President Romney would be better for America than 4 more years of Obama.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:49:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  President Romney would be better for America than 4 more years of Obama.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Romney would be better for America than 4 more years of Obama.  (Read 968 times)
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2012, 07:30:29 AM »

It's time for democrats to let Obama go.

Republicans in washington aren't going to put America first as they know if they cross the aisle and negotiate they get kicked out.

Democrats have a long bench to negotiate with Romney.
Mark Pryor
Tim Johnson
Mark Warner
Max Baucus
Mark Begich
Kay Hagan
Mary Landrieu
Joe Manchin
Ron Wydon

Democrats aren't partisan hacks and kick moderats out. Republicans obstruct whenever a democrat is in office. So let republicans have the presidency and democrats the house and senate and america will be better off.
Republicans have nobody.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 07:33:16 AM »

That's a horrible indictment of the GOP
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 07:37:42 AM »

Can you name 5 republican senators who are bipartisan?
LiberalJunkie
LiberalJunkie99
Canada

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 07:39:07 AM »

So Republicans need to get elected cause...they won't compromise?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 07:43:14 AM »

There are a number who could be, but they're terrified of being primaried by nut jobs... I don't think that's a sufficient reason to elect Romney. I can understand why some want that to happen, but that is certainly not a good enough reason...
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 07:45:14 AM »

There are a number who could be, but they're terrified of being primaried by nut jobs... I don't think that's a sufficient reason to elect Romney. I can understand why some want that to happen, but that is certainly not a good enough reason...

But you can't name 5 current republican senators who are willing to put the country ahead of the party?
LiberalJunkie
LiberalJunkie99
Canada

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 07:46:28 AM »

But you can't name 5 current republican senators who are willing to put the country ahead of the party?

I'm confused...your argument for electing Romney is messed up.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 07:48:05 AM »

I totally understand your point but my reaction basically is to give the bird to the Republican obstructionists. I swear, they were never taught as children to share.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 08:07:33 AM »

Are you seriously saying that, since Republicans won't vote for anything a Democrat does, but Democrats might vote for something a Republican does, we should vote for Romney just to have a unified government?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 09:03:35 AM »

Lugar
Brown
Snowe
Collins
Grassley

BOOM 5.
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 12:14:05 PM »

Lugar
Brown
Snowe
Collins
Grassley

BOOM 5.

January 2013
Lugar got kicked out
Snowe didn't run as shes had enough
Brown will lose

Grassley is a total hack.
Collins maybe. But lets be honest she said she would only serve two terms in 2008 and she looks to be running again in 2014.

User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 12:15:27 PM »

Are you seriously saying that, since Republicans won't vote for anything a Democrat does, but Democrats might vote for something a Republican does, we should vote for Romney just to have a unified government?

Well you want four more years of gridlock? How can you get the republicans to agree with no gang of moderates
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 12:19:54 PM »

Well you want four more years of gridlock? How can you get the republicans to agree with no gang of moderates

Kick them out of power until they learn to act like mature adults?
LiberalJunkie
LiberalJunkie99
Canada

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 12:22:27 PM »

rwoy
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 12:22:42 PM »

Actually I'd like to see a Romney defeat and the current GOP to go the way of the Whig party.  I think America would be better served by the fiscal conservatives cutting ties to the "Moral Crusaders".  Instead of 1 Republican party they could split into 2 parties.  Each would actually draw people out of the Democratic party and instead of having 2 party gridlock in Washington we could actually get things done.
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 12:42:20 PM »

Bob Corker is seeking his second term. How is the kick out approach going?

Tennessee sends a message of keep obstructing.
Along with Georgia, Texas, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, South Carolina, Kentucky, Indiana, Alabama, Missisippi, Oklahoma, Kansas and Arizona.

All those states have 2 republican senators and they keep getting sent back to Washington.

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 01:35:42 PM »

Lugar
Brown
Snowe
Collins
Grassley

BOOM 5.

January 2013
Lugar got kicked out
Snowe didn't run as shes had enough
Brown will lose

Grassley is a total hack.
Collins maybe. But lets be honest she said she would only serve two terms in 2008 and she looks to be running again in 2014.

You asked for 5, I gave you  5 people who are Senators right now who have also worked on a bipartisan basis.
wan
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 02:01:51 PM »

Republicans in washington aren't going to put America first as they know if they cross the aisle and negotiate they get kicked out.

Mark Pryor
Tim Johnson
Mark Warner
Max Baucus
Mark Begich
Kay Hagan
Mary Landrieu
Joe Manchin
Ron Wydon

Democrats aren't partisan hacks and kick moderats out. Republicans obstruct whenever a democrat is in office. So let republicans have the presidency and democrats the house and senate and america will be better off.
Republicans have nobody.

where have you been the democrats have been trying to work with the republicans for 4 years and all they do is say no.
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 02:08:58 PM »

Correct wan.

When Romney walks into the White House in January, he has manchin, pryor, landrieu, warner, baucus, begich, hagan to name a few willing to listen and compromise.

Obama walks into white house republicans have nobody willing to compromise.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 02:11:34 PM »

Mark Pryor
Tim Johnson
Mark Warner
Max Baucus
Mark Begich
Kay Hagan
Mary Landrieu
Joe Manchin
Ron Wydon

Republicans have nobody.

It's Ron Wyden, not Wydon. If you really want to make a hurr durr post, get the damn names straight.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 03:21:47 PM »

Voters reward obstructionism; they don't reward cooperation. The Democrats already tried cooperation in 2001 and they got shellacked in 2002 and 2004. When they switched to a more confrontational mode in 2006, they started winning. Ditto for Republicans.

You're underestimating the degree of anger in the Democratic party. It's being heavily suppressed by Obama right now but-- just look at OWS. The Tea Party, sure they were angry. But they got their start after the GOP lost the President. OWS happened under a Democratic President. Trust me, the Democrats will not repeat 2001-2003 again. These people who you say will compromise now won't if Romney wins, and they'll get away with it, because the electoral mood will be different.

Mark Pryor- votes with his party 87% of the time
Tim Johnson- votes with his party 96% of the time
Mark Warner- votes with his party 92% of the time
Max Baucus- votes with his party 90% of the time
Mark Begich- votes with his party 88% of the time
Kay Hagan- votes with her party 90% of the time
Mary Landrieu- votes with her party 90% of the time
Joe Manchin- votes with his party 81% of the time (the only real 'moderate' on the list)
Ron Wydon- votes with his party 94% of the time

These numbers will only go up. Also, keep in mind, there is the filibuster. There is no way Romney gets to 60 votes for his policies.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Brown
Kirk
McMahon
Collins
Murkowski
Ayotte

Under one party rule, the minority party has no incentive to compromise, period. The American voter has ensured this by punishing compromisers and rewarding obstructionists again and again. Only under divided government will parties compromise because each share some responsibility for the outcomes in Washington and has something to lose.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies