Colorado: Romney's Comeback State? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:14:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Colorado: Romney's Comeback State? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Colorado: Romney's Comeback State?  (Read 1625 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 05, 2012, 05:18:08 PM »

Quite possibly, it's a state that's been very hostile to Obama.  When his approval ratings first started to go from positive territory into the mid-40s, Colorado was one of the first states that had him not just in the mid-40s but the low 40s.  I would imagine some of the older voters out there that made the state such a Republican stronghold in the past are quite fickle.  They probably soured on the GOP when the party took a hard right socially, and therefore were easily swept up in the Obama almost-landslide of 2008.  I could imagine a moderate like Romney (which in all actuality he is) playing very well in Colorado and what is perceived as failed Democratic economic policies being VERY unpopular. 

As it is, I believe Romney's Hispanic problem to be fatal.. but if he can really pull off this "white" thing, as in, be the very last campaign to win on the strength of the white vote alone... maybe he pulls it off.  It's VERY, VERY close to being the tipping point state. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies