Re: Arkansas GOPer: Slavery was a blessing in disguise for blacks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:59:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Re: Arkansas GOPer: Slavery was a blessing in disguise for blacks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Re: Arkansas GOPer: Slavery was a blessing in disguise for blacks  (Read 6787 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: October 09, 2012, 06:33:37 AM »

No the South isn't more racist than the North... How could you come to that conclusion?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:27:55 PM »

I think this is being taken out of contest.  He wasn't saying that slavery was a good thing, he was saying that the former slaves would be blessed by being granted citizenship after slavery was ended, and that that was a great thing after all the adversity they faced.  Never mind that it was Republicans who fought to end slavery and grant citizenship and suffrage to former slaves, or that it was Democrats who fought against all of those measures.

You are dangerously close to being on my ignore list. Do you have any legitimate points or can you not comprehend any events that have transpired in the last 140 years? Are you from some kind of time void that opened up and spit you into the present? Are you the reincarnation of Thaddeus Stevens?
I can.  The liberal agenda of cradle-to-grave welfare for racial minorities is the antithesis of civil rights.  The best way to advance civil rights is to increase economic opportunity for racial minorities by helping make them independent.  Welfare in its current state (or, as Clinton would say, "welfare as we know it",) is the slavery of the 21st Century.  We need to reform our social programs so that they make people independent rather than dependent.

lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies