Who won the Debate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:13:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who won the Debate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who won the debate?
President Barack Obama

Willard "Mitt"Romney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 143

Author Topic: Who won the Debate?  (Read 7485 times)
wilji1090
Rookie
United States

« on: October 04, 2012, 10:09:57 PM »

As a Republican, I'm worried that this may have been his Mondale-Reagan moment. The narrative of 1984 was turned on it's head when the wonky, boring Mondale made a fool out of the typically charismatic, well-liked Reagan. Then Reagan got his act together in the second debate and...

In closing, Republicans need to remember that we just witnessed Obama at his worst vs. Romney at his constant. It would be ill advised for Romney to assume that he will be across the stage from the same person in the next debate.

I actually have to agree with this. Note that I don't support Mitt Romney though. I think in all honesty, the President may have just not been wanting to deal with the debate on his anniversary. But at the same time, I tend to think one must put aside personal feelings when it comes to a job that you have to do. In Obama's case, the hardest job of all. I don't think Obama can truly afford another flub like this though. It could be like how it's been pointed out now, it COULD be a Reagan-Mondale moment.

I think if one thing's for sure, we've seen President Obama learn from mistakes in the past, and to Governor Romney's credit I think his fierce primary battle helped prepare him for President Obama. Now, maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but I think we can agree that the VP debates are gonna end with Congressman Ryan likely beating Vice President Biden. Again, I'm probably jumping the gun here, I'm not entirely sure how Bush41 held up against Mondale's VP so I'm not sure.

But I think Obama's got a chance to solidify a steady lead if he can project energy into the debates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies