PPP Wisconsin: Obama 49-47
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:58:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP Wisconsin: Obama 49-47
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PPP Wisconsin: Obama 49-47  (Read 3650 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2012, 06:05:50 PM »
« edited: October 06, 2012, 06:27:04 PM by Clinton1996 "Sec. of Explaining Stuff" »

No link yet, but Obama still clings to a small lead in the Badger state, 49-47. That's a tightening from a 7 point lead in late September, 52-45. No link yet. But it seems that Friday was a worse polling day in the state for him and that the Saturday interviews looked more like the pre-debate ones.
EDIT: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/10/obama-lead-down-to-2-in-wisconsin.html
Breath a sigh of relief my fellow Democrats.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
But Mitts favorables have shifted from an underwater 44-51 to 49-58. White voters have gone from favoring Obama by 5 to supporting Romney by 3. That's a net -8 from the President.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:07:30 PM »

Yeah, it seems Friday must of have been the best polling day for Mitt this entire election.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 06:09:56 PM »

I actually predicted that exact result on another forum! damn, why didn't I do it here.

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 06:20:45 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hmmm... Wink
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 06:31:33 PM »

Big Birds Fav numbers among the WI GOP:

37/12

What is wrong with these people?
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »

Wow. Now this is what a bounce looks like.

Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 06:44:25 PM »

Good bounce for Mitt but if he's still down here after that debate it doesn't look terribly promising.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 06:47:19 PM »

Looking at the internals... Obama's increased his position among Indies, but Romney has consolidated his support among the GOP... and some Dems may have shifted to the undecideds...
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 06:55:01 PM »

Very good numbers or Romney. I believe He can still win this state.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 08:02:11 PM »

Good news, let's see if Romney can keep it up. Not winning Badgerland except as 293/297.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 08:13:32 PM »

It's a good number for sure, but if it's true Romney peaked on Friday - he'll have to do really well to maintain momentum.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 08:43:30 PM »

Wow. It's worse than I thought. Looks like opebo was right: complete collapse with white voters. If it's this bad in Wisconsin, a relatively racially enlightened state, I'd hate to see the numbers in Ohio or Virginia.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 08:48:56 PM »

Wow. It's worse than I thought. Looks like opebo was right: complete collapse with white voters. If it's this bad in Wisconsin, a relatively racially enlightened state, I'd hate to see the numbers in Ohio or Virginia.

Oh just relax lol
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 08:50:01 PM »

Well, it is a bounce, but there is no guarantee it will hold.

And Lief, take a pill.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 08:54:46 PM »

Obebo is a sage when it comes to the white voter. When he says whites aren't gonna vote for you. You can take it to the bank.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2012, 09:05:01 PM by Former President Polnut »

Apart from 2008 of course...

The white voter has been especially skittish this year, they were behind Obama, then Romney, then back to Obama and now back to Romney - there's absolutely no reason to assume they can't move again in a month...
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 12:30:32 AM »

If Romney is not up here currently, he is not winning it without winning the PV. It all comes down to Ohio.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 12:57:24 AM »

If Romney is not up here currently, he is not winning it without winning the PV. It all comes down to Ohio.

We could see an expanding base for Romney as well.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 01:01:58 AM »

In terms of states? What other states besides Wisconsin are you looking at? Obviously states like VA, IA, CO and FL on their own aren't going to cut it for Romney, though they are prerequisites. Adding NH to that list doesn't work. NV and WI are the only ones who work and I do think Romney has a better chance in WI than NV. This poll shows that WI is not a Romney state even when he is in a strong position, thus I think OH is still the key. And although I do think Opebo is trolling with his "racist whites" meme, in OH it might actually affect the race. The type of people Obama needs to win in OH tend to not like Blacks.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 01:08:15 AM »

In terms of states? What other states besides Wisconsin are you looking at? Obviously states like VA, IA, CO and FL on their own aren't going to cut it for Romney, though they are prerequisites. Adding NH to that list doesn't work. NV and WI are the only ones who work and I do think Romney has a better chance in WI than NV. This poll shows that WI is not a Romney state even when he is in a strong position, thus I think OH is still the key. And although I do think Opebo is trolling with his "racist whites" meme, in OH it might actually affect the race. The type of people Obama needs to win in OH tend to not like Blacks.

I mean Romney could also be broadening his support.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 05:22:35 AM »

Do any of the Republicans in this forum outside of JJ and Phil have ANYTHING to contribute outside of "GOOD NEWS"?

and any bounce from the debate Romney got is washed out by the jobs report.  People flocked to Romney for 2 days because he made a great (BS, mind you) case that the economy was going to sh**t.  Friday negated that.  Obama by 5.5 on election day. 
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 08:52:27 AM »

I mean Romney could also be broadening his support.

What exactly do you mean by this? Romney can win an unexpected state when the PV is basically tied?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 08:53:11 AM »

Do any of the Republicans in this forum outside of JJ and Phil have ANYTHING to contribute outside of "GOOD NEWS"?

and any bounce from the debate Romney got is washed out by the jobs report.  People flocked to Romney for 2 days because he made a great (BS, mind you) case that the economy was going to sh**t.  Friday negated that.  Obama by 5.5 on election day. 

No "negation," so far.  2/3 of Rasmussen sample has been after the jobs number, and it is unchanged.

Also keep in mind that Obama can claim that unemployment is no worse when he took office.  He can't claim it is better than when he took office.  Bush did get reelected, however, with worse numbers (though not as bad).
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 08:54:44 AM »

What exactly do you mean by this? Romney can win an unexpected state when the PV is basically tied?

He could be attracting undecides. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 10:00:19 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 10:05:02 AM by Mr.Phips »

and any bounce from the debate Romney got is washed out by the jobs report.  People flocked to Romney for 2 days because he made a great (BS, mind you) case that the economy was going to sh**t.  Friday negated that.  Obama by 5.5 on election day.  

You mean the jimmied up jobs report?  The unemployment rate does not fall by almost half a percentage point without the economy creating 300,000+ jobs.  It just doesnt happen.  

Im nearly 100% certain that the Obama administration played around with these numbers in order to get a result that Obama wanted before the election.  You cant change the number of jobs created, but you can change the rate.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies