Who won the Debate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:04:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who won the Debate?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Poll
Question: Who won it?
Biden

Ryan

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 177

Author Topic: Who won the Debate?  (Read 14873 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2012, 10:15:58 PM »

My democratic family members said they thought Biden looked like a "prick" because of his smugness.

His laughing and grinning was childish. Of course, VP debates don't matter. Ask Vice President Quayle.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2012, 10:16:51 PM »

Anyone who thinks Ryan won is a hack, just like anyone who thinks Obama won the last debate is a hack.  

I'm watching twitter and Facebook and the comments are overwhelmingly about how bad Biden was.
 Plus Biden was wrong on a number of things, some of which might be pretty damaging the next few days.  
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2012, 10:17:43 PM »

CNN POLL- Ryan 48
                  Biden 44
Paleobrazilian
Brazil

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2012, 10:18:03 PM »

CNN 48% Ryan 44% Biden. Biden did well on substance and enthusiasm but tried too hard.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2012, 10:19:58 PM »

Anyone who thinks Ryan won is a hack, just like anyone who thinks Obama won the last debate is a hack.  

I'm watching twitter and Facebook and the comments are overwhelmingly about how bad Biden was.
 Plus Biden was wrong on a number of things, some of which might be pretty damaging the next few days.  

Funny, my twitter feed is the exact opposite. Maybe because you're mostly following conservatives?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »

Could have done without the laughing and interruptions, but Biden won for sure. Not even close.

Ryan, largely for that reason.  He won on style points. 

CNN gave it to Ryan, 48/44, well within the MOE. 

This is not a game changer.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2012, 10:25:02 PM »

Funny, my twitter feed is the exact opposite. Maybe because you're mostly following conservatives?

It's a pretty good mix actually, my college friends are/were lefties and my local/old friends tend to be right of center.  

It's funny watching arguments.  Which is were the Biden clown show is dominating conversation.    
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2012, 10:26:04 PM »

CNN 48% Ryan 44% Biden. Biden did well on substance and enthusiasm but tried too hard.

Roughly how I saw things.....

The REAL debate now is how this get spun in the media...  Tomorrow night I wonder if the story is Biden the Buffoon, or Biden the aggressor.....?

At minimum, I think Biden did his job to stop the bleeding, the Dem base will like what he did... even if his buffoonery hurts with independents at the margin, the increased enthusiasm in the base may make up for it...

Not surprising the CBS poll has Biden winning by a rather large margin of 50 to 31....

Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2012, 10:26:30 PM »

Whoever voted Ryan on CNN just felt sorry for him.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2012, 10:29:46 PM »

My democratic family members said they thought Biden looked like a "prick" because of his smugness.

His laughing and grinning was childish. Of course, VP debates don't matter. Ask Vice President Quayle.

Your family members may have a future accompanying Joe Lieberman to Fox News.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2012, 10:33:22 PM »

The one that didn't look like he needed a straight jacket.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2012, 10:34:37 PM »

Didn't they switch to Romney last month over some event?
milhouse24
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2012, 10:39:27 PM »

I don't know who won, other than Paul Ryan's big biceps, LOL.

But Joe Biden took too many Red Bulls or had too much coffee.  

He made a lot of wild gestures, faces, laughing at inappropriate times, acting snarly.  It just seemed he over-did it.  

But I think over-all it was a Draw.  

The media wanted to show two white Catholic middle class men saving America from the dangerous minorities and dark skinned foreigners in the middle east.  
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2012, 10:41:45 PM »

They both had jobs to do... Biden needed to fire up the base and Ryan needed to secure those who shifted after the last debate.

But I'm not going to say exactly what I think beyond saying I think Biden did win, but most won't see it as any kind of walk-over.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2012, 10:44:20 PM »

Biden won, simply for the fact he did not let Ryan's falsehoods go unanswered and demonstrated a depth of experience. When it came to national security, there was a gulf between the candidates. Ryan sounded weak on national security and as if he was reciting memorized talking points.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2012, 10:46:56 PM »

Biden absolutely destroyed Ryan though I don't think veep debates matter all that much. And the Republican denials provides an interesting contrast with the 1st debate, where most Dems conceded Obama did not do well. It tells you a lot about the difference between Republicans and Democrats.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2012, 10:47:13 PM »

Ryan on style, Biden on substance. This debate won't make much of a difference. Biden would have been the clear winner had he changed his demeanor a bit..
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2012, 10:47:40 PM »

They both had jobs to do... Biden needed to fire up the base and Ryan needed to secure those who shifted after the last debate.
Probably true, Partisan Dems feel better about themselves and Indies and women continue their march away from dems and to Romney/Ryan.  Not sure how thats a Biden "win" but OK.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2012, 10:48:21 PM »

This basically stops Romney's rise just as the 2004 VP debate stopped Kerrymentum.
This is not 2004.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2012, 10:49:14 PM »

Probably true, Partisan Dems feel better about themselves and Indies and women continue their march away from dems and to Romney/Ryan.  Not sure how thats a Biden "win" but OK.

After Ryan's answer on abortion... don't count your shift on women juuuuust yet.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2012, 10:52:04 PM »

Biden absolutely destroyed Ryan though I don't think veep debates matter all that much. And the Republican denials provides an interesting contrast with the 1st debate, where most Dems conceded Obama did not do well. It tells you a lot about the difference between Republicans and Democrats.
polling, focus groups, social media, and common sense points to a Biden loss, although it wasn't as bad as Obama's because Joe is a fighter, a really weird clownish buffoon fighter, but a fighter.  He gets some points for that.    
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2012, 10:56:37 PM »

I don't know who won, other than Paul Ryan's big biceps, LOL.

But Joe Biden took too many Red Bulls or had too much coffee.  

He made a lot of wild gestures, faces, laughing at inappropriate times, acting snarly.  It just seemed he over-did it.  

But I think over-all it was a Draw.  

The media wanted to show two white Catholic middle class men saving America from the dangerous minorities and dark skinned foreigners in the middle east.  

opebo, is that you?
dspNY
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2012, 10:56:52 PM »

CBS's snap poll is more important because it polled the undecideds, and Biden won that one. So I sense the GOP is clutching pearls here because they're not used to getting it dished back at them
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2012, 10:57:55 PM »

I'm tired of you citing your "democratic" family members as if their opinion is supposed to fing mean something. Its like when Romney strategically arranges black people and Hispanics to be seen on camera right behind him during rallies.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2012, 10:59:27 PM »

It's clear that Biden would have ran away with this debate had he not become an attack dog. It gave off the impression that he was smug. Ryan was speaking about unemployed Americans and Biden was grinning like a whack-job.

This performance indicates trouble for Obama in the 2nd Presidential Debate against Governor Romney. The reason? If Obama and Biden are going to try to be attack dogs, it will backfire.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies