Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 10:52:13 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Moderating Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Moderating Question  (Read 510 times)
The Artist Formerly Known As and Now Again Known As Ogis
agooji
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2012, 01:36:21 am »
Ignore

I made what I thought was a very fair post in the Forum Community, and it was infracted for 10 out of 10 points, devoid of any warning or explanation. I won't repost it here (I mean, it was infracted, so reposting it would probably defeat the purpose), but I would like to know what I did wrong.

This signature has more content than my brain.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 02:26:48 am »
Ignore

You're a sock.  Posting an apology post on the forum is not the way to make an appeal to return.  If you've truly changed and think you deserve to come back, PM or e-mail Nym or Dave or another moderator.
tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 08:39:57 am »
Ignore

You're a sock.  Posting an apology post on the forum is not the way to make an appeal to return.  If you've truly changed and think you deserve to come back, PM or e-mail Nym or Dave or another moderator.

this shouldn't be means to infract an otherwise legitimate post.  go to the administrators and seek a ban.

in a mirror, dimly lit
The Artist Formerly Known As and Now Again Known As Ogis
agooji
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 06:08:58 pm »
Ignore

A couple of years ago, Dave PMed me and allowed my account to exist. And then, with this account, I'm pretty sure we served together in the Mideast Assembly in Atlasia. I'm rather lost as to why I'm facing double jeopardy when I was already pardoned, in some sense.

This signature has more content than my brain.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 06:23:50 pm »
Ignore

A couple of years ago, Dave PMed me and allowed my account to exist. And then, with this account, I'm pretty sure we served together in the Mideast Assembly in Atlasia. I'm rather lost as to why I'm facing double jeopardy when I was already pardoned, in some sense.

He PMed you saying you could stay?  I don't remember this.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 12:53:19 pm »
Ignore

We did more or less agree - even if via inertia - that he could stay so long as there was no trouble. How long ago was that trolling spree anyway? And how old was he at the time?

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 06:54:07 pm »
Ignore

We did more or less agree - even if via inertia - that he could stay so long as there was no trouble. How long ago was that trolling spree anyway? And how old was he at the time?

Well, it's irrelevant now, since he's been rebanned.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 07:18:54 pm »
Ignore

But how long ago was it and how old was he at the time? I genuinely can't remember.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 07:26:17 pm »
Ignore

But how long ago was it and how old was he at the time? I genuinely can't remember.

2 years ago I think, and I'm not sure we ever knew his age.

Honestly, I probably would have supported allowing him to return had he emailed Nym or Dave and asked to return.  But just making a second account and expecting to be allowed to stay shouldn't be allowed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout