Who will win the V.P Debate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:02:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who will win the V.P Debate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will come out on top?
Joe Biden

Paul Ryan

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Who will win the V.P Debate?  (Read 1896 times)
milhouse24
« on: October 07, 2012, 02:05:43 PM »

I think Angry Joe Biden will come out Guns Blazing.  He's a loud speaker, and he will win the Headlines with his attacks on Romney.  He'll attack Romney for being rich and out of touch.  Biden has no qualms about using the 47% line.  He'll attack Bain. 

But the worse thing Biden can do is have a senior senile moment, and say something completely Crazy or Incorrect, that can also doom the Obama campaign.  But basically, Biden is practicing his Zingers like "verb, noun, and 9-11" and his bad or awful jokes. 

All Ryan needs to do is focus on being calm, smart, and a supporter of the unemployed Middle Class.
As long as Ryan doesn't say anything about cutting Medicare, Social Security, or anything in the Ryan budget and just run away from the Ryan budget, then he will have done enough to keep the supporters for Romney. 

All Ryan needs to do is present himself as a working-class Catholic guy from the midwest.
milhouse24
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 08:56:17 PM »

CNN poll shows 55% pick Ryan to win, 39% pick Biden to win.

Ryan will look young yet sound experienced, vigorous, attractive, and sound knowledgeable and in control of the facts.  A fresh face.

Ryan wins.

I read some where that Young women are often late deciders.  I think Paul Ryan can win a few % of under-35 women voters if he shows of his awesome abs!  But I think Edwards proved you need more than a pretty face and that Paul needs to sound smart and calm. 
milhouse24
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 11:28:08 PM »

I think Angry Joe Biden will come out Guns Blazing.  He's a loud speaker, and he will win the Headlines with his attacks on Romney.  He'll attack Romney for being rich and out of touch.  Biden has no qualms about using the 47% line.  He'll attack Bain. 

But the worse thing Biden can do is have a senior senile moment, and say something completely Crazy or Incorrect, that can also doom the Obama campaign.  But basically, Biden is practicing his Zingers like "verb, noun, and 9-11" and his bad or awful jokes. 

All Ryan needs to do is focus on being calm, smart, and a supporter of the unemployed Middle Class.
As long as Ryan doesn't say anything about cutting Medicare, Social Security, or anything in the Ryan budget and just run away from the Ryan budget, then he will have done enough to keep the supporters for Romney. 

All Ryan needs to do is present himself as a working-class Catholic guy from the midwest.
So all he has to do is abandon all of his life's work and not be Paul Ryan and he'll win?

Yeah, that's politics you have to be willing to change to popular policies sometimes.  But Paul Ryan is running with Mitt Romney's vision, not his own.  He doesn't want to appear to be an extremist and scare away voters.  Didn't Obama claim to be a "new bipartisan politician", LOL.  Instead he decided to pursue left-wing policies and voters rejected those Democrat proposals in the 2010 election.  We'll have to see if voters will again reject the left-wing policies in 2012. 
milhouse24
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 11:34:40 PM »

It's Biden's to lose. If it's a pure debate, Biden's going to win, but if one of his gaffes come up, then Ryan will win.

I'm more interested in seeing debates as PR vehicles for candidates to talk directly to voters.  

I'm not interested in seeing a combative debate meant to "score points."  Master Debaters who appear too aggressive will be seen as mean and unlikeable.  I think Biden can appear buffoonish but he won't be attacking Ryan, he'll be attacking an invisible Romney; and Ryan will be forced to defend Romney's policies and history.  But then again, Ryan can attack Obama.

But Ryan's main goal will be to talk about helping the forgotten Middle class.  

It will be interesting to see how it plays out and which will receive more headlines:
"Biden's repetitive attacks on Romney" or "Paul Ryan's compassion for Middle Class Americans"  

Paul Ryan is newer, so the Media might be willing to focus on whatever he says, just as long as he doesn't make a mistake.  
milhouse24
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 12:12:31 PM »

CNN poll shows 55% pick Ryan to win, 39% pick Biden to win.

Ryan will look young yet sound experienced, vigorous, attractive, and sound knowledgeable and in control of the facts.  A fresh face.

Ryan wins.

I read some where that Young women are often late deciders.  I think Paul Ryan can win a few % of under-35 women voters if he shows of his awesome abs!  But I think Edwards proved you need more than a pretty face and that Paul needs to sound smart and calm. 

For God's sake, why don't you just shut the f**k up?

Why don't you just ban yourself, you vulger Obama hack troll.
milhouse24
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 05:09:59 PM »

I actually think Ryan should just not say much, and just let Biden talk the WHOLE time.  The more Biden speaks, the more likely he will make a huge mistake, and he might also sound like a BULLY.  Which would hurt Obama worse.  Biden may come off as more desperate, to keep Obama's campaign from losing.  Biden will attack Romney hard, and I'm sure many voters will take notice and doubt their vote for Romney. 

Ryan will need to remind voters about how the "Middle Class has been crushed the last 4 years" and how awful the Obama presidency has been.  He might not be skilled enough to make this point across. 

But the best strategy would be to just let Biden talk and talk and talk. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies