Does anyone else feel similar to this guy? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:34:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does anyone else feel similar to this guy? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does anyone else feel similar to this guy?  (Read 373 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: October 09, 2012, 10:18:01 PM »

Ran into him at a show about a week ago. The conversation we had reminded me of a lot of people on this forum's attitudes:

Guy: Uh, hey. Have I seen you before? You sure look familiar.
Me: Other shows around here? I go to a lot...
Guy: No it was definitely from something else. Did you go to the U?
Me: No I graduated from Mankato and have never spent much time around there.
Guy: Oh wait it was Rybak! Yeah Rybak's gubernatorial campaign in 2010! I remember you as the only other person there who know what grindcore was!
Me: Oh yes, now I remember!
Guy: So you going to *band band show shows upcoming*?
Me: Yeah I'll try to check those out. What else are you up to? I kind of want to get involved in the whole anti-amendment campaign since Obama seems to have Minnesota locked up and there aren't interesting state races...
Guy: Haha, I completely fell out of that stuff. I was doing jobs and internships for the DFL in 2010 but now I've only been focused on my band and going to shows. I haven't done any political stuff in over a year.
Me: So did you even vote in the primary?
Guy: Nah. Obviously I'll vote for Obama and against the amendments in November but I'm kind of burnt out on that stuff and not too interested in getting involved again.

And I couldn't blame him. Honestly I feel kind of the same way. 2006 and 2008 were epic battles that I had to dedicate myself to, and 2010 was also something I had to fight for because of what we were facing but now? Bleh. I think I know how uninspired people were in 1996 and 1998 now.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:44:33 PM »

Face it BRTD. You are getting less political. You have more other interests to compete.  Sorry to say it, since I never wanted to grow up, and still fight it, but you are growing up. Deal with it. 

Well if it's only because of aging you'd kind of expect shows to go before politics. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies