Romney erases Barack's past lead in new FOX News Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:47:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Romney erases Barack's past lead in new FOX News Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney erases Barack's past lead in new FOX News Poll  (Read 1654 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »
« edited: October 10, 2012, 05:22:12 PM by Reaganfan »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/10/fox-news-poll-romney-erases-obama-lead-nationally-after-first-debate/

Mitt Romney now holds a narrow advantage over Barack Obama in the race for the White House -- 46 percent to 45 percent, if the election were held today, according to a Fox News national poll of likely voters released Wednesday.  

That’s a six-point turnaround and a three-point “debate bounce” for Romney.

Before the first presidential debate in Denver last Wednesday, Romney had 43 percent to Obama’s 48 percent (September 24-26, 2012).  

Romney’s edge comes mainly from independents, white voters and men.  Just over half of men (51 percent) back Romney now, the highest level of support he’s received among this group.  

The poll shows independents side with Romney by 44-32 percent.  That’s a reversal from before the debate when it was 43-39 in Obama’s favor.  One independent in four is undecided or will vote for another candidate.

Support for Obama is down a bit across the board -- most notably among young voters:  50 percent of voters under age 30 back Obama, down from 58 percent two weeks ago.  

According to the Fox News exit poll, 66 percent of young voters and 52 percent of independents backed Obama in the 2008 election

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/10/fox-news-poll-romney-erases-obama-lead-nationally-after-first-debate/#ixzz28w6i1Y9s
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 05:08:24 PM »

Don't you mean "erases Barack's lead"? Your headline makes it sound like Romney's winning in a landslide. Tongue
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 05:10:28 PM »

Don't you mean "erases Barack's lead"? Your headline makes it sound like Romney's winning in a landslide. Tongue

I never said the word landslide. I don't believe in implications.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 05:11:04 PM »

I think most people would understand that to "erase a lead" implies pulling even, not a landslide.  

Still, this is a hugely inaccurate poll with a bizarre track record.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 05:14:39 PM »

I think most people would understand that to "erase a lead" implies pulling even, not a landslide.

Which is exactly why he said it should say "erases Barack's lead" instead of what Naso actually posted that is "erases Barack". I guess reading comprehension isn't something tested for MENSA membership.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 05:18:11 PM »

Still, this is a hugely inaccurate poll with a bizarre track record.

Naso's version of the headline doesn't say "erase a lead" though, it just says "erases Barack".

Also while Fox's television network is basically wall to wall propaganda, their polling branch is not. I can believe these numbers.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 05:22:32 PM »

I edited the titled because I was tired of hearing those people.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 05:24:45 PM »

Which is exactly why he said it should say "erases Barack's lead" instead of what Naso actually posted that is "erases Barack". I guess reading comprehension isn't something tested for MENSA membership.

I guess you do need to be in Mensa to understand that virtually no one says "erase" to mean "destroy" or "wins in a landslide."  

Naso, for BRTD's sake, use tiny words.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 05:27:28 PM »

Also while Fox's television network is basically wall to wall propaganda, their polling branch is not. I can believe these numbers.

Their polling has been very erratic this year, and not matching anyone else's (about half the time).  This is one, even though it is good for Romney, I'd still take with a grain of salt.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »

Their polling has been very erratic this year, and not matching anyone else's (about half the time).  This is one, even though it is good for Romney, I'd still take with a grain of salt.

I think this whole race has been volatile.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 05:32:37 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2012, 05:36:16 PM by Obamanation of Obama's Nation »

Freudian slip in the title.. eh Reaganfan ?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 05:45:52 PM »

I edited the titled because I was tired of hearing those people.

lol. Uh, thanks? (Is this like when McCain referred to Obama as "that one" in that debate four years ago? Smiley )
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 05:49:13 PM »

I guess you do need to be in Mensa to understand that virtually no one says "erase" to mean "destroy" or "wins in a landslide."  

Many people use "erase" as in "to destroy".
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »

Yeah, they've shown huge swings from Romney to Obama and back to Romney at random moments for no reason.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 05:55:34 PM »

This poll was conducted October 7-9, i.e. Sunday-Tuesday.  So much for the Romney's bounce was over after Friday meme.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 05:55:57 PM »

In the context of a poll, the only thing that I have heard is related to erasing a lead.

The key word in the title is "FOX."  Smiley
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 05:56:04 PM »

Maybe he used the word "Erase" as a shout out to you Eraserhead, or maybe David Lynch.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 07:45:59 PM »

You still haven't figured it out.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 07:50:16 PM »

I have.  You don't.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 07:53:06 PM »

I have.  You don't.

I know this is difficult for you, but read the original comment from Eraserhead...then look at the original thread title. If you still don't get it...
Link
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 08:02:41 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2012, 08:04:56 PM by Link »

I'm pretty sure that a prominent Republican made a multimillion dollar movie where his signature line was "You've just been erased."  Then he kills the guy.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 08:14:36 PM »

Maybe he used the word "Erase" as a shout out to you Eraserhead, or maybe David Lynch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrl3n2ZtK2E

Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »

I believe this poll, I cant see Obama ahead still nationally. These polls usually in line with others.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies