"Pro-life" Congressman pressured mistress to get abortion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:26:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Pro-life" Congressman pressured mistress to get abortion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Pro-life" Congressman pressured mistress to get abortion  (Read 2618 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: October 10, 2012, 01:37:32 PM »
« edited: October 10, 2012, 04:17:35 PM by LARGE HAM, THE POSTER »

So, a "pro-life" Congressman pressures a mistress to get an abortion a decade before he ran for Congress two years ago?

Yeah, seems like a legit point.  Makes perfect sense!  I'm sure the GOP is itching to run him out of the race and replace him with somebody who's biggest mistake was not paying a parking meter in 1975!

EDIT: Just in case somebody gets the impression that I think this guy is an upstanding individual I am not.  What he did was really bastardly and not that nice.  I think he might've even had mental issues that he needed to discuss with (and hopefully did) a therapist.  However, I don't think using something from a time period of 12 years ago is effective, given that last time the opposing candidate's campaign used something more recent and more serious than this and ended up losing against this guy in the first place.  That, and twelve years is more than enough time to have a change of heart (hell, looked at this guy's wikipedia and it says he had since been remarried and has three more kids).  Really, I don't see the attempt at painting a picture of a hypocrite is fitting in this situation, given the amount of time between the affair and this guy's congressional career.
Just saying.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 04:32:11 PM »

Please let the other blue Avatars know it is okay to post in this thread.

So this man openly admits to being fine with murdering children?

Only in conjunction with adultery and violating the Hippocratic oath.  Knock it off with the partisan hyperbole. Cheesy

What he did was really bastardly and not that nice.  I think he might've even had mental issues that he needed to discuss with (and hopefully did) a therapist.  However, I don't think using something from a time period of 12 years ago is effective, given that last time the opposing candidate's campaign used something more recent and more serious than this and ended up losing against this guy in the first place.

Lol.  I love how someone wanting to take the high road in this thread uses the word "bastard."  Ain't irony delicious?

I like my irony cold and with extra lime juice Link Cheesy

I'm sorry if I've given anyone the impression of taking a "high road" on this news story.  No matter how you slice it the guy did act like a bastard.  He did.  Cheating on your wife and then casting off your cheating other like they are Undesirables in an Indian Caste system is a bit bastardly.  And I don't say that as a holy roller man either.  I'm not sure about you, Link, but I tend to lean on the side of calling a spade a spade.

However, at the same time it seems a number of people here have ignored the details of what occurred.  Sure, it was a typical Republican story of marital infidelity and unwanted children.  And the man in this situation is a huge ass hypocrite for wanting the woman he was getting the uhlala with an abortion so he could kill off their relationship.  Well, he would be that huge ass hypocrite if we knew he stayed consistent in his thoughts, actions, and beliefs in the 12 years since it happened.  Me?  I don't know how he lived his life after that event, after his first divorce so I won't just go ahead and call him evil based on differences between the past and present.

Normally, given that this is a Teabaggerurrrruhrrrrrrhurrrdurrrdurr I would probably throw in some lame joke or one-liner about tea-bagging.  However, it also counts to pay attention to details.  This isn't about moral authority or being on a higher road than anyone (I'm in no position, given my posting history, to act in higher moral authority), this is about considering the background of the news story.  And given that, I feel this isn't very effective for this man's opponents to paint him as a hypocrite, given time lag.

Now excuse me while I go back to eating my Irony Soup.  Tis getting cold.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies