Israeli General Election 2013 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:27:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli General Election 2013 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israeli General Election 2013  (Read 71522 times)
hawkeye59
United States

« on: November 22, 2012, 02:59:02 PM »

Any chance of a Likud Beitenu-Labor-Yesh Atid coalition? By that I mean, any chance of a government formed without an ultra-orthodox party in the coalition?
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 04:57:50 PM »

Poll from Globes:

Likud Beitenu: 35
Labour: 17
JH-NU: 16
Yesh Atid: 12
Shas: 10
The Movement: 7
UTJ: 6
Meretz: 6
Hadash: 4
RAAM-TAAL: 4
Balad: 3
Ugh.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 03:34:58 PM »

I got
1. Labor
2. Ha'tunah
3. Meretz
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 08:26:33 PM »

And Netanyahu is once again ruining Israel's reputation and making most Israelis look bad, showing that the current government has no interest in peace at Bab Al-Shams. I mean, I support Israel generally, but these people are non-violent protestors.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 08:30:37 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2013, 08:32:14 PM by hawkeye59 »

Plus, they were ignoring the Israeli Supreme Court. Also, according to Haaretz, this was private Palestinian land. Danny, as an Israeli, what is your opinion on this?
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 04:47:51 PM »

Something I dont understand after reading about Israeli politics, why is it a given that Arab parties would not be invited into a coalition? With 20% of Israeli citizens being Arab it seems strange. No surprise Arab turnout is low.

The Arab parties wouldn't want to join the government, and the government doesn't want them. All the Arab parties have irreconcilably different views that would make it impossible to work together with any government.

I get why they wouldn't want to join with Likud. But why was it a given that they wouldn't join a center left government led by Lapid? Are their views any more extreme than some of the ultra right parties?

The Jewish Home Party is being talked about as a potential coalition partner with Likud even though they advocate annexing most of the West Bank and expelling the resident Palestinians...that seems pretty extreme.

From an ignorant outsider point of view it just seems odd. Is it at all controversial within Israel?

JH might want to annex some land, but they have no problem joining a government which won't do this. The Arab parties wouldn't spend a day in a government that controls the West Bank. If there was an Arab party that said that they will leave the Palestinian issue to the government and that what they care about is more funds for Arab Israelis, they would probably find themselves in the government.
Of course, that sort of party would get about 5 votes nationwide.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies