Massive movement towards Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:25:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Massive movement towards Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Massive movement towards Romney  (Read 1476 times)
Hoverbored123
Rookie
United States

« on: October 07, 2012, 08:04:00 AM »

Only time will tell what the full effect of the debate is, but it's impossible to deny that Romney did himself some good.  To be fair, part of it may be due to expectations, but after re-watching part of the debate tonight, I've concluded that Romney did a legitimately good job, even if not at the Reagan-in-'80 level.  What impressed me most about it was how effectively he came back from each attack and accusation the president put out, making clear points of his own, not to mention that he was more relaxed and confident.  The president's body language was not at all reassuring; like Jimmy Carter in 1980, he talked like a "loser" (strictly in terms of body language, mind you). 

The strength of Romney's performance was not only style-wise; he made substantive points that viewers seemed to connect with.  He dispelled a lot of hearsay about him being an emotionless plutocrat and proved himself to be a viable alternative to Obama in the minds of viewers.  For this reason, I think the comparison to 1980 is a least somewhat apt.  Also, I don't think this is just a "bounce," personally; with this debate, Romney has fundamentally shifted people's perception of himself in a way that will help him enormously. 

A Romney victory is far from a done deal, but I'm convinced it's more than possible. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies