Who won the Debate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:39:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who won the Debate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who won the debate?
President Barack Obama

Willard "Mitt"Romney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 143

Author Topic: Who won the Debate?  (Read 7510 times)
Cory
YaBB God

« on: October 04, 2012, 12:08:12 AM »

Big win for Romney tonight. He came on as tough and in charge of the discussion whereas President Obama come off as disinterested and "tired". I suspect that Obama's advisers told him not to go on the offensive against Romney, and it backfired massively. Romney was more prepared it seemed and frankly talked circles around the President. The thing is Romney had to win this debate or else this campaign could very well have been over. He knew he had to win this or his attempt at succeeding where his father George Romney failed in 1968 would be lost forever.

I dare say this is perhaps the worst debate performance in Obama's political career. Sans maybe his debates where he was beaten by Hillary in 2008. Obama completely let Romney get away with attacking him and only responded in a dull voice going on about the details of his policies. Obama was playing defense big-time. He didn't even bring up the "47%" remarks. Romney was clearly much more energized and ready for this.

I suspect in the coming days we will see the polls tighten in the swing states and nationally. This really is a big flub for the President's campaign. It reminds me of how in 2004 the only time the Bush/Cheney people were really worried they might loose was after John Kerry creamed Bush in the first debate.

Obama is going to have to come out on top in the next debate between them or this could be over. They might be able to stop Mitt's momentum in the VP debate next Thursday however.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies