24hrs after debate social media: Obama got Bin Laden, Romney will kill big bird.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:53:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  24hrs after debate social media: Obama got Bin Laden, Romney will kill big bird.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 24hrs after debate social media: Obama got Bin Laden, Romney will kill big bird.  (Read 778 times)
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2012, 06:31:50 PM »

Ok all im seeing on facebook/twitter from my non political friends is posters of Romney killing big bird or banners like Obama got bin laden, Romney will kill big bird.

When i think about it, my first real worded memory from the debate is Romney cutting PBS and killing big bird.

Its not a mistake but its starting to grow as a source of mockery within real people. This could be damaging.

Just google - romney big bird - images.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 06:34:03 PM »

Well, I guess we should be thankful that the only people who will vote are your Facebook friends and Twitter followers.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 06:35:43 PM »

This is also my steam profile id, had it for a few months now.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 03:10:12 PM »

we should be thankful that the only people who will vote are your Facebook friends and Twitter followers.
This is... almost sig material.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 10:05:37 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2012, 10:08:08 PM by Politico »

What's next: gay marriage for Bert and Ernie?

Folks, Romney wants to talk about the issues like a civilized adult. We all saw the debate. The Romney that Obama and his supporters keep talking about is clearly a figment of their out-of-touch, liberal imagination.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 10:19:55 PM »

Considering the degree of misdirection and outright lies Romney was touting on Wednesday night... It's a bit rich to attach the 'grown up' label to Romney.
wildfood
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 10:31:31 PM »

It's Sesame Street vs. Wall Street...

Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 12:31:47 AM »
« Edited: October 06, 2012, 12:38:54 AM by Politico »

Only out-of-touch liberals who do not really care about the well-being of America, who do not really care about 23 million people who are out of work or 47 million people who are dependent upon food stamps (they're all just statistics from their video game-esque viewpoint), can somehow manage to twist Romney's quote of "I love Big Bird" into "ROMNEY WILL KILL BIG BIRD"

Only 15% of PBS' funding comes from federal subsidies. The rest is from donations from "viewers like you." If we cannot even jettison federal subsidies for PBS, if even that is off the table, THIS NATION IS SCREWED BY THE END OF THE DECADE. There is no other way to put it.

Liberals, you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming of 21st Century Nero reading his teleprompter while America burns...

Non-liberals, be afraid. We must all unite under Romney, or America is going to burn to the ground.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 12:37:21 AM »

The cost of the War in Iraq could have funded PBS (at today's funding levels) for a few thousand years. As could the money lost in Romney's tax cut plan. But those Republicans are ever so worried about the deficit Roll Eyes
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 12:40:33 AM »
« Edited: October 06, 2012, 12:42:08 AM by Politico »

The cost of the War in Iraq could have funded PBS (at today's funding levels) for a few thousand years. As could the money lost in Romney's tax cut plan. But those Republicans are ever so worried about the deficit Roll Eyes

Perpetual trillion dollar deficits cannot exist. It is an economic reality. Even Big Bird cannot magically wish this away for 21st Century Nero.

The mentality, "OH, IT IS ONLY $350 MILLION," which has prevailed for decades, is the reason why we are in such a mess today. It all adds up over time, which is why we now have debt-to-GDP of 100%. We must change this mentality, or America will burn to the ground. Governor Romney is going to restore fiscal discipline to America.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 12:41:20 AM »

I'm asking seriously... do you have some sort of compulsive disorder?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 12:42:56 AM »
« Edited: October 06, 2012, 12:58:11 AM by Politico »

I admit to suffering from insomnia and having an affinity for procrastination.

What's YOUR excuse?
wildfood
Rookie
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 12:57:55 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Big Bird is not the reason America has a deficit problem...nor are the poor and those receiving Social Security.

The reason America has a deficit problem is because of tax-cut and spend Republicans starting with Reagan and continuing with Romney.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 12:59:00 AM »
« Edited: October 06, 2012, 01:01:22 AM by Politico »

Big Bird is not the reason America has a deficit problem...nor are the poor and those receiving Social Security.

The reason America has a deficit problem is because of tax-cut and spend Republicans starting with Reagan and continuing with Romney.

Pathetic that Obama got everything he could ever possibly want in his first two years yet he refuses to take responsibility for anything that has happened the last year or two...

Here's a question: Why has Obama presided over the first administration in the history of the United States to run trillion dollar deficits for an entire presidential term if it's all just the big, bad Republican wolf's fault?

Oh, why bother, you guys are just clinging to fantasy. Even your image of Romney is a figment
of your imagination.
wildfood
Rookie
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 01:16:05 AM »

Pathetic that Obama got everything he could ever possibly want in his first two years yet he refuses to take responsibility for anything that has happened the last year or two...

Here's a question: Why has Obama presided over the first administration in the history of the United States to run trillion dollar deficits for an entire presidential term if it's all just the big, bad Republican wolf's fault?

Oh, why bother, you guys are just clinging to fantasy. Even your image of Romney is a figment
of your imagination.

Why should we believe that Romney's policies will be any different from those of Bush?

We shouldn't because they aren't.

Republicans only pay lip service to cutting the deficit yet their first move is always to lower revenue via tax cut...their second is always to increase spending.

Eisenhower is rolling in his grave...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 01:18:26 AM »

I admit to suffering from insomnia and having an affinity for procrastination.

What's YOUR excuse?

I'm not existing in a fantasy world... and reciting the same talking points over and over again to the point that it seems you're trying to convince yourself... rather than anyone else.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies