Obama's White Support Is Too Low to Win (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:28:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama's White Support Is Too Low to Win (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama's White Support Is Too Low to Win  (Read 1404 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: October 07, 2012, 12:17:48 PM »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/06/22/obamas_white_support_is_too_low_to_win_2012_romney_white_male_gap_white_women_kuhn_114579.html
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 12:29:36 PM »

Obama currently has 40-43% of Whites, according to recent national surveys by CNN and Quinnipiac, with up to 5% still undecided.

Obama got 43% in 2008, so he's perfectly fine with Whites at the moment.

They say he only needs 40% nationally.  We'll see!  Of course it really depends on the state by state situation - would love to know what he got/needs in Ohio and Wisconsin.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 07:01:44 AM »

This  shows the power of the minority vote, we are really into uncharted territory in American history. Will this eventually produce a white backlash and cause whites to start voting as a bloc .

The scenario where the nation as a whole follows, say the Georgia model.  I could see it very easily occurring, though obviously there will always be a fairly large 'liberal' white group.  Here's my guess as to the 'majority minority states' by 2050 (some demographers predict we will be liberated from white-majority well before that, but nearly all see the US being liberated by 2050).  The red are already majority minority states, the green will be free of white domination by 2050 (or well before), the gray I'm not sure about or believe it will be close to 50/50:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies