Romney Takes Responsibility for Misspeaking (47% Gaffe)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:02:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney Takes Responsibility for Misspeaking (47% Gaffe)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Romney Takes Responsibility for Misspeaking (47% Gaffe)  (Read 3915 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2012, 12:06:05 AM »
« edited: October 07, 2012, 12:14:46 AM by Politico »

If I didn't know better I'd think his last name was Rorschach instead of Romney since he tries so hard to be an ink blot in which people can see what they want to see.

*Takes off the partisan hat and puts on the policy hat*

I hate to say it, or at least be so blunt about it, but this is the type of leader that America thrives on. Most of America loves BS, loves hearing what they want to hear, which is why most of us loved The King of BS AKA Bill Clinton (e.g., "When I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two -- and didn't like it -- and didn't inhale and never tried inhaling again"). Give us a president who thrives on BS and is open and honest about it, somebody like Clinton, and confidence soars. Give us a Debbie Downer, somebody like Carter, and confidence tanks. As we all know, confidence matters in an economy.

Should it be this way? Not necessarily. But there is no changing it. We might as well embrace it, and give the people what they demand. Restore confidence, and thrive as a result.

Ultimately, what matters is the bottom-line: A growing economy where most people are seeing their incomes go up, and therefore their overall happiness go up. We can achieve these results with Romney's leadership, policies and, yes, his confidence-boosting Rorschach calculus.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2012, 12:58:31 AM »

If I didn't know better I'd think his last name was Rorschach instead of Romney since he tries so hard to be an ink blot in which people can see what they want to see.

*Takes off the partisan hat and puts on the policy hat*

I hate to say it, or at least be so blunt about it, but this is the type of leader that America thrives on. Most of America loves BS, loves hearing what they want to hear, which is why most of us loved The King of BS AKA Bill Clinton (e.g., "When I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two -- and didn't like it -- and didn't inhale and never tried inhaling again"). Give us a president who thrives on BS and is open and honest about it, somebody like Clinton, and confidence soars. Give us a Debbie Downer, somebody like Carter, and confidence tanks. As we all know, confidence matters in an economy.

Should it be this way? Not necessarily. But there is no changing it. We might as well embrace it, and give the people what they demand. Restore confidence, and thrive as a result.

Ultimately, what matters is the bottom-line: A growing economy where most people are seeing their incomes go up, and therefore their overall happiness go up. We can achieve these results with Romney's leadership, policies and, yes, his confidence-boosting Rorschach calculus.

You're conflating Romney's style with his lack of substance.  Granted, there is often considerable overlap, which is a major reason we're in the mess we're in.  I've seen nothing from the man to make me think he will do better, and I have plenty of reasons to fear he will do worse, especially in foreign policy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies