Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 09:58:56 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: True Federalist, Former Moderate, Badger)
| | |-+  Stewart vs. O'Reilly today at 8 PM EST
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stewart vs. O'Reilly today at 8 PM EST  (Read 294 times)
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2012, 03:10:34 pm »
Ignore

http://www.therumble2012.com/index.html

This is gonna be awesome. Certainly way better than the Presidential debate, anyways. Tongue

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 03:38:12 pm »
Ignore

Anybody else is going to be watching this?

22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

It really is.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 07:19:24 pm »
Ignore

The link to the live stream isn't working. Sh*t. Sad

It really is.

Citizen Alfred
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 07:27:36 pm »
Ignore

Trying the link now. I think HuffPost has live updates, I might check that.

Nope, still doesn't work.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

Citizen Alfred
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 07:28:15 pm »
Ignore

OK, HuffPost is good. Ish.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

memphis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -3.83

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 07:33:14 pm »
Ignore

NPR had a debate today between Jill Stein and Gary Johnson. It was very refreshing to hear two politicians speak so frankly and honestly. I sure as heck wouldn't vote for either, but I enjoyed their mutual candor.

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I will get up and move around every now and then so I reduce the chances to get hit with another Grade 8 headache in the morning.
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 08:37:14 pm »
Ignore

Well, lost the first 30 minutes but it was OK afterwards. Really entertaining. And, I might be biased, but Jon completely annihilated O'Reilly. This guy is just too good at irony.

It really is.

Redalgo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 09:28:41 pm »
Ignore

I was thoroughly entertained and, aside from that, genuinely surprised to see Jon defend social democracy in a way so unlikely to alienate mainstream viewers in the States. My real-time feed of the debate was choppy (especially the audio), so I missed some bits and pieces of it along the way. Nonetheless, I honestly liked this event more than the debate featuring Obama and Romney.

"I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to see realized." ~ Nelson Mandela
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 10:05:46 pm »
Ignore

Nonetheless, I honestly liked this event more than the debate featuring Obama and Romney.

Not even close! The Obama-Romney debate was genuinely boring.

It really is.

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 12:02:32 am »
Ignore

Just downloaded the whole debate. Stewart's opening statement was just magnificent.

It really is.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout