Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:39:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54575 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2012, 01:44:34 PM »

Damn you! Do I still get chocolate even if I don't explicitly endorse you?

Yes, chocolate is freely available on the table near the door to all visitors. There is no commitment asked or paper to sign to get it. If you don't want to be seen near the office, you could send one of your aides.

Yay!

I took all the chocolate, by the way.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2012, 05:53:22 PM »

Since chocolates are a popular item and goes fast, we wish to inform visitors of a new chocolate policy. Each visitor is allowed a maximum of three chocolates. Thank you for your cooperation. 
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »

Since chocolates are a popular item and goes fast, we wish to inform visitors of a new chocolate policy. Each visitor is allowed a maximum of three chocolates. Thank you for your cooperation. 
too late XD
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2012, 09:14:32 PM »

I have a sort of inforercial on the airwaves. It is to remind people that yes we are during the pre-holiday season, busy with shopping and planning but it is also time to vote. Note that the video starts with December 21 which is the day voting booth opens. It subliminally means on December 21st don't forget to vote Poirot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuXD6f79YMg
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2013, 04:47:24 PM »

Two bills I have proposed have passed. They were campaign promises I had made in my November campaign.

The original form of my proposed Official Language Act met opposition. There was no desire to have an official language. The bill was reduced in scope to only be one aspect and became the official ballot language act.

I also proposed to make ice hockey the official winter sport of the region. At the suggestion of a citizen, we dropped winter and hockey became the official sport.

I have proposed the No Tax Account Act to encourage saving and let them enjoy the fruits of their savings. There is a limit of 2,500$ contribution per fiscal period. There is some reluctance in the assembly so it's not sure if it will pass or it could also be vetoed. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2013, 06:16:49 PM »

I wanted to address the capital relocation amendment of 2013 to change the constitution. Debate in the assembly was unexpectedly cut short.

It was said that I voted for the last budget and when I went to reply debate time had ended:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I have checked and I did not vote for the last budget (Nov-March). I was not sitting in the assembly at the time. I wanted to correct this fact. I don't see why it would matter since money set aside from the surplus is when and if the constitution is changed.

I voted against this bill. This plan looks extremely costly and money could be used to better the lives of the citizens like spending in education and social areas, infrastructure needing repairs. When there were proposals like electrifying railroads, we could not do it because we didn't have money. I don't feel capital relocation is a priority or a good move.

I dont mind Buffalo receiving aid to develop its economy but capital relocation is not the best solution. We could regionalize some services there or favor that city if new offices need to be build. In moving everything we will lose a lot of expertise from personnel. Trying to find private companies and help them locate in Buffalo would be aid less costly.

Buffalo is less easily accesible than New York City and on the limit of the Mideast. There is talk of possible annexation of Canada. If that happens the northeast will probably get the easternmost parts of Canada and Buffalo will be less accessible to even more people.

So we don't need to change the constitution to help Buffalo and the relocation plan is money not well spent. The capital is already well established in New York City, it's a transportaion hub and better located to a vast majprity of our citizens..
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2013, 06:27:47 PM »

I apologize for wrongly stating that you voted for the budget.  However, as Simfan said, the government could have made a lot of money just by selling the properties we have now in NYC.  The money we would get from selling off those assets (land, buildings, etc.) could be used to pay for the new capital, and the remainder could be taken from the surplus which, as has been previously stated, is expected to triple.

Also, I don't see why accessibility needs to be such of a concern, seeing as how Nyman is more easily accessible to people on the East coast than those on the West coast but no one makes a fuss over it.  We originally considered Hartford, CT to be the new capital location for its accessibility, but decided against it because it simply doesn't need new development as much as Buffalo does.

I offered to compromise with you on this, but you did not put anything on the table.  I am still inviting you to offer a better way or a better location to develop the new capital.

There will be plenty of time to talk about this, as the amendment will be considered again very soon...
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2013, 10:28:24 PM »

Also, Mr. Representative, will you run for reelection?

I have not made a decision about this.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2013, 11:28:34 PM »

It has been more than a week since the Northeast No Tax Accounts Act was passed in the assembly. The Governor didn't take action on this, so after a week of waiting it has becomes law.
Start saving so you can put money in your account when they start being offered to the public soon.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2013, 02:16:10 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2013, 02:20:18 PM by Governor Scott »

Yeah.  I pretty much "abstained" on the Northeast No Tax Accounts Act, so it is law now.

Poirot, I'm not sure if I can legally include your name on the Assembly ballot at this point...

EDIT: Nevermind, you made the deadline with two days to spare. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2013, 02:32:39 PM »

I like the banner!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2013, 07:22:43 PM »

Thank you. I would define it as love-ly. I like the cute dogs on your banner.

some human interest story to try and make emotional connection between the candidate and the voters:

We had a boxer dog when I was little. Sadly it died hit by a delivery truck on the street in from of the house. And no, before someone asks, we did not eat him. I am against dog eating.

Now excuse me, I have campaign(s) to run.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2013, 07:50:23 PM »

I have declared my candidacy for the Northeast assembly and also for the regional Senate seat. I know it is difficult to win as an independent candidate in the senate but it is worth a try. When I look at the census, the Northeast has the most independents. I need some "independent solidarity" and support from members of the different parties. The TPP party holds already many senate seats and I think it would be good to have a broader diversity in light of the growing dominance from one party.

My campaign(s) theme is based on love, hearts and things of that nature since it is Valentine's Day just before the election. It is a symbol of my love affair with the region. For campaign logo I am using this:

My campaign song is Love is in the air
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HswyA9tZD9I

I have not forgotten to court the growing latino population. I also have Love is in the air in Spanish!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnV_xLpp6Xo

The last promotional item is the official campaign food. It is Hershey's Kisses, because of kiss and there is a regional debate in Lancaster PA. My food can get quite popular with visitors to the office so I have to set a limit of six per visitor.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2013, 07:54:05 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2013, 08:35:11 PM by Tmthforu94 »

Very clever with Valentines Day right around the corner. Wink

Good luck! Endorsed in your quest for the Assembly!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »

Thank you. Don't forget to take your share of chocolate. Scott and Napoleon can also have up to six since they visited before I made that announcement.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2013, 08:09:41 PM »

Actually, I quietly stashed a few in my pocket when I visited your office earlier. Wink Very tasty - now all you need is some alcohol and we'll be set.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2013, 04:28:41 PM »

I'm sorry to be disappointing to you. You can still have Hershey's kisses.

The Griffgraph balance of power aristocracy watch shows by regions one party is overrepresented relative to population.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2013, 04:38:20 PM »

If I am elected to Senate I plan on introducing a bill to have a national No tax on savings plan based on the No tax accounts Act adopted in the Northeast. This will encourage citizens to save money and plan for future expenses. People will be allowed to put a couple thousand dollars per year into the plan. Since contributions are made with after tax dollars, withdrawals are tax free. Income generated inside the plan from the savings is tax free. Citizens work hard to earn money and will be able to benefit more from the income generated by their savings. The yearly contribution will be low enough so that big income earners can't put big sums in the plan.

The mechanisms of this type of account is based on the TFSA, to learn more how it works
http://www.tfsa.gc.ca/

There was an international deal on capital and liquidity requirements for financial institutions called Basel III to make them more resistent to shocks. Requirements have been watered down and institutions were given more time to comply probably because of the banks lobbying. I would like Atlasia to be a world leader in the world scene on this and try to return to the terms of the original accord.

(some explanation here)
http://www.standard.co.uk/business/markets/nick-goodway-no-wonder-the-banks-cheer--basel-iii-is-business-as-usual-8442480.html

Citizens can post on the Senate Protest and Analysis thread. I would like to try and make it a more inviting place to encourage participation. It starts by a more friendly name: the Senate Coffee shop. This reflects a place less formal where citizens can gather, comment on what is going on, debate, even meet the senators in a friendly environment. There will be a tv always turned on the politics channel.

It is difficult for regions to increase their revenues by increasing tax rates for the richer because the federal tax rates are already very high. I have heard comments on very high federal tax rates a few times. More money could be useful to regions, it could spur debate on choosing different projects in the regional assemblies. I propose a decrease in some federal income tax rate to leave room for regions to increase theirs and get more revenues. It would be for the different regions to decide if they tax to replace all the federal tax or not. The possible transfer of federal tax room to the regions would be done months before taking place so regions have time to decide on their tax structure during their budget debates and have a coordinate change between levels of government.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2013, 04:43:37 PM »

Maybe move the protest and analysis thread to the main board? I would support that.

Anyway, re: Nix's claim: he once claimed the Liberal Party held too many offices when he was a member of the party. Perhaps his own words dont apply to elections he runs in? It is getting hard for someone like me to taken and that doubletalk seriously. You have been an Independent voice and I don't always agree with you but you will have my vote.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2013, 07:02:30 PM »

Oakvale was never a Laborite. He was interim Chair of the Liberal Party.

No he was the Chair. I may have been interim Chair when he stepped down and before electing Scott but I don't remember how accurate that is. And Oakvale was more insistent on being centrist as opposed to center-left, compared to what I thought we should be. Truth.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2013, 10:37:01 PM »

On a regional issue, I support a promising energy project. It is the construction of a transmission line underwater and underground from lake Champlain to the New York area. It would bring 1,000 megawatts. Cleaner energy, diversity of supply, should help consumer rates.

Reference:
http://www.chpexpress.com/about.php

The cost estimate is $2.1 billion. I don't know what the future will be but if we move to public utilities to do this project, I would be willing to support financing this. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2013, 10:42:07 PM »

1,000 MW? That's nothing.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2013, 06:11:39 PM »

To give an idea, I have found the Arthur Kill Generating Station on Staten Island is 842 MW.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2013, 07:05:25 PM »

Some businesses are starting to charge extra for consumers who receive their monthly statements / bills by mail instead of using electronic statements by computers. I want consumers to have the choice between the two at no extra cost. Older people and poorer ones could have more trouble with electronic statements. Businesses are already saving money by the growing use of electronic communication. I will protect consumer's choice by forbidding charging extra to consumers to get monthly bill or statement on paper. 
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2013, 09:31:48 PM »

Some businesses are starting to charge extra for consumers who receive their monthly statements / bills by mail instead of using electronic statements by computers. I want consumers to have the choice between the two at no extra cost. Older people and poorer ones could have more trouble with electronic statements. Businesses are already saving money by the growing use of electronic communication. I will protect consumer's choice by forbidding charging extra to consumers to get monthly bill or statement on paper. 
I would first pass a law against cramming then against this, I mean it does cost more for a company to send bills through the mail, all this would do is tempt some businesses, especially actualsmall businesses to stop sending these things by mail altogether. Allowing charge but capping it and outlawing cramming (I just realized this is a good idea, I will write a law for this) is what I would do and will.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies