Who won the Debate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:31:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who won the Debate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who won the debate?
President Barack Obama

Willard "Mitt"Romney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 143

Author Topic: Who won the Debate?  (Read 7475 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: October 03, 2012, 11:59:11 PM »

Romney "ran over" Lehrer more than Obama. It just depresses me because when I go out to volunteer for the President I see a lot of people working really hard for him and then when he's limp in a debate and doesn't aggressively take the last word, it upsets me. I haven't felt this way about Obama since 2008, after Sarah Palin was picked but before she was exposed, when Obama was getting questioned by Republicans about what he did as a community organizer. You caught a glimpse of him then stripped away, a young man again, uncertain of himself. Oh, brother. The difference is, back then he hadn't been President, and now he has; legislatively, in terms of economics, he's actually done well, he's outperformed (how many Presidents before him failed to pass health care reform?), to such an extent that a Republican Presidential nominee like Romney now feels compelled to agree with him on one issue after another and go shadow-boxing at the margins of his policies; but he doesn't get a lot of credit for it for various reasons. And he's still not very good at defending himself during these debates. But what can we do? Life is, what it is. If Romney wins, depression will just replace anxiety in my national outlook. Revert to what it was during the Bush years, except worse.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies