Cook: Private OH polls "ugly" for Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:57:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Cook: Private OH polls "ugly" for Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cook: Private OH polls "ugly" for Romney  (Read 5004 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: October 05, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »

Many Romney supporters are simply not interested in talking to pollsters.

As I previously coined it, The Obama Effect.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 10:41:00 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2012, 01:03:16 AM by Politico »

One, Nate's an LGBT activist, and I'm sure there's no love lost on republicans.

Figures.

This is the explanation behind a lot of what is said by many people right now.

Obviously nobody wants four more years of the last four years, so the above must be true. No other rational explanation for the fervor in some corners. They are willing to say anything about Governor Romney, the most vile and repulsive things imaginable, if that is what it takes to get the first pro-gay marriage platform a victory in November. Unfortunately for them, most Americans realize how bad this economy is and most Americans now realize in the wake of the debate that the Romney these people have been talking about for months is just a figment of their liberal imagination.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 10:49:14 PM »

You actually know that silent majorities don't exist, don't you?

What reasons could have Romney supporters to lie in a massive way?

It's not lying to them. It's avoiding them altogether. It's letting all calls go to voicemail, or cutting their landline, or getting an Internet phone. The why is complicated.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 03:24:21 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 04:30:25 PM by Politico »

Romney is refusing to consider MI and PA as swing states

If Romney's got a 5 point lead in OH and a 3 point lead in NH, he's almost surely at least within striking distance in MI and PA by now. Maybe even OR has opened up.

It's starting to look like 2000 all over again. Two more debates like the last one, and we're definitely headed towards 1988/1980 territory.

Obama should be thanking his lucky stars that there are two more debates. Everybody has to think that he has too much political prowess to completely blow it again. In other words, he may yet force a 2000-esque finish, but I would not hold my breath if I were you guys...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 05:05:02 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 05:12:47 PM by Politico »

You actually know that silent majorities don't exist, don't you?

What reasons could have Romney supporters to lie in a massive way?

Anyone looking for evidence of a silent majority should look at Alberta 2012 elections. Wildrose frequently polled in majority territory and looked to be sailing to an easy victory on election day. On the flip of a dime or perhaps because of the very real inconsistencies and shortfalls of polling (whether it was an issue with PC supporters less likely to answer phones or more likely to answer untruthfully can be debated elsewhere), they didn't even come close to winning. Lesson learned: polls are junk and it's only the final votes that ever matter.

I've got some guys I know in Calgary, not crazy right-wing cowboys but just professional businessmen, and I can confirm this sounds about right from what I've heard.

Polling is becoming increasingly difficult in this hyper-partisan environment that is becoming dominated by cell phones and Internet phones.

Liberals are louder than ever before right now, or at least since the '70s, and that goes for all of the United States, and Canada too from what I can tell. Bottomline: Relative to liberals, moderates and conservatives know better than to speak up too much. I mean, they have better things to do than get into a [Inks] measuring contest with shrill liberals. Of course, that does not mean they will not speak up on Election Day.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies