Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 10:35:16 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  If you met Obama or Romney..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: If you met Obama or Romney..  (Read 773 times)
Clinton 2016
diskymike44
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2012, 02:00:37 pm »
Ignore

If you has just one thing to say to them what would you say?

I'd say to Obama: Hello, Mr President

I'd say to Romney: Hey Mittens spare couple bucks?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 02:07:16 pm »
Ignore

I'd say to Obama:

Hey Barack, now you can join all those millions in the unemployment lines who are unemployed because of you.   

I'd say to Romney:

Hello, Mr. President.

WORST PRESIDENT
SINCE WORLD WAR II
SJoyce of Harrenhal
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 02:50:44 pm »
Ignore

Obama: You're been as bad as Bush.

Romney: You're essentially Bush.

stegosaurus
YaBB God
United States

P P
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 02:57:49 pm »
Ignore

President Obama: "Is there any chance you could stop appearing on softball network television shows (Jimmy Kimmel, The View, Letterman, etc etc) until you have concocted discernible fiscal and foreign policies? It's getting obnoxious."

Mitt Romney: "Don't screw it up".

liberty or death.
IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi
Ben Kenobi
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 02:59:38 pm »
Ignore

Obama - "Hey can I get the name of your coke dealer? You must be on the good stuff."

Romney - "Hello, sir! Have a good day!"

"By not voting, you would let someone win who wants to destroy the regions, raise taxes, remove guns from the street, nationalize transit, expand abortion coverage, a gut the military." - Hagrid
Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 04:19:11 pm »
Ignore

Depends where...if it was just a brief encounter I would probably ask for an autograph and try to perhaps ask a question about something obscure, probably having to do with foreign policy. I don't even know where I'd start in an extended, two-bored-people-sitting-next-to-each-other-on-an-airplane-style conversation; I'd probably want to hear their life stories. My reaction to meeting big-shot politicians wouldn't differ greatly depending on who it was.

As such, the highest-ranking politician I've met was (true story here) the Mayor of East Cleveland at a fundraiser for a candidate running for the Cuyahoga County Board of something-or-other a few years back (the candidate and my mother had once been co-workers; the candidate proceeded to come in second for the Democratic nomination). The Mayor told me I had a good handshake.
Scottish Robb Stark
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 04:56:31 pm »
Ignore

Obama : "Mr. President, please wake up. America can't afford you to lose."

Romney : Nothing, ignore him.

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Fmr. President & Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 04:59:48 pm »
Ignore

Honestly...

"Keep fighting Mr President"

"Hello Governor"

Manners cost nothing...

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 05:02:01 pm »
Ignore

Obama: Go on the offensive, goddammit!

Mitt: Stop hatin' on the poors, man!

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

後援会
koenkai
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 05:14:51 pm »
Ignore

I was once half-invited to visit the White House and meet Obama. I basically turned it down. I have nothing to say to the man.

The opinions and views expressed above are mine alone and do not represent the opinions or views of any other individual, organization, or government.
Wolfentoad
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Lebanon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 05:52:00 pm »
Ignore

Obama: Hello, Mr. President

Romney: Hello, Governor

I will stay home in this next election if we do not have a conservative tea party patriot. I have had enough RINOS
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 06:21:40 pm »
Ignore

Obama: Hello, Mr. President

Romney: Hello, Governor

Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 07:39:53 pm »
Ignore

Mitt Romney is not a governor. He is an ex-governor. The governor of Massachusetts is Deval Patrick.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 07:57:24 pm »
Ignore

Mitt Romney is not a governor. He is an ex-governor. The governor of Massachusetts is Deval Patrick.

In America, ex-politicians are generally called by their most recent office held as a matter of courtesy, which is why (for instance) Bill Clinton is still introduced as President Clinton and Mitt Romney is still Governor Romney.
oakvale
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 08:12:31 pm »
Ignore

In America, ex-politicians are generally called by their most recent office held as a matter of courtesy, which is why (for instance) Bill Clinton is still introduced as President Clinton and Mitt Romney is still Governor Romney.

I've always thought it's a pretty ridiculous custom. You don't see the BBC calling Tony Blair the Prime Minister, for example.

Seriously, go die in a ditch, anti-semitic scumbag.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 08:15:17 pm »
Ignore

I've always thought it's a pretty ridiculous custom. You don't see the BBC calling Tony Blair the Prime Minister, for example.

Thankfully the UK doesn't have ridiculous titles given for life.
patrick1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 08:19:30 pm »
Ignore

Well played HTMLdon, good to see you around btw.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 08:23:39 pm »
Ignore

Well played HTMLdon, good to see you around btw.

Thanks!  I'm just trying to get something placed in the Naso comedy thread that isn't laughing AT me Smiley
Maxy
mah519
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 09:26:06 pm »
Ignore

Obama: What the hell happened between the time you were outraged by Bushes violations to civil liberties to jumping off the bridge and getting even worse?

Romney: Who are you REALLY? Ted Kennedy, or Rick Santorum? Maybe Mike Huckabee? or Barack Obama?

Statesman
Rookie
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 09:36:29 pm »
Ignore

Obama - "Hey can I get the name of your coke dealer? You must be on the good stuff."

Uh... cocaine's a stimulant... if this comment's related to the debates, you might want to take into account that Obama looked like he needed a cup of coffee... if you're trying to sound clever, you're failing miserably. I've been around people who've done coke (thankfully I never did it myself), and they were the opposite of how Obama was on stage.

Anyway

To Mr. Obama - "Throw a punch next time."

To Mr. Romney - "You will never be my president."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 09:41:13 pm by Statesman »Logged

Economic Score: -7.81
Social Score: -8.61
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 12:39:00 am »
Ignore

Obama: Thank you for your service. Everybody knows the last five years have been tough for you and your family, but America will always like you and wish you well.

Romney: God bless America, Mr. President!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 12:46:57 am by Politico »Logged

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 01:15:48 am »

Can't think of anything clever to say to either of them.  So I'd say that itís a ó itís a non sequitur, itís a null set kind of question.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 01:20:41 am »
Ignore

Obama - "It's an honor to meet you, Mr. President."

Romney - "It's an honor to meet you, Governor Romney."

And let face it, if it came down to it, just about everyone on here would say the same thing.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
ChanDan

Political Matrix
E: -4.84, S: -8.61

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 01:42:53 am »
Ignore

And let face it, if it came down to it, just about everyone on here would say the same thing.
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 02:30:03 am »
Ignore

When I met each of them those are the exact words I used except it was Senator Obama, not Mr. President, at the time.

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout