Poirot for Senate(s) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:17:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 54853 times)
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« on: October 03, 2012, 12:28:46 PM »

I am not a household name across the region, so why have I decided to run? Mainly because of two democratic things. First, I saw there was only the appointed representative running in the special election. I believe voters deserve a choice at election time. Only having one candidate on the ballot is not a healthy democracy. By submitting my candidacy I offer voters a choice.

Second, I was surprised to see the appointed representative sponsoring a bill to amend the constitution and modify the bill of rights. This is playing with the fundamental law and doing so while being appointed to the assembly and not yet elected made me uneasy. This action could have waited a little to have more democratic legitimacy.   

I personally would much rather have a positive speech that outlined your policies and idealogy instead of your only contention being I'm new and I oppose my opponant
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 06:35:57 AM »

Well then good luck to him.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 06:39:55 PM »

Wait, are you assigning him that logo, or are you letting him use it at his discretion
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »

To give an answer to people who have enquired, I have decided not to run in the upcoming general election.

NOOO!

You overeact alot on these type of things.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 11:30:23 AM »

You just lost the election, according to Scott, with out an election
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 12:56:49 PM »

oh, I misunderstood what he meant by that, oops
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 11:46:58 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2012, 11:03:36 PM by Snowball »

I am very pleased to report that one of my proposal during my November campaign has become law. It aims to protect people from the noise of windfarms by requiring they are built at a certain distance from residential areas. I thank the Representatives and Governor for adopting this.

I also have taken action on another campaign proposal. During a meeting in Pennsylvania I talked about attracting Mideast citizens living near our border to come shop in our region following a rise in their sales tax rate. I created a logo and posted it in my signature for publicity and try to give a boost to our local businesses.

So our idea as a region to help our economy is to steal consumers away from another region. I don't really feel this is what we want to promote, a every region for themselves kind of thing. Another possibility is raise taxes here.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 11:02:29 PM »

So our idea as a region to help our economy is to steal consumers away from another, less prosperous region. I don't really feel this is what we want to promote, a every region for themselves kind of thing. Another possibility is raise taxes here.

Please back up that statement with facts. Our unemployment rate is lower than that of the Northeast Region and the lowest in all Atlasia.
Sorry, I was thinking of something else at the time. Corrected
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 01:40:14 PM »

The free food available at my office are exquisite Belgian chocolates.

Damn you! Do I still get chocolate even if I don't explicitly endorse you?
Bribery!
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »

Since chocolates are a popular item and goes fast, we wish to inform visitors of a new chocolate policy. Each visitor is allowed a maximum of three chocolates. Thank you for your cooperation. 
too late XD
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 09:31:48 PM »

Some businesses are starting to charge extra for consumers who receive their monthly statements / bills by mail instead of using electronic statements by computers. I want consumers to have the choice between the two at no extra cost. Older people and poorer ones could have more trouble with electronic statements. Businesses are already saving money by the growing use of electronic communication. I will protect consumer's choice by forbidding charging extra to consumers to get monthly bill or statement on paper. 
I would first pass a law against cramming then against this, I mean it does cost more for a company to send bills through the mail, all this would do is tempt some businesses, especially actualsmall businesses to stop sending these things by mail altogether. Allowing charge but capping it and outlawing cramming (I just realized this is a good idea, I will write a law for this) is what I would do and will.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies