Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2014, 12:19:10 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  Should Obama just drop out and let Hillary Clinton take over?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Should Obama just drop out and let Hillary Clinton take over?  (Read 1073 times)
Mister Twister
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2012, 09:38:42 am »
Ignore

Romney is surging and I don't see how Obama is going to perform any better at the next two debates.
Earthling
YaBB God
Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 09:41:57 am »
Ignore

Why not? He may not be the best debater but he is certainly better than he showed last Wednesday.

I am confident he will be back for the second debate. He knows he screwed up.

There's no I in team, but there is a ME

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 10:30:01 am »
Ignore

Lmao.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
They call me PR
Progressive Realist
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 10:32:02 am »
Ignore

CALM DOWN.
Hoverbored123
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 10:37:56 am »
Ignore

I know Democrats are discouraged, but let's not lose our heads... Wink

"Silliness- the last refuge of the doomed."

-Berkeley Breathed

J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 10:49:25 am »
Ignore

Romney is surging and I don't see how Obama is going to perform any better at the next two debates.

Since when is +2 "surging?"

CALM DOWN.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
Hoverbored123
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 10:55:12 am »
Ignore

I will say this: if Obama loses the second debate, he's in a bad place.  If he loses all three debates, he's as good as finished.

"Silliness- the last refuge of the doomed."

-Berkeley Breathed

wan
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 10:59:24 am »
Ignore

Romney still has a electoral-disadvantage. Swing states are called swing states for a reason romney could be up today. And next week we could be writing something different.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
YaBB God
Spain

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 11:19:15 am »
Ignore

Hahaha are you crazy? I've always thought you're Rhodie/KenyanObama/Dixie pretending you are a democrat. I'm almost sure now :p

My evolution (by The Political Matrix):
E: -6.06 -> -6.97 -> -6.97 -> -8.13 -> -7.29 -> -8.26 -> -8.65 -> -7.03
S: -6.78 -> -6.09 -> -7.30 -> -7.13 -> -8.09 -> -8.35 -> -9.04 -> -8.61
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 11:29:00 am »
Ignore

Yes

wan
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 11:32:39 am »
Ignore

/
Hahaha are you crazy? I've always thought you're Rhodie/KenyanObama/Dixie pretending you are a democrat. I'm almost sure now :p

Are you referring to me??Sorry if i confused you. I am a independent obama supporter. How am i crazy?? I was saying that polls change everyday in swing states since the republicans thank romney has this in the bag. They just better hope obama don't retake the lead because if he does it's over. I hope joe biden wins the next debate
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 12:08:36 pm »
Ignore

Ugh. Go away, BritishDixie.
ShadowOfTheWave
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 12:25:57 pm »
Ignore

Romney is surging? I wasn't aware.
Frodo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 12:40:25 pm »
Ignore

LOL at this thread and the thread creator. 

Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 01:41:50 pm »
Ignore

/

Are you referring to me??Sorry if i confused you. I am a independent obama supporter. How am i crazy?? I was saying that polls change everyday in swing states since the republicans thank romney has this in the bag. They just better hope obama don't retake the lead because if he does it's over. I hope joe biden wins the next debate

No, he was referring to the OP. Unless your post is quoted, you shouldn't assume the poster after you is necessarily referring to you.

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Wolfentoad
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Lebanon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 02:17:11 pm »
Ignore

Troll question. Not applicable 30 days before the election. 200 days, maybe. 30, no.

I will stay home in this next election if we do not have a conservative tea party patriot. I have had enough RINOS
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -4.35

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 03:15:45 pm »
Ignore

This question is dumb, but in fairness when I watched the Democratic Primary process in 2008 Hillary was clearly a better debater.  Because Obama was clearly better at giving speeches than Hillary, this seemed to be overlooked.

To my eye, it looked like Obama fell into the same debate trap that has snared so many incumbent presidents -- distracted by his day job, rusty debate skills and a sheltered life inside the presidential bubble.  George Condon has a good article about why incumbent presidents fall flat in their first reelection debate.  It was written on Oct. 1, before the debate, and was quite prescient in suggesting why Obama was likely to lose.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/why-incumbents-lose-presidential-debates-20120927

I hereby declare martial law in this forum
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 03:20:17 pm »
Ignore

Only if Romney drops out as well and endorses Gary Johnson.
Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 03:36:02 pm »
Ignore

Last week was the best debate model for Romney. Foreign policy usually favors the incumbent (especially when that incumbent got Bin Laden), and the third debate is a town hall-style, which is also not in Romney's favor.

J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 03:48:17 pm »
Ignore

Last week was the best debate model for Romney. Foreign policy usually favors the incumbent (especially when that incumbent got Bin Laden), and the third debate is a town hall-style, which is also not in Romney's favor.

Two problems:

1.  Libya.

2.  The Arab Spring/now Late summer.

I also would not discount Romney's abilities in a town hall.  He's been doing a lot of that.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
Invisible Obama
DrScholl
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 03:50:22 pm »
Ignore

Problem is, Romney has zero foreign policy experience and he showed that when he smiled about what happened in Libya during that press conference.
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 03:54:24 pm »
Ignore

Obama did not just lose; it is becoming increasingly clear that he was defeated like no president since George H.W. Bush, if not Jimmy Carter. The image they built up about Romney, telling everybody for months that Romney is some kind of risky monster--well, that image was destroyed once and for all (it was merely a figment of Democrats' wild imaginations). As a result, Team Obama has ZERO credibility with Independents now. These Independents were expecting to see Donald Trump versus "Hope and Change." Instead, they saw Reagan Vs. Carter set in 2012. They are startled that they were fooled so badly by Obama's Hype Machine.

To summarize: One, Independents will not be fooled again. Most of them are pretty much lost to Romney moving forward. Two, I do not see how Democrats can get as fired up as Republicans are right now, especially when you consider that there are only four weeks to go. I mean, it's not like Obama's pro-gay marriage plank would legalize gay marriage across the nation, and there's really nothing else there to fire up Democrats moving forward (And Biden killed that momentum tactic back in May). Three, I have never seen Republicans so fired up before, 1980/1984/1994/2004/2010 included.

Bottomline: In the next debate, Obama needs to somehow match or surpass what Romney accomplished in the first debate. He needs THE performance of his entire career. If he fails to do this, the question on everybody's mind will start becoming "how badly will Obama lose?" not "can Obama bounce back?"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:58:56 pm by Politico »Logged

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
Pictor Ignotus
TCash101
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 04:28:08 pm »
Ignore

LOL. Romney has had dozens of these "bad moments" in the campaign. I think Obama's allowed one without being written off.

Renew our Democracy!
ShadowOfTheWave
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 05:18:37 pm »
Ignore

Obama did not just lose; it is becoming increasingly clear that he was defeated like no president since George H.W. Bush, if not Jimmy Carter. The image they built up about Romney, telling everybody for months that Romney is some kind of risky monster--well, that image was destroyed once and for all (it was merely a figment of Democrats' wild imaginations). As a result, Team Obama has ZERO credibility with Independents now. These Independents were expecting to see Donald Trump versus "Hope and Change." Instead, they saw Reagan Vs. Carter set in 2012. They are startled that they were fooled so badly by Obama's Hype Machine.

To summarize: One, Independents will not be fooled again. Most of them are pretty much lost to Romney moving forward. Two, I do not see how Democrats can get as fired up as Republicans are right now, especially when you consider that there are only four weeks to go. I mean, it's not like Obama's pro-gay marriage plank would legalize gay marriage across the nation, and there's really nothing else there to fire up Democrats moving forward (And Biden killed that momentum tactic back in May). Three, I have never seen Republicans so fired up before, 1980/1984/1994/2004/2010 included.

Bottomline: In the next debate, Obama needs to somehow match or surpass what Romney accomplished in the first debate. He needs THE performance of his entire career. If he fails to do this, the question on everybody's mind will start becoming "how badly will Obama lose?" not "can Obama bounce back?"

So where is Romney's big bounce? Why hasn't he taken the lead yet?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
YaBB God
Spain

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 05:32:53 pm »
Ignore

/

I was referring to the OP, as Antonio said: You're a great poster Wink

My evolution (by The Political Matrix):
E: -6.06 -> -6.97 -> -6.97 -> -8.13 -> -7.29 -> -8.26 -> -8.65 -> -7.03
S: -6.78 -> -6.09 -> -7.30 -> -7.13 -> -8.09 -> -8.35 -> -9.04 -> -8.61
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout