This Is What A "Check" Looks Like (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:07:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  This Is What A "Check" Looks Like (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This Is What A "Check" Looks Like  (Read 2288 times)
Averroës Nix
United States

« on: October 04, 2012, 12:00:34 AM »

You know, if we're drawing a chess analogy, I think that castling out of check is a more appropriate comparison. Which, you'll note, is against the rules of the game.

Seriously, though, this was a good night for Romney. Certainly not a devastating blow, but unless we indulge in the kind of fantasies that Republicans usually reserve for descriptions of hypothetical Obama-Gingrich debates, it couldn't have been much worse for the president. That's not to suggest that Obama is no longer the favorite - his substantial advantage persists - but Romney did exactly what he needed to do.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 02:48:24 PM »

I think more and more Americans are finally coming to the realization that Obama is an empty suit.

He was elected with the least experience of any president since Chester Arthur, and has consistently proved his intellect is, lets be kind and say "below average".

His understanding of foreign affairs, basic history and of course economics is at the high school level at best.

I personnally know 100's of people with more qualifications to be president than Obama had.

Now that the luster of "yeah but he's charismatic" is wearing off, perhaps the rock star menality that sways so many of his core constituency will keep them home this year, and we can get back to adults running the country.

I personally know 100's of people who can spell.

Don't listen to Scott; his understanding of courtesy is at the high school level at best. I personally know hundreds of posters with are more qualifed to comment on this matter than he. Scott, you'd do well to remember that not every here is under the thrall of your rock-star personality.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies