

Belated congratulations, by the way. Here's to a fun game! Grin
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2012, 09:05:29 PM »

It's time for an update. I will tell you how I voted on the bills presented to the Assembly.

I supported the Smarter Spending Act and the Northeast Independence Act. The latter is asking for the creation of a sub-board for the Northeast region.

I voted for the proposed Rainy Day Fund Act but it failed. I voted for it because I thought it would be more binding to set rules for the emergency fund in a separate Act. The contribution was based on the revenues so the amount is more secure and permanent. The way it is now, we put money in the emergency fund when making the budget and it is based on the surplus. If there is no surplus there could be no money set aside in the emergency fund. There is a risk at each budget drawing time that the emergency fund is forgotten or eliminated.

I voted for an Amendment to the SOAP. It was to extend budget debate time. In case you don't know, soap is not for washing. Politics is not that clean. It stands for Standing Order on Assembly Procedure.

I supported the wiki resolution. It was sent to the Senate on the topic of the wiki lacking updates. Finally, I voted for an amendment for the Vacancy Filling Act. I ensured there were a minimum of days during a special election.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2012, 11:18:58 AM »

I am very pleased to report that one of my proposal during my November campaign has become law. It aims to protect people from the noise of windfarms by requiring they are built at a certain distance from residential areas. I thank the Representatives and Governor for adopting this.

I also have taken action on another campaign proposal. During a meeting in Pennsylvania I talked about attracting Mideast citizens living near our border to come shop in our region following a rise in their sales tax rate. I created a logo and posted it in my signature for publicity and try to give a boost to our local businesses.

Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2012, 11:46:58 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2012, 11:03:36 PM by Snowball »

I am very pleased to report that one of my proposal during my November campaign has become law. It aims to protect people from the noise of windfarms by requiring they are built at a certain distance from residential areas. I thank the Representatives and Governor for adopting this.

I also have taken action on another campaign proposal. During a meeting in Pennsylvania I talked about attracting Mideast citizens living near our border to come shop in our region following a rise in their sales tax rate. I created a logo and posted it in my signature for publicity and try to give a boost to our local businesses.

So our idea as a region to help our economy is to steal consumers away from another region. I don't really feel this is what we want to promote, a every region for themselves kind of thing. Another possibility is raise taxes here.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2012, 12:23:42 PM »

So our idea as a region to help our economy is to steal consumers away from another, less prosperous region. I don't really feel this is what we want to promote, a every region for themselves kind of thing. Another possibility is raise taxes here.

Please back up that statement with facts. Our unemployment rate is lower than that of the Northeast Region and the lowest in all Atlasia.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2012, 12:44:57 PM »

Our employment has gone up a bit following the hurricane.

I should have put more context to my logo. During my campaign I said I would support effort by businesses near the border to attract Mideast shoppers and hopefully increase sales. That was at a time of a sales tax hike in the Mideast budget. It is aimed at those angry of paying more in sales tax and living near the border, it reminds them the sales tax in lower in the Northeast.

It is not a major economic development policy. It is just benefiting on short term anger of having to pay more tax. The difference in sales tax is not that big so it will probably have very low long term effect if the saving is minor. I was just using current events.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2012, 11:02:29 PM »

So our idea as a region to help our economy is to steal consumers away from another, less prosperous region. I don't really feel this is what we want to promote, a every region for themselves kind of thing. Another possibility is raise taxes here.

Please back up that statement with facts. Our unemployment rate is lower than that of the Northeast Region and the lowest in all Atlasia.
Sorry, I was thinking of something else at the time. Corrected
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2012, 11:06:14 PM »

Sorry, I was thinking of something else at the time. Corrected

Okay, I'm glad you clarified and recognized the mistake. We all make them. Smiley
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2012, 11:30:41 PM »

I have a new logo for the upcoming assembly election. The voting booth should open December 21st. The vote takes place the weekend before Christmas so my logo incorporates Holiday season's spirit.

The free food available at my office are exquisite Belgian chocolates.

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2012, 09:12:34 AM »

Damn you! Do I still get chocolate even if I don't explicitly endorse you?
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2012, 01:40:14 PM »

Bribery!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2012, 11:31:20 PM »

Yes, chocolate is freely available on the table near the door to all visitors. There is no commitment asked or paper to sign to get it. If you don't want to be seen near the office, you could send one of your aides.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies