Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:45:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54505 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: October 24, 2014, 04:49:23 PM »

Operation Hands Off is under way. It is time to go vote for the Poirot/shua ticket. Be part of this grassroots movement.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #326 on: October 25, 2014, 03:46:03 PM »

Thank you to all those who gave us a first or second preference so far. Operation Hands off is showing good results so far. We are in third place and not that far from the leaders. There are still more than 24 hours to vote. It is not going to be easy but let's try to move in second place and be in the final round. 
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #327 on: October 25, 2014, 04:10:25 PM »

I'm very surprised how strong this ticket is performing, you're nearly knocking off Marokai in the second round.

This speaks volumes about how weak Labor has performed so far in this election, but I expect a surge in the last day for them, but it will be interesting to see if this strength holds up.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #328 on: October 27, 2014, 11:16:50 PM »

All the ballots have been counted and unfortunately our ticket did not come out victorious. We finished third and received a good number of votes. I think we can be proud of our result. Some people were even surprised at how well we did.

This result, I owe it to all the people who supported us, believed in us and came out to vote during election weekend in participating in Operation Hands Off. Thank you to the voters, members of a political party or Independent. Your votes are the reward for all the hard work, effort and time put into a campaign.  Thank you to the Democratic-Republican party for their endorsement and their support.

I'm satisfied I managed to develop a coherent theme with the Hands Off campaign. Now that it is over I can use my hands to give high five to all the supporters to show my appreciation.   

I am very grateful to shua. He accepted to be my running mate and made it possible to be an official ticket on the ballot because for a presidential ticket you need two people. I was able to realize a dream of seeing my name on a presidential ballot for an Atlasian election. Many people dream of this but not all will live it. I was able to live a new experience. Only the future can tell if it will ever happen again. Shua made it possible not only for me to appear on the ballot but he brought credibility and experience. I thank him for his patience in listening to me, his advice and his work.

I want to congratulate the other presidential tickets for their campaigns and Lumine/sjoyce for the victory.

Looking at the results I'm happy to see our strongest region was my home region of the Northeast. Love you Northeast! We were competitive with the big party tickets in this region. And the turnout was almost perfect. The second area where we got the biggest number of votes was the Mideast, home region of shua. 

It was a campaign full of emotions, with some highs and lows, but an enriching experience. In the end we can hold our head high. It's time to close this presidential Hands Off campaign.

Thank you all. Waves hand in the air.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #329 on: October 29, 2014, 08:53:02 PM »

I'd like to thank all those who came out to support us this past weekend.  I appreciate every single vote.  We knew it was a long shot going into this, and Lumine/SJoyce and Marokai/Antonio both ran strong, constructive campaigns. Congrats to Lumine and SJoyce, whom I have worked with them before and I am sure they will do a great job for our nation. Thanks also to Poirot, whom I enjoyed running with. He put forward some great ideas and I encourage those in office to take them up. I'm glad to have been given this opportunity to represent an alternative voice in this election. I wish you all the best.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #330 on: November 07, 2014, 10:43:20 PM »

Candidate for At-Large special election

Today a vacancy occured for one At-Large Senate seat and I officially declared my candidacy for the special election to fill that seat.

This election should be interesting because there are many candidates. It is interesting to be part of an at-large election because you have a national audience, there are more potential voters, it'a type of election that is usually competitive and less predictable. I've read comments in the past that are critical of at-large elections. I find them fun and I want to defend them if people try to eliminate them.   
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #331 on: November 07, 2014, 11:44:16 PM »

Do you support abolishing the GM?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #332 on: November 08, 2014, 04:35:30 PM »

My view of a GM is a neutral, low key position with the role of arbitrator. It was useful to have someone determine the cost of bills for example. Now that function seems very difficult to do and could be removed from the the GM roles because it's a very demanding task. There still remains a role of arbitrator if there is a disagreement like if a real life conflict also exists in Atlasia or not.

There can be also a role of introducing events in the game. From my personal preference, if I were an officeholder I would not like to be forced to react because the GM decided an issue was on the agends and it needed action right now. I believe more in a bottom up agenda setting. Candidates and parties propose issues, topics, laws, vision at election time and they try to implement policies when in office. I'm not a fan of external agenda setting in which one person bring issues and set the agenda. I guess I can accept if there are news and it gives politicians ideas for legislation but not require mandatory action. There were news last summer from the GM newspaper and I don't remember if officeholders were influenced by them.

Players don't need a GM do incorporate outside event. I remember when there was a hurricane, the Governor of the region acted on it, it was not the GM who told him there was a hurricane from what I remember.

We have operated months without a GM and if the role of cost estimate is impossible then from my preference of a GM role there is not much left so I wouldn't mind much if the position was abolished.

That is my personal view but I also want the game to prosper. If the vast majority of people want to be forced fed issues and topics to debate and be punished if they ignore them and they need an activist GM to do that I will them play with that. I won't impose my view of the game. Many people find the game boring so maybe that is what they want.

If there is no vast majority for activist GM or no GM we could always have regions in which the GM is more in charge of the game and other regions where he plays no role. I don't know what  the federal level would do.               
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #333 on: November 09, 2014, 04:09:43 PM »

It is time to proceed to the presentation of the campaign banner.

The image is a runner near the finish line. Like a runner I have perseverance. A runner is active and I will be active in participating in debates if I am in the Senate.

The image refers also to the special election. There are many people running but only one will finish first.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #334 on: November 10, 2014, 11:58:25 AM »

My official campaign music was chosen to go with the runner image of the banner. It is the theme music of the film Chariots of fire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-7Vu7cqB20
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #335 on: November 11, 2014, 04:44:29 PM »

Sometimes my faith declines. To keep my faith in the special election outcome I decided to visit a most spiritual place: the Papal Patch. I didn't know exactly where it is located but I found the place with a GPS and my nose guided by the air freshener scent.

I had the opportunity to have a private audience with the Pope. When I met him I kissed his feet and offered him an empty plastic bottle to help him expand the territory of Winfield island. The meeting helped my faith and gave me a boost for the rest of the campaign.     
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #336 on: November 11, 2014, 07:09:49 PM »

PAID FOR BY CITIZENS FOR GOOD GOVERNMENT
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #337 on: November 11, 2014, 09:08:16 PM »

I would like to thank Sibboleth for teaching me a new word. Google is useful when you try to find what is the accusation against you.

This made me think of two potential policies. We could lower the age of voting to 6 years old because Atlasia likes young people. We could create a regulatory body to supervise political advertising. It could reject ads that are misinformation, false, or defamatory.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #338 on: November 12, 2014, 04:53:29 PM »

For now, I am undecided, but you are making strong strides as a candidate.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #339 on: November 13, 2014, 10:08:33 AM »

For now, I am undecided, but you are making strong strides as a candidate.

Thanks. I need to make great strides to cross the finish line first.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #340 on: November 13, 2014, 09:17:38 PM »

There is an outside group running ads against me and since I don't have the time to investigate myself the reason behind it and who exactly decided to do this, I have hired someone to find out. It is a great friend of mine, Miss Marple.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #341 on: November 13, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »

We are near the finish line of the special Senate At-Large election. I've tried to take long strides but that might not be enough. I am facing headwinds and even spectators are trying to make me fall. I try do run my race and do my own thing but some like to try and disturb make it not enjoyable to run. I am asking for your help. I need your support. I need your vote to cross the finish line.

If you go to the voting booth this weekend, Vote Poirot!   
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #342 on: November 14, 2014, 09:05:12 AM »

Good luck!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #343 on: November 14, 2014, 12:53:10 PM »

I'm not sure it helps at this point, but you have my endorsement.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #344 on: November 14, 2014, 03:22:36 PM »

Good luck to you too.

I'm not sure it helps at this point, but you have my endorsement.

Thank you for your endorsement Maxwell.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #345 on: November 14, 2014, 05:12:31 PM »

Should you stumble at the finish line will you be catching a second wind in the forthcoming Senate special election should Cynic be confirmed as GM?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #346 on: November 14, 2014, 06:26:53 PM »

Should you stumble at the finish line will you be catching a second wind in the forthcoming Senate special election should Cynic be confirmed as GM?

I could stumble. I could have shoe laces problem. When I was in kindergarten I wasn't unable to lace my shoes and was left in the class while evryone went away do some activity. That childhood trauma has left me with a complex relationship with shoe laces.

If I fall I could hear the crowd encouraging me to get up and try again. I haven't made a decision on a possible special election. I don't know if it will be held on November 28th. The At-large regular election is scheduled for December 12th so the winner will still have to run again two weeks later. I have stamina so I could do both. I also have to decide if I run in December and if I should keep energy for that.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #347 on: November 17, 2014, 03:52:45 PM »

I want to congratulate Bacon King for winning the special Senate election. I congratulate Cris for coming so close to winning and SWE and rpryor for their campaign and good effort.

I didn't cross the finish line first. Obviously I am not in the best shape and need to work on cardio. I finished fourth. I still had a great result with 14 first preference votes and I think 19 second preference votes. Thank you all for your support. What is fantastic is I got these top two preferences from voters registered with 3 of the 4 big parties or not registered with the big parties.

Maybe you will see me running soon, you never know.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #348 on: November 17, 2014, 04:23:29 PM »

You ran a solid campaign and I hope you make it to the Senate at some point.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #349 on: November 17, 2014, 08:13:38 PM »

You ran a solid campaign and I hope you make it to the Senate at some point.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies