Colorado: Romney's Comeback State? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:18:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Colorado: Romney's Comeback State? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Colorado: Romney's Comeback State?  (Read 1603 times)
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 6.06, S: -5.74

« on: October 06, 2012, 03:05:35 AM »

I'm a homo and no matter what the dems could tell me about marriage my vote would go to Romney/Ryan this cycle. Once gay marriage is legal in the whole country dems wouldn't be able to keep the homo voting bloc, which is why they will never act on it (and blame republican outcry as their reason not to force the issue). Many homos are waking up to the fact they end up as DINKs later in life (double income no kids) and with 'progressive' taxes from the left why would I support an administration not only inactive on social issues but also increasing my taxation? Its pretty plain and simple no?
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 03:40:23 AM »

I love this post for so many different reasons.

Though be quite fair, LGBT Americans are not a monolithic Democratic voting bloc. The GOP took somewhere around 35% or so of LGBT voters in 2010, which is probably better than the GOP does among conservative evangelical fundamentalist blacks.

35 is higher than I expected so thanks for the info!, but too often we are thought of as this singular entity out with the rest banging our war drums for atheism abortion and same sex marriage. Truth is I see the breakup of the lgbt 'voting bloc' happening right in front of me. many are tired of this interminable pandering and we all saw Obamas 'evolution' on the issue as total bs (he was for it the whole time, durr). It's just so tiring, all these games. So many are looking instead to the most economically sound candidate because having a job and a bright future to share with someone is usually the first step before marriage..
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 11:06:09 AM »

Right. Just like the "homo" vote in our native Canada migrated en masse to the Tories after same-sex marriage here was passed years ago, n'est-ce-pas? Just because you want so desperately for a right-wing politician to win, don't think other "homos" would be as enthusiastic as you to do so.
Why homo in quotes there? You clearly have some reservations with independent minded souls, and you further this claim by identifying with a homogenous representation of homosexual thoughts and actions. If we all act and think the same it fits much better with your discriminatory ways. And for the record Canada has experienced a split, homos vote for all parties as much as you cling to the assumption we all vote NDP or whatever your left wing noggin would like to believe.

Actually, it's sad, really. "Homos" like Orion0 suffer from this pathetic Stockholm Syndrome. "We need a job first so we can then marry"? Barf. And just because a country has same-sex marriage, don't act like all gay issues are now resolved and it's "homos" would now love to vote for right-wingers. Health issues (AIDS, sexual diseases, health care for seniors with no children or spouse), homelessness (especially among youth), international affairs (gay refugees, binational couples, gay immigrants)... they won't deliver on that. They don't care. And just because you don't care, and you clearly don't, don't talk about "homos" like they're a big uniform bloc.
Don't barf, this forum is already filled with enough ignoramuses spewing various bodily fluids at the screen. And of course there are always other issues that matter, my point was that in this cycle in the states there are vitally more important issues to be discussed than "ooh will Obama support gay marriage or not?" especially given that zero action will be taken nationally by the Obama admin. and again, you're the only one proposing that all homos vote left because of their sexuality, not me, I said we are not a solid voting bloc.

Hahaha a republican gay? That's like being a black Mormon (Mia Love LoL) or a communist millionaire. It doesn't make sense. Obama is fighting for the rights of gay people, Romney, as a republican AND a Mormon, will fight against your rights.

Oh. and you're saying Obama will never approve the Gay Marriage because after that gays will become republicans. Well, here in Spain gays still vote PSOE after Zapatero let them marry Wink And they're usually rich people here, too.
Plenty of gay republicans, check log cabin. Communist millionaires? There have been plenty! Hello, china is chock full of millionaires. Your argument is weak, and I can't help but make the comparison but if gays voted for the party that gave them marriage then the liberals in Canada would have better support in the homo community.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies