PPP Virginia: Obama Still Ahead, 50-47 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:46:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP Virginia: Obama Still Ahead, 50-47 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP Virginia: Obama Still Ahead, 50-47  (Read 2954 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: October 07, 2012, 07:53:09 PM »

It's a bit weird that WI is tighter than VA. Were the polls both done over the same three days?

It doesn't surprise me. Virginia has been perhaps the fastest Democratic-trending state of the past 5-6 years. I think it's more or less reached stability, but could become 1-2 points more Democratic by 2016.

This is great news. There's no way Romney can win without OH/VA, unless he sweeps NC, WI, FL, IA, NV, CO & one of the following - MN, NH, PA, MI or NM.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 02:28:54 AM »

I'm wondering if there are quite a few examples. Georgia has some examples of this trend; when you factor out suburbs in Georgia that have less than 80% white population, you see some slightly smaller Democratic vote tallies in the northern and southwestern suburbs of Atlanta when compared to nearby rural areas. You also see the same trend around Columbus, Augusta, and Savannah, with the rural areas becoming slightly more Democratic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies