Will Friday's job numbers help Obama recover? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:00:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Will Friday's job numbers help Obama recover? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes (D)

No (D)

Unsure (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Unsure (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (I/O)

Unsure (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Will Friday's job numbers help Obama recover?  (Read 2047 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: October 04, 2012, 12:39:56 AM »

Oh my god. Please do not get your hopes up for this, guys. The last thing Obama needs right now is over-inflated hopes on one number which is a rough, rough, rough estimate that will get drastically revised 3 times, and then get revised again in six months, then get revised again a year later. Margin of error +/- a couple hundred thousand. It'll likely be a disappointment. The ISM services employment index fell from last month, when only 96,000 jobs were created. So I'm expecting less than 96,000. Remember, Europe is long jobs, Japan is losing jobs, it'll be a miracle at all if we gain jobs.

The main point is that Obama has created over 5 million private sector jobs in the past 2 1/2 years, and has a much better job creation record than George W. Bush in his first term.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 12:51:31 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You mean like that 8 percent one he made back in 2008 that still hasn't happened 4 years later?

If Obama's campaign is hoping to fight the election on the economy - then Mitt's won. Plain as day. This economy is absolutely horrible.

The election's going to be fought on everything, including, but not limited to, the economy. Mitt learned that the hard way- he can't just run on "the economy is horrible" just as Obama can't just run on "the economy is turning around." There are specific issues at stake and that's what Mitt realized in time for tonight's debate and that's where the election will also be fought on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies