Re: Arkansas GOPer: Slavery was a blessing in disguise for blacks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:10:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Re: Arkansas GOPer: Slavery was a blessing in disguise for blacks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Re: Arkansas GOPer: Slavery was a blessing in disguise for blacks  (Read 6801 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: October 06, 2012, 08:43:35 AM »

I'm hoping this guy is like those random NH legislators who get swept in on waves even when they're not ready for prime time. Does anyone know if he's likely to get entrenched in this district?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 08:41:41 AM »

I'm hoping this guy is like those random NH legislators who get swept in on waves even when they're not ready for prime time. Does anyone know if he's likely to get entrenched in this district?

To be quite fair, I don't think any of these random NH legislators we elected are as batsh**t insane as this guy. Even these random no-names who come from districts with 2000 voters have either been all sane or smart enough to keep their mouths shut.

The worst-case scenario would have been the guy who advocated shooting cops a few years ago.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 08:53:27 AM »

Actually, the vast majority of them were Democrats and stayed Democrats.  Even Thurmond was a Democrat before he became a Republican.  A few segregationists were Republicans, but they were still overwhelmingly Democrat.  I realize that both parties have had their civil rights failings and their civil rights triumphs, but Republicans were much stronger on civil rights for most of our history, and that is one reason (though not the only one) that I identify myself as a Republican.

Stop being a pedantic partisan hack.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies