Mitt Romney gains his first lead on RCP!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:40:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney gains his first lead on RCP!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mitt Romney gains his first lead on RCP!  (Read 2396 times)
Jacob
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 02:08:43 PM »

Can you picture a pig rolling around in mud with a Glenn Beck shirt on? That's what I'm picturing.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 02:12:43 PM »

And it is through appearance - closely juxtapositioned on the stage - that we see the trigger pulled in those white voters well conditioned 'minds'.

seriously?

Yes, this election is 100% about race.

A good thing too! Finally we'll defeat the Kenyan Muslim! Cheesy

Hi mondale84! How's the family?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 04:28:09 PM »

Not only is Romney leading again, but this is also his largest RCP lead ever - .7%. Every post-debate poll on there has Romney ahead or tied.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 04:44:15 PM »

I like how you avoided adding the 0 there.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 05:09:28 PM »

"These are all junk polls of course. Obama is still leading and will win."

It's time to take your heads out of the sand, fellow Dems. We're in big trouble.

We've known this was coming for almost a week, lol...

Trouble, yes... big trouble? no.
cavalcade

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -3.13

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 05:18:55 PM »

Hahaha Rasmussen is pulling the RCP average towards Obama.

More seriously (and, actually, relevant to the above), many of these Romney-favorable results include Friday and some of that was a bounce.  Today's Rasmussen does not.  Blue avatars should not be buying champagne and red avatars should not be buying plane tickets just yet.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 05:24:17 PM »

Hahaha Rasmussen is pulling the RCP average towards Obama.

More seriously (and, actually, relevant to the above), many of these Romney-favorable results include Friday and some of that was a bounce.  Today's Rasmussen does not.  Blue avatars should not be buying champagne and red avatars should not be buying plane tickets just yet.

Exactly... Ras is one of the few national polls which is now outside of Romney's polling peak... we'll see by Thur/Fri what the actual outcome is... there was a bounce and a swing... but since we're operating on multi-day polling and many still have the best Romney samples in them... we need to take some space.

Not dissimilar to the post-DNC bounce, we needed time to see where things lay...

If I were a Republican, I would be certainly a lot more confident than I was, but everything needs to be tempered with perspective and context.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 05:36:09 PM »

There is an irony to the whole Rasmussen thing. He is one of the only pollsters who weight for party ID. Other polls are showing huge swings to Romney are also showing huge swing in party ID. So pollsters like Pew who were supposedly in the tank and "skewing" the results are now doing the same thing but for Romney. In fact if you were to "unskew" everyone's polling to use Rasmussen's party ID you would probably still have an Obama lead on RCP....not that I think you should do that, but it's kind of funny.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 06:17:31 PM »

There is an irony to the whole Rasmussen thing. He is one of the only pollsters who weight for party ID. Other polls are showing huge swings to Romney are also showing huge swing in party ID. So pollsters like Pew who were supposedly in the tank and "skewing" the results are now doing the same thing but for Romney. In fact if you were to "unskew" everyone's polling to use Rasmussen's party ID you would probably still have an Obama lead on RCP....not that I think you should do that, but it's kind of funny.

What does unskewedpolls.com think of this? I'm curious.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 06:29:55 PM »

Rasmussen is wrong too, according them... apparently Romney wasn't tied with Obama, he was ahead by 6
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 06:36:04 PM »

Shouldn't you be saying "D'oh!"  Smiley

I'm not saying that the deluge is here, but I'd digging out my SCUBA gear. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 06:40:37 PM »

And it is through appearance - closely juxtapositioned on the stage - that we see the trigger pulled in those white voters well conditioned 'minds'.

seriously?

Jesus effing Christ, Opebo! We get it! Congratulations on about your 1000th redundant post during the last week alone pronouncing with all the ingratiating wit of a street corner evangelist that most Americans are ignorant racists who vote entirely by skin color, notwithstanding their obviously being able to do otherwise in the millions just 4 years ago.

Even IF someone agreed with you, your inserting your broken record rant into every thread with an absolute moral certainty that a discussion on Romney's gains in CO simply can't do without your chiming in and educating we collective dunces on the "realities" of race in America, would have nevertheless grown excruciating long ago from sheer repetitiveness alone.

Good God, man, either expand your argument meaningfully above the level of rote haranguing or just give it a rest already! Angry
pepper11
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 06:45:41 PM »

Excellent news. Another good debate and he will be up in the EC too.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2012, 06:46:40 PM »

Rasmussen is wrong too, according them... apparently Romney wasn't tied with Obama, he was ahead by 6

Wait, I thought the Dean Chambers guy was weighting the polls to the Rasmussen model? A few weeks ago he had Rasmussen as the only one unscrewed and every other poll weighted the way Scott does.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2012, 07:42:41 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Cocaine?
Biden 2024
wolfentoad66
Norfolk Island

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2012, 08:15:39 PM »

Sounds like the Democrats saying the polls are junk are coming back to bite them. 

True, but Republicans do the same thing, just as frequently.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2012, 08:27:21 PM »

Sounds like the Democrats saying the polls are junk are coming back to bite them.  

You never see me call the polls with Democrats or the president ahead 'junk polls'.  I just make an objective analysis.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2012, 08:30:34 PM »

You never see me call the polls with Democrats or the president ahead 'junk polls'.  I just make an objective analysis.

And I describe problems with the same poll, no matter what the result shows. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2012, 08:40:48 PM »

Obama will still win.  Obama will still win.  Obama will still win.  Obama will still win.

It doesn't matter about the debates.  It doesn't matter that Obama looked like a high school debater against a CEO.  It doesn't matter what the trends show.  It doesn't matter Romney has the momentum.

Obama will still win.  Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, Obama will still win. 

Cry     Cry     Cry     Cry     Cry     Cry
milhouse24
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2012, 09:58:55 PM »

I'm worried there will be some Race War or Race Riots if Obama loses.  There historic levels of unemployed Black people, and they probably blame Romney for being poor, more so than blaming Obama.  In cities, like DC with high Black population, I can see Black riots occurring.  The polls are skewed because people are afraid of an increase in black on black crime.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2012, 10:07:01 PM »

I'm worried there will be some Race War or Race Riots if Obama loses.  There historic levels of unemployed Black people, and they probably blame Romney for being poor, more so than blaming Obama.  In cities, like DC with high Black population, I can see Black riots occurring.  The polls are skewed because people are afraid of an increase in black on black crime.
They have nobody to blame but themselves, or lack of family helping out.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2012, 11:15:26 PM »

And if Obama wins will some crazy white guy go shoot up a movie theater, or attempt to murder their  local Congressional Representative?

According to your train of thought blacks are the only ones committing crimes in the country.
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 01:05:39 AM »

seriously?

Jesus effing Christ, Opebo! We get it! Congratulations on about your 1000th redundant post during the last week alone pronouncing with all the ingratiating wit of a street corner evangelist that most Americans are ignorant racists who vote entirely by skin color, notwithstanding their obviously being able to do otherwise in the millions just 4 years ago.

Even IF someone agreed with you, your inserting your broken record rant into every thread with an absolute moral certainty that a discussion on Romney's gains in CO simply can't do without your chiming in and educating we collective dunces on the "realities" of race in America, would have nevertheless grown excruciating long ago from sheer repetitiveness alone.

Good God, man, either expand your argument meaningfully above the level of rote haranguing or just give it a rest already! Angry

Amen. Democrats don't want any part of him.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 01:11:07 AM »

I'm not.  If Obama loses, part of it will be because of black turnout.  There is much less enthusiasm for Obama.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies