Colorado: Romney's Comeback State?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:10:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Colorado: Romney's Comeback State?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Colorado: Romney's Comeback State?  (Read 1583 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 05:02:47 AM »

Hahaha a republican gay? That's like being a black Mormon (Mia Love LoL) or a communist millionaire. It doesn't make sense. Obama is fighting for the rights of gay people, Romney, as a republican AND a Mormon, will fight against your rights.

Oh. and you're saying Obama will never approve the Gay Marriage because after that gays will become republicans. Well, here in Spain gays still vote PSOE after Zapatero let them marry Wink And they're usually rich people here, too.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 06:20:25 AM »

If you're rich, equal rights don't matter
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 07:25:57 AM »
« Edited: October 06, 2012, 07:31:32 AM by The Stench »

I'm a homo and no matter what the dems could tell me about marriage my vote would go to Romney/Ryan this cycle. Once gay marriage is legal in the whole country dems wouldn't be able to keep the homo voting bloc, which is why they will never act on it

Right. Just like the "homo" vote in our native Canada migrated en masse to the Tories after same-sex marriage here was passed years ago, n'est-ce-pas? Just because you want so desperately for a right-wing politician to win, don't think other "homos" would be as enthusiastic as you to do so.

Actually, it's sad, really. "Homos" like Orion0 suffer from this pathetic Stockholm Syndrome. "We need a job first so we can then marry"? Barf. And just because a country has same-sex marriage, don't act like all gay issues are now resolved and it's "homos" would now love to vote for right-wingers. Health issues (AIDS, sexual diseases, health care for seniors with no children or spouse), homelessness (especially among youth), international affairs (gay refugees, binational couples, gay immigrants)... they won't deliver on that. They don't care. And just because you don't care, and you clearly don't, don't talk about "homos" like they're a big uniform bloc.

Homocons will always be there to kiss the boots that step on them.
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 6.06, S: -5.74

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 11:06:09 AM »

Right. Just like the "homo" vote in our native Canada migrated en masse to the Tories after same-sex marriage here was passed years ago, n'est-ce-pas? Just because you want so desperately for a right-wing politician to win, don't think other "homos" would be as enthusiastic as you to do so.
Why homo in quotes there? You clearly have some reservations with independent minded souls, and you further this claim by identifying with a homogenous representation of homosexual thoughts and actions. If we all act and think the same it fits much better with your discriminatory ways. And for the record Canada has experienced a split, homos vote for all parties as much as you cling to the assumption we all vote NDP or whatever your left wing noggin would like to believe.

Actually, it's sad, really. "Homos" like Orion0 suffer from this pathetic Stockholm Syndrome. "We need a job first so we can then marry"? Barf. And just because a country has same-sex marriage, don't act like all gay issues are now resolved and it's "homos" would now love to vote for right-wingers. Health issues (AIDS, sexual diseases, health care for seniors with no children or spouse), homelessness (especially among youth), international affairs (gay refugees, binational couples, gay immigrants)... they won't deliver on that. They don't care. And just because you don't care, and you clearly don't, don't talk about "homos" like they're a big uniform bloc.
Don't barf, this forum is already filled with enough ignoramuses spewing various bodily fluids at the screen. And of course there are always other issues that matter, my point was that in this cycle in the states there are vitally more important issues to be discussed than "ooh will Obama support gay marriage or not?" especially given that zero action will be taken nationally by the Obama admin. and again, you're the only one proposing that all homos vote left because of their sexuality, not me, I said we are not a solid voting bloc.

Hahaha a republican gay? That's like being a black Mormon (Mia Love LoL) or a communist millionaire. It doesn't make sense. Obama is fighting for the rights of gay people, Romney, as a republican AND a Mormon, will fight against your rights.

Oh. and you're saying Obama will never approve the Gay Marriage because after that gays will become republicans. Well, here in Spain gays still vote PSOE after Zapatero let them marry Wink And they're usually rich people here, too.
Plenty of gay republicans, check log cabin. Communist millionaires? There have been plenty! Hello, china is chock full of millionaires. Your argument is weak, and I can't help but make the comparison but if gays voted for the party that gave them marriage then the liberals in Canada would have better support in the homo community.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 08:27:25 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2012, 08:29:23 AM by Holmes »

You sure typed a lot yet said a lot of nothing. You still didn't address my point that same-sex marriage isn't the only issue gay issue that gay men and women care about, and that right-wing politicians wouldn't deliver on them. And did I ever say we're a voting bloc? Just because in the US, not voting for a right-wing party means voting for the Democrats most of the time, doesn't make it true in most other countries. (Left wing noggin... I like that. Even Earl says I'm not that left-wing sometimes!)

If I recall, you were the one who brought up that you're not supporting Obama because same-sex marriage isn't a big issue this election, and other gay voters should follow suit. You basically perpetuated the stereotype that gay voters only care about same-sex marriage (and Obama can't deliver), and you doubled down in your next post too. I don't care if gay voters want to vote for fiscally conservative politicians, but in the US and Canada, voting for Republicans and Tories is detrimental. Unless they come out and say, "we know it's not in the best interest of the gay community, but we're voting our pocketbook",  I can't respect homocons.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies