Israeli General Election 2013 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:24:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli General Election 2013 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israeli General Election 2013  (Read 71355 times)
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 01, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »

Go Meretz!
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 01:25:03 AM »

And I just read that Mitzna is now on board with Hatnua.  Facepalm.  Mitzna in a party lead by the woman that went around the world so vigorously defending Operation Cast Lead.  What has this world come to...
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 10:13:25 AM »

And I just read that Mitzna is now on board with Hatnua.  Facepalm.  Mitzna in a party lead by the woman that went around the world so vigorously defending Operation Cast Lead.  What has this world come to...

He came from the party which the had the minister of defence as its leader during cast lead, so I'm not sure this reaction is warranted.
Let me rephrase that.  Leaving his lifelong party to join a party lead by Livni.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 03:01:02 PM »

He came from the party which the had the minister of defence as its leader during cast lead, so I'm not sure this reaction is warranted.

But surely on that basis he would have left earlier anyway? Bizarre defection.

You misunderstood, As far as I know Mitzna wasn't opposed to cast lead (if he did, he couldn't have made much of a fuss about it). It's just that Mitzna's reasoning for the defection is from the left, saying that Labour has stopped talking about peace.
Which also makes it odd that he's joining a party which is pretty much all based around the personality cult of a vigorous defender of Cast Lead and the Gaza blockade.  Not to mention a former Likudnik for Pete's sake.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 04:22:03 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2013, 02:44:26 PM by Peternerdman »

Yesh Atid ahead of Labor?  Wow.  I would think that Yachimovich's leadership would be on the line right now.  Then again, those buffoons didn't get rid of Barak after 2009.  Nice to hear that Meretz did so well, though.  An appropriate smackdown for Labor though, for refusing to talk about peace.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 04:25:01 PM »

Yes, gaining seats: how completely disastrous.
Only four, and coming in 3rd when they were destined to gain official opposition status again as their first great step in their long march back to power as they once knew it?
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 07:08:57 AM »

I wonder who will take over the Labor Party now. Peretz would have been the obvious choice but he ed himself out of that. Isaac Herzog is sure to run as a boring Third Wayer again. Avishay Braverman will probably run as the economically left-wing candidate. Maybe Ophir Pines-Paz as the peace candidate?
I do too.  Though remember, Barak still managed to keep his job after the debacle known as 2009, and they didn't get rid of him until it was incredibly clear he'd sold their body, soul, and mind to the devil.  Seems to be a very...forgiving party.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 03:47:46 PM »

Hopefully not too many years now.  Another question we might soon be asking would be how long until Yesh Atid dies?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies