Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2014, 06:39:12 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections
| | |-+  2012 Senatorial Election Polls (Moderator: Tender Branson)
| | | |-+  AZ-PPP: Carmona leads by 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: AZ-PPP: Carmona leads by 2  (Read 809 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
YaBB God
Spain

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2012, 05:01:49 pm »
Ignore

Richard Carmona, the former U.S. Surgeon General, leads Congressman Jeff Flake by 2 points.

The democrat has a +8 favorability rating, while the republican is just underwater (40/41 favorability).

Undecided voters will vote for Romney by a 58% to 37 margin, so the race may be even closer than what this poll is showing.

At the same time, President Obama trails Gov. Romney by 9.

Carmona 45%
Flake       43%

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/10/carmona-up-2-romney-by-9-in-arizona.html

My evolution (by The Political Matrix):
E: -6.06 -> -6.97 -> -6.97 -> -8.13 -> -7.29 -> -8.26 -> -8.65 -> -7.03
S: -6.78 -> -6.09 -> -7.30 -> -7.13 -> -8.09 -> -8.35 -> -9.04 -> -8.61
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 05:09:51 pm »
Ignore

Gun!
BlondeArtisit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 05:15:29 pm »
Ignore

Until i see a democrat polling 48% of the vote here i'll never believe they have a realistic shot.

Think democrats have a 47% ceiling its a very red state.

Conservatives are round holes. They cannot be expected to fit into a square hole right away. With exposure to facts, different environments and empathy they will modify into shape. If not, their children will. Conservatives defend the past and fight for the few. They are the virus that prevents progress.
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 05:23:17 pm »
Ignore

Good news for Carmona (obviously, since this seat shouldn't be competitive), but the Republican lean of the undecideds here don't bode well.

Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 05:49:41 pm »
Ignore

Great news! Flake sucks and Carmona seems like a great guy.

(Part of the 2012 Election Throwback Series)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
YaBB God
Spain

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 05:52:15 pm »
Ignore

Good news for Carmona (obviously, since this seat shouldn't be competitive), but the Republican lean of the undecideds here don't bode well.

While undecideds go 58/37 for Romney, Carmona can appeal to them as he worked for a republican Administration. And if you compare these numbers with the ones in Missouri, Montana and Indiana, they seem to be dem-leaning =P.

My evolution (by The Political Matrix):
E: -6.06 -> -6.97 -> -6.97 -> -8.13 -> -7.29 -> -8.26 -> -8.65 -> -7.03
S: -6.78 -> -6.09 -> -7.30 -> -7.13 -> -8.09 -> -8.35 -> -9.04 -> -8.61
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 09:58:10 am »

New Poll: Arizona Senator by Public Policy Polling on 2012-10-03

Summary: D: 45%, R: 43%, U: 12%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Wolfentoad
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Lebanon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 07:10:06 pm »
Ignore

Flake is great. He's very moderate, and I wouldn't mind if he became the next Governor. But Carmona is amazing. If he wins the seat, I'll be so happy. He could be a great Presidential nominee in 2016. Joe Donnelly should be his running mate.

I will stay home in this next election if we do not have a conservative tea party patriot. I have had enough RINOS
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 11:28:23 am »
Ignore

Flake is great. He's very moderate, and I wouldn't mind if he became the next Governor. But Carmona is amazing. If he wins the seat, I'll be so happy. He could be a great Presidential nominee in 2016. Joe Donnelly should be his running mate.

It'll be hilarious if Carmona wins in Arizona, but McMahon wins in Connecticut.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 11:33:28 am »
Ignore

ever cared to look at his voting record?
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 11:41:06 am »
Ignore

I wouldn't call him moderate, but he does have Libertarian tendencies and he is certainly not a tool of the GOP establishment, who he stood up to for years. He and Mike Pence were among a precious few who stood up to the excesses of the Bush years, and Flake to moreo f an extent then Pence even. And considering how many times they screwed him out of a deserved committee emplacement, for typically corrupt, establishment cronies, I doubt he will be in a mood to jump at the slightest command.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 12:32:31 pm »
Ignore

If by some miracle we gain a couple of seats in the Senate it will at least (possibly) delay Romney's utter destruction of health care and safety net till 2014 anyway.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Maxy
mah519
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 12:53:24 pm »
Ignore

This saddens me because I think Jeff Flake isn't a tool and he actually represents the history of Arizona in a lot of ways (Goldwaterisms). We need more guys in the Senate with some libertarian ideas.

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 12:55:10 pm »
Ignore

If by some miracle we gain a couple of seats in the Senate it will at least (possibly) delay Romney's utter destruction of health care and safety net till 2014 anyway.

Opebo, you know that Romney isn't destined to win, right?
Wolfentoad
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Lebanon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 01:05:22 pm »
Ignore

Flake voted to repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell. He also introduced legislation to give citizenship to undocumented immigrants. Pretty moderate to me!

I will stay home in this next election if we do not have a conservative tea party patriot. I have had enough RINOS
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 01:50:36 pm »
Ignore

Flake voted to repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell. He also introduced legislation to give citizenship to undocumented immigrants. Pretty moderate to me!

Is that all it takes to be moderate in the States these days?
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 01:54:14 pm »
Ignore

He actually falls somewhere in the middle of the caucus, though I was expecting him to be further right.

Scottish Robb Stark
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 02:00:43 pm »
Ignore

He actually falls somewhere in the middle of the caucus, though I was expecting him to be further right.

If he falls in the middle of the GOP caucus, then he's batsh*t insane.

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 06:16:51 pm »
Ignore

iirc DW/Nominate has him as the MOST conservative member of Congress.
Herman Cain's Gold Chain
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 06:43:19 pm »
Ignore

Doesn't matter if he pretends to be a "moderate." If he becomes a senator he'll be a lockstep filibustering right-winger like every other member of the GOP caucus.

(Part of the 2012 Election Throwback Series)
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 06:40:38 am »
Ignore

"Destined to win"?  Do you know something we don't know?  Some church thing about 'what is meant to be'?

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 09:28:53 am »
Ignore

"Destined to win"?  Do you know something we don't know?  Some church thing about 'what is meant to be'?

No, what I'm talking about is your constant insistence that Obama will lose because white people are racist and not enough of them will vote for him.
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 12:58:04 pm »
Ignore

iirc DW/Nominate has him as the MOST conservative member of Congress.
It's all a matter of definition isn't it. He's a flake. Not a moderate by any means, but not a rank-and-file party soldier either, and by no means particularly idiotic as far as non-standard American right-wingers go.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 02:14:20 pm »
Ignore

Not having a perfect score doesn't mean he's moderate, it just means that his brand of sharp conservatism makes him break party discipline more often than your average conservative rep.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 02:36:24 pm »
Ignore

No, what I'm talking about is your constant insistence that Obama will lose because white people are racist and not enough of them will vote for him.

Oh, great.  Yeah that's just one man's theory, nothing to get to concerned about.  But when you said 'destined' I thought maybe there was an oracle on top of a mountain in Utah that was telling you all what was gonna happen in the future.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout