Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 07:11:55 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  how does one appeal post deletion and death points
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: how does one appeal post deletion and death points  (Read 773 times)
memphis
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2012, 04:59:10 pm »
Ignore

Not trying to make the cliche crybaby post. Just neeed to know what process is as I don't feel justice has been served.

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I don't want my women talking to people
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 06:43:24 pm »
Ignore

the Mods will tell you to send Dave or Nym a PM, in order to place the grievance forever under the veil -- I've never seen a documented case of one of these appeals working.  as unofficial leader of the IPU, I prefer if you appeal here, or at least keep us appraised of the status of your private-channel appeal in public.

in a mirror, dimly lit
incredibly specific types of post-punk music
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 09:08:45 pm »
Ignore

I've only had two appeals ever work:

1-One was from a no longer active mod (Lunar) and it was after he admitted he didn't understand the situation properly when he modded.
2-The other was after bringing it up here, for a post I had deleted prior to infraction.

So yeah, deduce what you want from that.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
memphis
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 09:23:17 pm »
Ignore

I'll send Nym a PM. Thanks for your help. I don't see the need to share the particulars. If it was the opinion of the mods that the post in question deserved deletion and death points, I don't think I'd be doing myself any favors in duplicating it here.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 05:15:07 pm »
Ignore

PM the mod(s) of the board it was posted on.  You'll find that if you're not antagonistic, most of us are fairly forgiving.  I'd estimate 75% of appeals made to me via PM have ended in a reduction or deletion of points.

Then, if you're unsuccessful there, PM Nym.  You can always do this to begin with, although Nym is less active, so your best bet is to go to an infracting moderator first.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 05:18:42 pm »
Ignore

PM the mod(s) of the board it was posted on.  You'll find that if you're not antagonistic, most of us are fairly forgiving.  I'd estimate 75% of appeals made to me via PM have ended in a reduction or deletion of points.

Then, if you're unsuccessful there, PM Nym.  You can always do this to begin with, although Nym is less active, so your best bet is to go to an infracting moderator first.

This is good to hear. And take note all that having a good attitude helps a lot, not only vis a vis the mods, but in life in general. Who knew?

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 05:35:00 pm »
Ignore

This is good to hear. And take note all that having a good attitude helps a lot, not only vis a vis the mods, but in life in general. Who knew?

And don't confuse apologetic with "good attitude".  People have PMed me 100% unapologetic becaue they don't believe they did anything wrong, and I've reversed my decision.  But if you PM me in an antagonistic nasty way, I'm less likely to believe you had a good faith reason for posting the original post.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 08:58:02 am »
Ignore

it's cute: grovel properly in front of the Mods and they will not only spot you an infraction point or two, but teach you an important life lesson.

in a mirror, dimly lit
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
India
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 11:02:51 am »
Ignore

it's cute: grovel properly in front of the Mods and they will not only spot you an infraction point or two, but teach you an important life lesson.

Torie's life lessons are getting boring......

Grumpy Santa's helpers.   Cheesy

Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 11:32:20 am »
Ignore

The preferred method is to make a thread in this forum and generate public support in your favor until the moderators are forced to act.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 06:52:47 pm »
Ignore

The preferred method is to make a thread in this forum and generate public support in your favor until the moderators are forced to act.

At least for me (I can't speak for others), this has neve ended in a successful appeal.
memphis
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 09:36:14 pm »
Ignore

I would also support merging all the unhappy with moderation threads into one Tribunal of the Holy Office of the Inquisition megathread. It is really all one issue.

Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 07:13:38 pm »
Ignore

Oh Lord....

OR, maybe PM the mod in question with an coherent summary (or as Tweed calls it, "grovelling" Roll Eyes) your side of the story why you feel the ruling was unfair.

Not as fun as mouthing Che Guevera-like platitudes about oppression, of course, but maybe, just maybe, more productive.

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 01:18:33 am »
Ignore

At least for me (I can't speak for others), this has neve ended in a successful appeal.

My proudest forum achievement.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 01:19:30 am »
Ignore

Or, you can take your punishment like a man, and accept that life is unfair.  That's what I did and I will be off mod review on Wednesday and will be back down to 0 points in January (provided I don't accrue any more points).  Did I have thoughts of being a cry baby all the way up the chain from Mikado to Nym and even to Dave? Sure, but I decided to man up and accept my punishment as trolling instead of acting childish.

If you feel your death points were 100% unfair, then by all means, appeal for justice needs to be served, but if you are appealing to gather a little more breathing room, then hold off.  If I were in Inks shoes, if an appeal came to me in an antagonistic manner, I would be very tempted to give them a couple MORE death points.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 01:37:07 am »
Ignore

My proudest forum achievement.

What's your point?  That wasn't infracted by me.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 09:57:31 am »
Ignore

Or, you can take your punishment like a man, and accept that life is unfair.  That's what I did and I will be off mod review on Wednesday and will be back down to 0 points in January (provided I don't accrue any more points).  Did I have thoughts of being a cry baby all the way up the chain from Mikado to Nym and even to Dave? Sure, but I decided to man up and accept my punishment as trolling instead of acting childish.

If you feel your death points were 100% unfair, then by all means, appeal for justice needs to be served, but if you are appealing to gather a little more breathing room, then hold off.  If I were in Inks shoes, if an appeal came to me in an antagonistic manner, I would be very tempted to give them a couple MORE death points.

wait, you were Mod reviewed?  wtf did you do?

in a mirror, dimly lit
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 03:11:27 pm »
Ignore

He made an agreement with Mikado that he'd lose like 20 or 30 pounds or something like that or go on Mod Review, but he didn't lose it.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 07:34:48 pm »
Ignore

I see you haven't followed the Update thread.  I was mod reviewed for what amounts to trolling.  In the thread, I kept talking how I was going to lose weight, but never got started.  Mikado gave me a challenge to either put up or shut up to lose 25 pounds by September 30.  I never did lose the weight so I was given 50 infraction points last Friday, October 5 as a motivation to get some of these pounds off.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 07:34:55 pm »
Ignore

He made an agreement with Mikado that he'd lose like 20 or 30 pounds or something like that or go on Mod Review, but he didn't lose it.

That was over 120 hours ago that I was put on mod review?  Why am I not off, yet?

Dave's automated personal message said 5 days. In my mind, that is 120 hours, or unless the 5 days is misleading.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 08:23:27 pm »
Ignore

TEST POST - Mikado reduced my point total to see if I can get off faster.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout