Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2014, 10:09:58 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  How long will Romney's bounce last?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: How long will Romney's bounce last?  (Read 723 times)
Clinton 2016
diskymike44
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2012, 05:55:16 pm »
Ignore

How long will it last?
Yank2133
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:19:35 pm »
Ignore

If Reuters and PPP are any indication, Mitt may have peaked on Friday.
Wolfentoad
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Lebanon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 06:20:10 pm »
Ignore

Until Obama stops being an incompetent idiot and starts doing well in debates.

I will stay home in this next election if we do not have a conservative tea party patriot. I have had enough RINOS
J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 09:47:41 pm »
Ignore

October 27, 2019.  Smiley

Seriously, I would not enter panic mode if I were a Democrat just yet.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 09:50:03 pm »
Ignore

Till the VP debate.

Bernie would probably win Vermont if Obama were deemed to have more than 272 evs in the vag.
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 09:51:08 pm »
Ignore

I don't think this is a bounce. I think it's a perspective change. Mitt Romney spent 90 minutes making himself look like a credibe and smart president. If you ask me, it's going to stick. People have always wanted an alternative to Obama, except, until now, Romney never looked like he'd be worth it. Suddenly, he's Ronald Reagan.

fezzyfestoon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 09:52:07 pm »
Ignore

I think this polling change may be more of a course-correct than a bump. He was sagging disproportionately and is now polling where he objectively should be. Well, as objectively as you can in such an obnoxiously unrealistic and dishonest Presidential shet-show of a campaign. Romney should be within one or two points of Obama considering the current climate.
Senator-elect Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 09:58:15 pm »
Ignore

I don't think this is a bounce. I think it's a perspective change. Mitt Romney spent 90 minutes making himself look like a credibe and smart president. If you ask me, it's going to stick. People have always wanted an alternative to Obama, except, until now, Romney never looked like he'd be worth it. Suddenly, he's Ronald Reagan.

Don't go nuts ... we have no idea what this is yet - anything else is just wishful thinking

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
Skill and Chance
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 10:10:17 pm »
Ignore

Random possibilities in declining or increasing order of preference depending on your side:

1. October 12th, 2012- Biden doesn't make as much of a fool of himself as the audience expects

2. October 16th, 2012- At the town hall: "If you're unemployed, why are you here whining to me?  That's your problem, not mine!"

3. October 2nd, 2013- Syriza wins Greek election, announces independence and printing of Drachmas.  Dow -1500 on the day, -3700 on the week.  Democrats sweep every statewide office in NJ and VA.  

4. April 7th, 2020- Senator Todd Akin clinches the Republican nomination against Vice President Ryan.  His Democratic opponent, the first female nominee, leads him by 56/35 in the polls.

5. August 28th, 2024- Julian Castro emerges from the DNC in Austin with his first polling lead of the year over President Ryan.
JFK-Democrat
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 10:14:06 pm »
Ignore

Wait another week and we will know the answer to your question. Obama basically negated alot of the good work his campaign did during the summer with a lackluster performance. He needs to come roaring back during the next debate to even this up, but don't be surprised if Mitt Zombie takes the lead before the next debate.

Obama could change the dynamics of this race by asking the voters one simple question:  " do you want to give control of the federal government to the party who's policies brought us to the brink of the 2nd Great Depression?"  Or talk about the 47%...but I am sure he won't.

We in this country, in this generation, are -by destiny rather than choice- the watchmen on the walls of world freedom. We ask, therefore, that we may be worthy of our power and responsibility, that we may exercise our strength with wisdom and restraint, and that we may achieve in our time and for all time the ancient vision of "peace on earth, good will toward men".   Remarks Prepared for Delivery at the Trade Mart in Dallas, November 22, 1963
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.09

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 10:17:45 pm »
Ignore

Till the VP debate.

Mhm.

Vacationing in New Jersey 08/23-08/30

Also, it's so R-Money to unabashedly ruin a thousand dollar suit with ice water and laugh about it.
Wolfentoad
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Lebanon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 10:20:13 pm »
Ignore

You were seemed reasonable until you said that. Seriously bro, you're delusioned if you think he's a Ronald Reagan.

I will stay home in this next election if we do not have a conservative tea party patriot. I have had enough RINOS
Likely Voter
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 10:21:42 pm »
Ignore

A key indicator will be to keep an eye on Obama's approval rating. While he has taken a hit on the ballot test in both Rasmussen and Gallup he remains at 50% with both (both still have pre-debate data). PPP"s WI poll has Obama at 49. If he can stay in the 49/50 range then the race will likely snap back to the Obama +1 range (I'm assuming Romney's bounce will take him to a tie race or even Romney +1 sometime this week)

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 10:52:31 pm »
Ignore

You were seemed reasonable until you said that. Seriously bro, you're delusioned if you think he's a Ronald Reagan.

I don't believe he is, but he certainly used those 90 minutes to make himself look Reaganesque amongst the voters.

NHI
YaBB God

P
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 11:00:02 pm »
Ignore

This

‎"Our president thinks this country's in decline. It is if he's president. It's not if I'm president." -- Mitt Romney

J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 11:25:25 pm »
Ignore

Till the VP debate.

In 2020?  Smiley

Seriously, the VP debate will have very little effect, no matter what.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 01:19:23 am »
Ignore

This

Seconded.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Romney will be the Reagan of the 21st Century!

God bless America!

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
Orion0
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 6.06, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 01:31:08 am »
Ignore

This

Seconded.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Romney will be the Reagan of the 21st Century!

God bless America!

Third this. All of it. A lot of people's eyes are now opened (or slowly opening) to the fact that under Romney America could once again be a beacon of liberty and prosperity. That's a hard shine to wear down in under a month when it didn't happen over the last 8. Reaganesque is a great word to describe him. He's no Reagan, but he's damn close.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 01:34:47 am »
Ignore

Till the VP debate.

In 2020?  Smiley

Seriously, the VP debate will have very little effect, no matter what.

I know what you mean. I just say with the outcome that I think would happen plus the slow deflation of the bounce would get us back to where we were a little before the conventions. It depends how big Romney's bounce is though and if I am right.

Bernie would probably win Vermont if Obama were deemed to have more than 272 evs in the vag.
HockeyDude
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.19, S: -8.78

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 05:57:01 am »
Ignore

It lasted 34 hours until the jobs report. 

I have an important announcement.  I have officially set a date for the erection
pbrower2a
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 08:06:49 am »
Ignore

I think this polling change may be more of a course-correct than a bump. He was sagging disproportionately and is now polling where he objectively should be. Well, as objectively as you can in such an obnoxiously unrealistic and dishonest Presidential shet-show of a campaign. Romney should be within one or two points of Obama considering the current climate.

Romney did not change. All that he did was to repackage himself and deny earlier positions. He has done that before, and he has typically faded soon afterward.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
Corporate Worship
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 11:13:11 am »
Ignore

It's probably a dead cat bounce. Obama's approvals are still in the 50% zone.

Gass3268
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 01:17:48 pm »
Ignore

Yeah once the excellent job numbers came out the bounce died.
realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 3.48

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 01:19:24 pm »
Ignore

The debate-bounce is over, but he could get another one if Obama continues to not show up at the debates.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Gass3268
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 01:21:10 pm »
Ignore

The debate-bounce is over, but he could get another one if Obama continues to not show up at the debates.

I would agree with this point, but I don't think we'll see the same Obama in the next debates.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout