Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 04:26:26 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Election and History Games
| | |-+  Mock Parliment (Moderator: Bacon King)
| | | |-+  Australian Labor Party caucus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Australian Labor Party caucus  (Read 2709 times)
Cappuccino

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2013, 05:35:31 am »
Ignore

Not sure about the most recent platform, but here's some info on a Gillard aged care policy from last year:

http://australianpolitics.com/2012/04/20/gillard-announces-aged-care-policy.html

Also, does anyone know where the PM is? He hasn't been here for a while and we need to get into election mode.

Fmr. President & Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2013, 06:26:06 am »
Ignore

I'll be outlining economic policy tomorrow

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
Fmr. President & Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2013, 12:28:55 am »
Ignore

Economic Policy

- The priority of the government is the transition to the post-mining boom reality. We will encourage greater economic diversification and while we are committed to returning our Budget to surplus, we will not announce arbitrary deadlines.  We will not risk services and this approach is considered welcome and sensible by all credit-rating agencies.

- We will make the resources rent tax work. We will institute maximum deductibility against liability to a maximum of 50% of total taxation liability. This will also extend to jurisdictions claiming deductions. The Act as it currently is, provides too many loopholes that are being exploited to a massive degree. We are committed to good-faith negotiations but if re-elected we will amend the Act to make it work better for all Australians.

- We need to take stock of the support payments made, almost automatically to people, regardless of income. If these are indeed 'support' payments, then why are they made to people without any need for support. It is the height of fiscal prudence to ensure that support is direct to those who actually need it.

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2013, 04:42:47 am »
Ignore

Not sure about the most recent platform, but here's some info on a Gillard aged care policy from last year:

http://australianpolitics.com/2012/04/20/gillard-announces-aged-care-policy.html

Also, does anyone know where the PM is? He hasn't been here for a while and we need to get into election mode.
Sorry. Have been kinda busy lately and not a lot was going on here.

Liking a lot of ideas so far. Will do a review soon.
Lt. Governor Dr. Cynic
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2013, 12:42:29 pm »
Ignore

Having read that through, I think the RL policy is a good one. I'd recommend keeping it.

GAworth
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2013, 05:12:37 am »
Ignore

Hey guys, I hope it is not to late to join in on the fun. Now I don't know all the elements and subtleties of Aussie politics but I am willing to give it a go.
Name: George Ryan
Party: Labor
Bio: Eldest of five children born to an Aboriginal father and American mother, father was a farm hand, while mom is an at home seamstress. George grew up in poverty and faced discrimination for most of his childhood. Shortly after coming out as bisexual he was beaten by a mob and left for dead. He survived but was paralyzed from the waist down. George went to college in the States with help from his extended family at Georgia State University, after graduating with a bachelors in Public Policy he returned home he set up a nonprofit for GLBT Territorians as well helped set up a fishing co-op owned and operated by first nations people. A relative newcomer to politics, George ran for the assembly in his family home of Alice Spring only to be defeated in the safe conservative seat.
While socially and economically on the left. George has campaigned for a self-sufficient Australia and encourages all means of achieving it. George Ryan has also made a name for being a champion of First Nations people across the Territory and the rest of Australia.

Address: Tiwi Island, Northern Territory
Electorate: Lingiari
Place of Birth: Alice Springs, NT
Occupation: Nonprofit advocate, activist, Fisherman, small business owner.
Religion: Methodist
Sexuality: Bisexual, Single
Addictions/Medical conditions: Wheelchair bound

E: -3.87 S: -1.57
Hifly
hifly15
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: 3.48

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2013, 10:35:21 am »
Ignore

There seems to be an startlingly high number of gay people in caucus.

GAworth
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2013, 11:23:18 am »
Ignore

At least a lot of rumored ones anyway.
With my character, I will be focusing on halting the intervention, equal marriage, supporting farmers, and a national energy self-sufficiency program.

- For 1 year no taxes shall be paid on solar panels, insulation, water recycling systems, energy efficient appliances made in Australia and 1/2 the normal amount of tax on non-Australian made products.
- 30% of all Federal buildings energy come from renewable energy in 5 years.
- Support for transitioning the auto industry and gas stations to accommodate hybrid capacity.
- Continue the current carbon scheme.

I was wondering what everyone thought? Could we include something like this into our energy policy?

Hifly
hifly15
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: 3.48

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2013, 04:06:57 pm »
Ignore

I oppose half the things your character stands for.

GAworth
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2013, 08:43:34 pm »
Ignore

Ha!!! Well I respect that. I look forward to the campaign and winning reelecting a Labor Majority.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout