Massive movement towards Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:10:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Massive movement towards Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Massive movement towards Romney  (Read 1496 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: October 06, 2012, 06:13:40 PM »

The current situation is not analogous to 2004. In 2004, a strong majority expected Kerry to out-debate Bush, which happened. In contrast, everybody except Winfield and I expected Obama to clean Romney's clocks. The exact opposite happened. CNN's polling dating back to 1984 never showed over 60% of viewers declaring somebody the winner of a debate. Romney achieved 67%. Absolutely devastating for Obama..
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 12:23:44 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 01:36:09 AM by Politico »

Any word yet on Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Oregon?

I had been saying for weeks that the debate would go well, but even I am in awe...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 12:27:56 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 01:32:05 AM by Politico »

On the flipside though, if Romney's performance even polls even with Obama's at that debate, it will not be a good sign for the president. Foreign policy is all he's got.

Libya will be a problem.

Another thing the Democrats are foolishly clinging to: The hope that Romney only prepared for one debate.

The fact of the matter is that Romney spent an unprecedented amount of time and resources preparing for all three debates. Now anything can happen in the next two debates, but I've said it before and I'll say it again (now that it may no longer fall on deaf ears): Romney is a man on a mission. He is, quite simply, the political version of Rambo/Rocky.

The type of dedication to language arts and psychology is impressive enough, especially for a Republican campaign. But, most important of all, the Romney campaign is thinking at the margin every which way possible. They're running myriad econometric models, using linear programming principles with regards to applied resources before and on Election Day, etc.--the types of things that the Chicago guys in the Obama camp could never comprehend, let alone match, even if they spent the next four years studying the work. And Romney is the leader behind it all, the one man that everybody on the team would do anything for...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies