"Pro-life" Congressman pressured mistress to get abortion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:03:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Pro-life" Congressman pressured mistress to get abortion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Pro-life" Congressman pressured mistress to get abortion  (Read 2617 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: October 11, 2012, 07:33:54 AM »

So, a "pro-life" Congressman pressures a mistress to get an abortion a decade before he ran for Congress two years ago?

Yeah, seems like a legit point.  Makes perfect sense!  I'm sure the GOP is itching to run him out of the race and replace him with somebody who's biggest mistake was not paying a parking meter in 1975!

EDIT: Just in case somebody gets the impression that I think this guy is an upstanding individual I am not.  What he did was really bastardly and not that nice.  I think he might've even had mental issues that he needed to discuss with (and hopefully did) a therapist.  However, I don't think using something from a time period of 12 years ago is effective, given that last time the opposing candidate's campaign used something more recent and more serious than this and ended up losing against this guy in the first place.  That, and twelve years is more than enough time to have a change of heart (hell, looked at this guy's wikipedia and it says he had since been remarried and has three more kids).  Really, I don't see the attempt at painting a picture of a hypocrite is fitting in this situation, given the amount of time between the affair and this guy's congressional career.
Just saying.

If you or your sexual partner has had an abortion, it's one thing to later be personally opposed to it, but a person who's had an abortion has no right to publicly advocate denying everyone else a choice they themselves had. If Scott Desjarlais and his ladyfriend lived in Tea Party Utopia, they wouldn't have that choice. Instead, they'd have a kid together and in all likelihood he would never have become a congressman.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies