Opinion of this video
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:22:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Opinion of this video
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of this video  (Read 308 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2012, 10:08:34 PM »
« edited: October 28, 2012, 10:13:32 PM by Governor Scott »

http://w3.newsmax.com/a/aftershockb/video47a.cfm?promo_code=10270-1

I came across this article on an ad on Political Wire and found this video.  I'm not sure if there's any substance to what the economists are claiming, or if it's most likely a scare tactic/advertising gimmick.  Its political basis makes me suspect it's the latter.  Reaffirmations/rebuttals?
Wonkish1

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 11:08:48 PM »

1) This is an infomercial for some guy that is selling the hell out of his book lately
2) I've actually met people that have fallen in love with the book, but from what I've been able to gather he isn't that bright. He's just some permabear that succeeded in convincing others that he called a crash when he was always calling for a crash.

3) Out of all of the possible videos to put up showing conservative economists why would you put this one up? Please tell me this isn't your first attempt to actually try to figure out what non Krugman/Stiglitz economic community believes, is it?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 11:25:13 PM »

1) This is an infomercial for some guy that is selling the hell out of his book lately
2) I've actually met people that have fallen in love with the book, but from what I've been able to gather he isn't that bright. He's just some permabear that succeeded in convincing others that he called a crash when he was always calling for a crash.

3) Out of all of the possible videos to put up showing conservative economists why would you put this one up? Please tell me this isn't your first attempt to actually try to figure out what non Krugman/Stiglitz economic community believes, is it?

Haha, no.  I just wanted to know what some of the experts here thought of the alleged 'doom' for our economy in a year from now.  Come to think of it, we were suppose to be in a second Great Depression now according to one economist whose name escapes me, but it never happened.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same guy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies