Poirot for Senate(s)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:05:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54355 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: April 06, 2015, 03:44:05 PM »

The presentation of my campaign banner is being done at an event in Atlanta, Georgia.

The banner is a reminder of the Atlasia Games proposal. The five rings represent the five regions of Atlasia. The different colors and the unconventional positioning of the letters illustrate the spirit of the proposal to bring fun and games.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #426 on: April 06, 2015, 08:33:36 PM »

Endorsed.

Poirot deserves to be in the Senate.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #427 on: April 08, 2015, 06:22:48 PM »

Endorsed.

Poirot deserves to be in the Senate.

Thank you!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #428 on: April 08, 2015, 06:43:45 PM »

I'm in Los Angeles, California.
I think it's important for candidates to have a good experience when they run for office if we want to retain players. This is especially true for citizens running for the first time. If a newcomer campaigns and gets attacked for his ideas, maybe he will not stick around. People should get a chance to expose their ideas and it's not fun if a group of people is trying to destroy you.

I am proposing a tool of protection for first time campaigners: the shield. If the candidate doesn't like attacks or negative comments in his campaign thread he will be able to activate the shield. That will signal no attacks or critics in the campaign thread for one week so the candidate can do his camapaign in peace and have a more pleasant campaign experience.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #429 on: April 08, 2015, 06:48:41 PM »

What would the enforcement look like for that? There are trolls in this game that just don't care.

There was a time when litterally everyone who merely registered was accused of being a sock or the next zombie voter by one side or the other. Barnes was accused of being a sock, Badger was accused of being ogis (hilarious now that Badger is a mod).
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #430 on: April 08, 2015, 07:05:36 PM »

I don't think there would be penalties. I hope people would respect the shield function. It's for first time candidates and for the campaign thread so it's limited. It's for a situation when people starts shooting at a new candidate and disrupts the campaign so the candidate can signal this is not fun, just leave me alone. Posters who don't respect the shield will look irrespectful and mean.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #431 on: April 08, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »

The type of people who do that, will not care what people think of them. Including the worst offender, who is probably already one of the most unpopular people on the forum.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #432 on: April 09, 2015, 01:43:26 AM »

The type of people who do that, will not care what people think of them. Including the worst offender, who is probably already one of the most unpopular people on the forum.

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, I'd say he does care at least a little. He's literally in hiding right now Tongue
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #433 on: April 09, 2015, 07:57:49 AM »

I'm still in California, this time in Squaw Valley. It is time to announce my official song/ theme music for my campaign. I have chosen the Olympic hymn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAE-iNEISEY

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #434 on: April 09, 2015, 09:48:58 PM »

I'm in Moscow in Idaho to talk about Senator replacement.
I find the current regime to be undemocratic. Currently a party can name a replacement for an At-Large Senator if the Senator resigns within about one month of the next election. That means an individual who was not selected by the voters can fill a quarter of a mandate. Ideally I would like to push back the time frame to have an election for a replacement. There could be a snap election even if the new officeholder would have the job for one or two weeks. We are in an elections game after all. But that probably would not be accepted.

I have come up with a new twist. Before a party can decide to name someone who has not faced the electorate, the replacement would be offered to the candidate who received the most votes but was not elected in the election. That would make every rank in the election results count, there would be a battle for finishing 6th in the at-large elections for example so that could bring more candidates and parties might try to get one of their own in 6th place. The candidate on the waiting list would have declared for the office and faced the electorate. If the person is not interested anymore or has another job then the party could proceed to the undemocratic partisan appointment.     

Have a good night and sleep well.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #435 on: April 10, 2015, 07:05:19 PM »

I'm in Salt Lake City Utah. I believe candidates for political office (and citizens) have a right of free speech and imagery (as long as it's not hateful). In my last three camapign events I had to disguise myself and hide my identity, wearing a hat and a moustache. That is because I am at risk of being detained and charged in the Pacific for using pony imagery 6 months ago in an event that was not even in the Pacific. As a candidate for national office I should not have restrictions on my freedom of movement around the country. I got over my fear of being in this region and the oppresive authority because it was important for me to meet Pacific voters. Now that have no courage left I will get away from the region as fast as I can. I am not Inspector Gadget, Maigret or Clouseau. I am Poirot.  I   
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #436 on: April 10, 2015, 07:54:00 PM »

You will be arrested! Guards, seize him!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #437 on: April 10, 2015, 11:27:12 PM »

You will be arrested! Guards, seize him!

Please cease and your baseless persecution of Poirot. Will you let bygones be bygones?
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #438 on: April 11, 2015, 11:24:43 AM »

Endorsed for high preference Smiley
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #439 on: April 12, 2015, 02:50:12 PM »

free my dawg poirot
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #440 on: April 12, 2015, 05:33:11 PM »

I'll send in a gang of Southron tuffs to bust him out of Alcatraz. Evil
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #441 on: April 12, 2015, 08:11:24 PM »

I think it's important for candidates to have a good experience when they run for office if we want to retain players. This is especially true for citizens running for the first time. If a newcomer campaigns and gets attacked for his ideas, maybe he will not stick around. People should get a chance to expose their ideas and it's not fun if a group of people is trying to destroy you.

I am proposing a tool of protection for first time campaigners: the shield. If the candidate doesn't like attacks or negative comments in his campaign thread he will be able to activate the shield. That will signal no attacks or critics in the campaign thread for one week so the candidate can do his camapaign in peace and have a more pleasant campaign experience.

Are you running for senator or middle school guidance counselor?
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #442 on: April 12, 2015, 09:54:21 PM »

Are you running for senator or middle school guidance counselor?

Dude, this is still a game between pals. Wink
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #443 on: April 12, 2015, 10:22:24 PM »

I've managed to escape the Pacific region wearing a Sherlock Holmes costume and I'm now in St. Louis, Missouri.

There is a possibility the At-Large election will be replaced by districts. I've never witnessed district elections and the drawing process. It could be fun because many people here like drawing maps. I'm afraid it could be a partisan process, trying to get one or two distrcits with good registration from your party, or putting some unpopular incumbent with those drawing the districts in a difficult one for his reelection. That would put the Governors role as more party partisan. That is not always a good thing for a region. It becomes important for parties to have one of their members win the Governorship. Someone who is not from the most powerful parties in a region could be a good leader for a region but the powerful parties will still want to find one of their own for the Governor's job instead of just supporting someone with the qualities to become Governor. There is a risk the Governors become too politicize with party politics instead of trying to find the best person. The Senate regional elections and districts are basically the same type of election with a different territory. At least the At-Large election is a different type being multi-candiates winning.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #444 on: April 12, 2015, 11:40:58 PM »

I find it shocking the left has seemingly completely abandoned Proportional Representation for districts. Griffin goes on and on about leftists not degrading itself into being liebruls or JCP, but the JCP always prayed daily to the alter of the At-Large Senate seats and many of them like Snowguy were vocal proponents of an all At-Large Senate, which I dutifully opposed for as he or TNF would say, "muh regions". Tongue

I just find it hard to fathom that the leftist support for the At-Large system has completely imploded when it is something that one would presume to be in the blood so to speak.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #445 on: April 13, 2015, 12:14:26 AM »

Best of luck for the race and I hope the IOC doesn't ping you for copyright violation... they sue everybody.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #446 on: April 13, 2015, 10:13:49 PM »

I'm in London in Ontario to speak about the need to increase the security of transportation of flamable products by rail. Products such as oil are transported by rail ans if there is an accident it can lead to environment disaster and the loss of human lives. It is imperative we require train companies to use tank cars that are thicker and can be more resistant to shocks. We can also make the companies have adequate training for workers to operate the trains and make sure they follow security prodecures.   
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #447 on: April 14, 2015, 08:15:55 PM »

Good evening. I am Mrs Oliver, a friend of Poirot. There was an unexpected change to his agenda and could not be here with us since he is somewhere in the Pacific at the moment.

I will campaign today on his behalf. As a writer I like arts. Paris has great museums.

I know we are not in Paris, France but in Paris in Illinois. That is the point. We are in a small town with no museum. I think it would be a good idea if there were more traveling expositions made by our national museums that could be accessible to people in small towns. Bring our national treasures closer to the public so they have a chance to see them with their own eyes.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #448 on: April 15, 2015, 05:14:25 PM »

Hello. I am Miss Marple, I have some friends in common with Poirot and I was asked to replace him today because he couldn't be here today. I've realised Poirot was in the Pacific for the 155th anniversary of the Pony Express. How fitting.

I was bored in St. Mary Mead and I am happy to help Poirot in his campaing. I am in Sydney (Cape Breton) in Nova Scotia. There is a common market agreement between Atlasia and Canada. With this spirit of cooperation there could be a common effort to attract tourisme, if the two countries or two regions join their efforts. For example the Pacific and British Columbia could do joint promotion on the Asia market to sell the whole West Coast as one destination. Or the Mideast and Ontario could draw a touristic route going through the two regions around the Great Lakes to attract tourists.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #449 on: April 16, 2015, 04:33:04 PM »

Hello. I am Captain Arthur Hastings. I am a friend of Poirot and campaigning for him today in Berlin, New Hampshire. He could not be here because he is a little sick.

Poirot left Belgium for England during the first world war (he later moved to Atlasia). He has been traumatized by war so when people throw grenades at each other in the Senate (figuratively) or on the political scene in general he gets scared and just want to take refuge somewhere, like he did in leaving Belgium. Sometimes he feels we are in a cold war period where there is tension and one side watch the other, ready to attack in case.

Poirot has proposed the Atlasian Games. That is a new and big element of the campaign. He sees it as a period of truce between rivals but it would only work if enough people are interested in the Games. Poirot has been the only one advocating for Games.

The voting booth will open soon. Get ready, get set, go.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies