Who won the Debate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:01:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who won the Debate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who won the debate?
President Barack Obama

Willard "Mitt"Romney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 143

Author Topic: Who won the Debate?  (Read 7458 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: October 03, 2012, 11:43:43 PM »

My view - Romney won the debate, for a number of reasons...
a) Obama got off to a bad start, he looked annoyed and only got into his stride well after the half-way mark
b) Romney dropped a number of clangers (especially medicare) and Obama didn't touch them... I dont get it. Yes, don't be a prick... But don't be ... You know, the other either
c) Romney won the expectation war, Obama was set up to fail and add that Obama seemed flat and Romney looked more poised, so a blow out was pretty much destined from the start...

BUT - I think Obama won the substance war, problem being, style always trumps substance in these things.

I doubt anything beyond a Romney meltdown would have resulted in a win, but Obama deserves a lot of blame for allowing the perception of a bigger win that it actually was.

Exactly. Romney in no way "ran away" with the debate, but Obama failed to articulate his policies, or Romney's for that matter, that made it appear otherwise.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies